PDA

View Full Version : The little things in life

mm2002
05-13-2008, 11:36
I just taped my 3 yr olds favorite crayon back together, and you'd have thought I just gave her a million bucks! I may not be a hero in any other aspect of my life, but to my daughters, I'm THE MAN!
Enjoy 'em while they're young folks! :smiley2:

thor
05-13-2008, 12:33
Isn't it wonderful. You have all the answers and can fix anything, when you have a 3 year old. Just wait until they turn into teenagers, when we never have the right answers, and are responsible for everything that goes wrong. Enjoy it while it lasts.

torrey
05-13-2008, 12:38
I've got one coming in September. Can't wait.

huvrr
05-13-2008, 13:31
just wait till she turns 16 and asks what you have done for her lately

mm_dm
05-13-2008, 13:55
It does get better with the teens, though. After a year or so out of the house, it was amazing how things improved- and that's with three of them out now. The hardest part was trying to teach them to be self-sufficient and getting them to take any measure of personal responsibility. Mainly, it was about getting them to figure out who they were apart from mom and dad (me).

Their teen years...so many memories of long, engaging arguments sandwiched between moments of the stuff hitting the fan...thank God I was more stubborn than them.

Bigg_Budd
05-13-2008, 13:59
My little dudes think I hung the moon. Sure hope I never dissapoint them....

mm2002
05-13-2008, 15:25
Sure hope I never disappoint them....

I hear that brother! :smiley20:

Splitlip
05-13-2008, 18:21
My little dudes think I hung the moon. Sure hope I never dissapoint them....
THAT...becomes the challange as they get older.

Don't age on them. Take part in their activities even if it hurts. Don't get lost in your job. Throw a ball with them. Coach a rec team. I surfed and skate boarded with mine. Now SCUBA. She thinks I am Batman.

With her social schedule and her being on the brink of adulthood, I am no longer a "super" hero. But Batman is ok. Unlike some her friends' parents who are considered a "nuisance".

Largo
05-13-2008, 18:25
All this nostalgic Dad stuff makes me wonder if I have any children.

mm2002
05-13-2008, 18:49

Go in one of the small bedrooms and see if there's any toys and stuff laying around. If there is, I guarantee there's kids in there somewhere. Better yet, check in the "extra" bathroom. If it's totally trashed, no soap, no toilet paper, no nothing, then there's some kids in the house somewhere. Ya better find 'em while they're young though...it ain't gonna get no better! :smiley36:

Largo
05-13-2008, 19:00
I got in trouble for that joke at work.

I was with a customer, and she asked, "Do you have any children."

To which I replied, "Not that I know of."

Seriously, who complains to someone's boss about a harmless joke???

DOWNDEEP73
05-13-2008, 19:12
I keep a couple around to mow the yard, take out the trash, feed the dogs, kick the cats, and to make my Ole' Lady pull her hair out.

Splitlip
05-13-2008, 20:16

Go in one of the small bedrooms and see if there's any toys and stuff laying around. If there is, I guarantee there's kids in there somewhere. Better yet, check in the "extra" bathroom. If it's totally trashed, no soap, no toilet paper, no nothing, then there's some kids in the house somewhere. Ya better find 'em while they're young though...it ain't gonna get no better! :smiley36:
Sun rise sun set doobi doobi doo

When they turn 12, all of a sudden you ar not so smart anymore. Every day you wake up after that you are just a little dumber.

Splitlip
05-13-2008, 20:17
I keep a couple around to mow the yard, take out the trash, feed the dogs, kick the cats, and to make my Ole' Lady pull her hair out.

Did I see you on that episode of cops?:smiley36:

elijahb
05-13-2008, 20:27
just wait till she turns 16 and asks what you have done for her lately

Yeah:smiley36:

DOWNDEEP73
05-13-2008, 20:32

Did I see you on that episode of cops?:smiley36:
Not Lately!

mitchy
05-14-2008, 07:11

Just fell of my chair laughing