PDA

View Full Version : Upper Peninsula of Michigan

crosseyed95
08-05-2007, 16:22
Hello from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I'm located about 2 hours North of Green Bay Wisconsin. Both my wife and I actively dive and accumulate about 120 dives between May and September. Pretty much wrecks in Lake Michigan, Superior and Huron along with some minor shore dives. I'm a PADI DiveMaster and the wife is Rescue. We also do at least one winter trip to warm up.

I normally don't give lots of info about myself but I like Scubatoys so I figure what the &$#*.

Well, just wanted to say hi to everyone. Happy to see that there are some other cold water divers out there. Since the board is Scubatoys, I wasn't sure if I'd see other Mid-West divers but I guess Scubatoys is "all-powerful".

texdiveguy
08-05-2007, 16:50
Hello from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I'm located about 2 hours North of Green Bay Wisconsin. Both my wife and I actively dive and accumulate about 120 dives between May and September. Pretty much wrecks in Lake Michigan, Superior and Huron along with some minor shore dives. I'm a PADI DiveMaster and the wife is Rescue. We also do at least one winter trip to warm up.

I normally don't give lots of info about myself but I like Scubatoys so I figure what the &$#*.

Well, just wanted to say hi to everyone. Happy to see that there are some other cold water divers out there. Since the board is Scubatoys, I wasn't sure if I'd see other Mid-West divers but I guess Scubatoys is "all-powerful".

Welcome!

What wreck sites have you visited on Superior?

crosseyed95
08-05-2007, 17:02
Not as many as I'd like!!! Mainly limited to Munising area (Smith Moore, Selvick, etc). Wife and I are headed to Whitefish Point in a couple weeks. I'm really excited because up until a couple weeks ago we had to depend upon charters but we purchased our own boat which will allow us to hit those out of the way places. I'd also like to do the "Mesquite" which is off the Keweenaw Peninsula.

texdiveguy
08-05-2007, 17:13
Not as many as I'd like!!! Mainly limited to Munising area (Smith Moore, Selvick, etc). Wife and I are headed to Whitefish Point in a couple weeks. I'm really excited because up until a couple weeks ago we had to depend upon charters but we purchased our own boat which will allow us to hit those out of the way places. I'd also like to do the "Mesquite" which is off the Keweenaw Peninsula.

That is so kool....you sound as if you now have it made with a boat....need a crew member--lol.....be safe and enjoy.

94GTStang
08-05-2007, 17:20
Hi and welcome to the boards!

crosseyed95
08-05-2007, 17:23
I feel like I've got it made. Been saving and eating dog food for some time!! Nice thing is the wife dives and wants the same thing so it's a team effort.

texdiveguy
08-05-2007, 17:40
I feel like I've got it made. Been saving and eating dog food for some time!! Nice thing is the wife dives and wants the same thing so it's a team effort.

Marriage made in heaven!

Coaster
08-06-2007, 04:39
Welcome!!

creggur
08-06-2007, 06:24
Hi, and welcome to the boards!!!! It's a nice place to hang out!!

Foo2
08-06-2007, 10:38
Welcome to ST! Happy posting!

Centerius
08-06-2007, 14:40
Welcome to the board!