PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm cranky,,,,,,

boates
05-13-2008, 17:53
But, I'm tired of sharing experiences ..... We all have info to share. However, on many scubaboards,, I've noticed that only a few members post and share, the majority lurk and take:smiley30:. I thought this 1 was different I think I'm done. Dive safe:smiley20:

Largo
05-13-2008, 17:57
Hang in there. Just 96 posts to go...

aggie99
05-13-2008, 18:03
But, I'm tired of sharing experiences ..... We all have info to share. However, on many scubaboards,, I've noticed that only a few members post and share, the majority lurk and take:smiley30:. I thought this 1 was different I think I'm done. Dive safe:smiley20:

It's amazing how the posts drop off once you hit the 250 mark.

cummings66
05-13-2008, 18:38
Someday I'll get there too.:smiley36:

DOWNDEEP73
05-13-2008, 18:40
It's better than sitting around talking with your old lady!

Beaucoupfishies
05-13-2008, 19:08
I think a large majority of people go to places like these to learn things or get questions answered. So most of them aren't going to contribute much other than asking questions to need to be brought up again from time to time. I doubt it's anything deliberate for the most part.

Babster
05-13-2008, 19:32
Four Rules!

4. You must wear Black.

Largo
05-13-2008, 19:35
All black?

I always avoid yellow because sharks think yellow things are tasty.

Babster
05-13-2008, 19:44
Green would be good - especially for "guy" sharks. Cause green means healthy, and no self-respecting shark wants to do that,

Geoff_T
05-13-2008, 19:50
heh heh don't forget that its ok to dive with implants...... really ok

Splitlip
05-13-2008, 20:37
All black?

I always avoid yellow because sharks think yellow things are tasty.
yum yum yellow

Splitlip
05-13-2008, 20:38
heh heh don't forget that its ok to dive with implants...... really ok
edit deleted.

Most are not ready for my reply.:smilie39:

Penguino
05-13-2008, 23:59

I have no problem with those that just "lurk and take". If that helps them to learn and be better divers, more power to them.

huvrr
05-14-2008, 06:38
I'm just happy to have someone actually read something I have to say

moosicman
05-14-2008, 06:48
I have no problem with them either. Nobody is holding a gun to my head to read any post. :)

PepeDiver
05-14-2008, 09:47
I'm one of the lurker/taker types in part. Mostly because the questions that I think of are usually answered with a simple search through the forum. No need to ask a question thats been asked and answered 30 times in the past 6 months. I'm on here almost constantly (I think I'm addicted) but I dont post often. There's good knowledge here and I dont mind getting a share of it and don't think people in general mind the sharing. If they did mind sharing their knowledge I'd have to wonder about them.

heydn62
05-14-2008, 11:51
I'm one of the lurker/taker types in part. Mostly because the questions that I think of are usually answered with a simple search through the forum. No need to ask a question thats been asked and answered 30 times in the past 6 months. I'm on here almost constantly (I think I'm addicted) but I dont post often. There's good knowledge here and I dont mind getting a share of it and don't think people in general mind the sharing. If they did mind sharing their knowledge I'd have to wonder about them.

I mostly just read and lurk as well. I just completed certification in April, and don't have a whole lot to add that's not already here.

I've noticed sometimes it takes a while to "sift" through the extra "run-up-my-post-count" messages to find what I'm looking for.

I try not to do that much, but I guess I just did.

DarinMartell
05-14-2008, 11:59
1. I think part of the posts slowing down is that as new divers we start out asking as many questions as we can. I have not been on the board less lately but I have had less to ask so I have contributed less. Now let me get some experience under my belt so I can share wisdom / experience and my posts will speed back up.

2. When someone asks a question that has been answered before (pony, Dir, BPW, etc) one of the first responses is always is "you could get that info by doing a search". When a new person reads that it can put them off, my thought is that yes it may have been covered before but someone with a valuable opinion might not have been a member at that time. So I think a question should be searched and asked again.

3. There have been many discussions about new divers not having enough experience to have vauable opinions. While I know this is not the concensus, reading posts like that can make someone a bit more reluctant to share on the boards. Look at the post count / dive thread. When the owner of a major diving manufacturer thinks that people with too few dives are giving too many opinions, it tends to make people rethink adding to the conversation.