PDA

View Full Version : Pee off the boat or use the head?

crosseyed95
05-14-2008, 20:33
What's your personal choice??

Let it hang out in nature and pee off the boat

or

Go down below and use the head

FishFood
05-14-2008, 20:40
Off the back... No need to mess up the head :D

huvrr
05-14-2008, 20:45
fact is many drowning victims who fell off boats had their flys unzipped

Scotttyd
05-14-2008, 21:18
smooth sailing with all men, off the back,
rough water and/or women on the boat, in the head

matt151617
05-14-2008, 22:20
Eh who cares, do it off the back. I'll pee just about anywhere. Especially when I'm drinking.

hooligan
05-14-2008, 22:22
Why not pee in your wetsuit... i mean if you can do it under water, why not above water? j/k ;)

PepeDiver
05-14-2008, 22:36
Why not pee in your wetsuit... i mean if you can do it under water, why not above water? j/k ;)

if you happen to still be wet from the last dive no one will notice! :smiley20:

CompuDude
05-15-2008, 00:26
Depends on the size of the boat... big boats, it's not really cool to whip it out and go down the side.

Row boats, pangas and inflatables... no head anyway, so let it fly!

rumblefish
05-15-2008, 00:27
As long as it's not into the wind...

Geoff_T
05-15-2008, 00:29
depends if im in mixed company or not

aaronle06
05-15-2008, 00:34
Depends on the size of the boat... big boats, it's not really cool to whip it out and go down the side.

lol rowboat? thats wayyyyy too small to make it unnoticeable.

CompuDude
05-15-2008, 00:45

lol rowboat? thats wayyyyy too small to make it unnoticeable.

For some of us, it's noticeable either way. ;)

:smilie39:

kevindittoe
05-15-2008, 01:14
The ability to urinate wherever we please is what seperates us from the animals. Wait, uh... Oh screw it, I just like to pee outside!:urinate:

Bert
05-15-2008, 05:09
My granfather's boat dosen't have a head, so I told my buddy to look for icebergs in Lake St. Clair so I could "talk to a man about a dog"

pkdiver
05-15-2008, 07:00
off the back, just make sure the rest of your dive party has already surfaced and is back on board.

mm_dm
05-15-2008, 07:29
I guess it depends on who used the head last and what their stated purpose was. Hey, I'm a guy...if I can sleep anywhere then I sure as hell can pee anywhere.

No Misses
05-15-2008, 08:07
I don't have a head on my boat. No matter what your discharge is, it better be off the stern 8-0

Side note: In marine preserves, it is illeagal to pee off the boat. It is considered discharge of sewage.

harb99
05-15-2008, 08:12
depends if im in mixed company or not

same for me

Murloc
05-15-2008, 08:51
doesn't everyone hang it off the side of the boat?...thought that's how you checked water depth......

ratown
05-15-2008, 08:57
I've been peein off the boat since I was 4.

tamucc2004
05-15-2008, 09:45
doesn't everyone hang it off the side of the boat?...thought that's how you checked water depth......

And the Temp!
In my head! :smiley31:

The reaction I normally get!:smilie39:

I always figured it is part of our God given right to pee free. I grew up in the country and Mom always got mad at Dad and I cus we would pee off the porch vs. the bathroom. Its just more fun!

fkostyun
05-15-2008, 12:01
Well, another way of looking at is your "checking the props"

elijahb
05-15-2008, 13:40

if you happen to still be wet from the last dive no one will notice! :smiley20:

:smilie39::smilie39:
Maybe...

ratown
05-15-2008, 13:56
I know a person who just pees in his baggies. We were at the beach and immediately after a freedive he just starts peeing his pants. It was weird to say the least.

YamilR
05-15-2008, 15:08
Testing the theory for an informed poll answer, it's not me by the way.....I vote #1

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
05-15-2008, 17:56
Anywhere but my drysuit. :)

scubasamurai
05-15-2008, 18:53
depends on the boat, those little six pack boats the head is usually a closet full of junk so off the stern, but on those bigger boats i use the head. also doesn't matter what gender is on board, just their atittude to the whole deal. but you forgot your pole about peeing in your dry suit!

fire diver
05-15-2008, 22:05
I haven't been on any really long boat rides (that weren't in MY boat). Typically if I have to go, it will be at the end of the dive, and I just jump back in the water after doffing my gear, and hang on the rope or the ladder. Never seen anyone just whip it out on the boat.

cummings66
05-16-2008, 07:07
For me it all depends on the boat, conditions, people on board, and my modesty at the moment.

Most of the time I try to go before I surface, or right after I get in the water. I have a P-Valve so it's something easily done and I don't get urine in places I don't want it. Of course, there are other issues.

BuzzGA
05-17-2008, 00:51
fact is many drowning victims who fell off boats had their flys unzipped

Just remember the rule one hand for...you, one hand for the boat

tamucc2004
05-19-2008, 15:46
You also have to watch going off the back of the boat while it is running with a "Good Friend" at the throttle, or you might end up peeing in the water anyway.

BuzzF117
05-19-2008, 15:52
Dive boat I was on in Feb had a rule for the crew only that the one that used it had to clean it so they all wizzed off the back even the girls don't know who had to clean it if none of the crew used it thought

iowdivnut
05-19-2008, 20:59
Small group off the stern, big group, jump back in the water while others board and let it flow Joe!

Madmax1997
05-19-2008, 21:39
If I have to go... and no other choice...:smiley5: off the boat... then reload the beers!

DollFin
05-20-2008, 21:05
I was on a boat with some friends recently and we were out there for a while - eventually we ALL succumbed to nature's call. We gals just jumped in and hung on to the ladder.

Eurodiver
05-21-2008, 05:47
I must have the bladder from hell.
I have only pee'd in my dive suit once by TOTAL accident and felt so guilty I was sure that the whole dive shop knew when I got back that I haven't done it since. As for boat trips no matter how long they are I can wait. As a child I grew up on a lake in Oklahoma {not that I admit that often} and my parents always had the "little kid" potty on the boat and a gallon size baggy in it if I had to go.

cowgirldiver
05-21-2008, 08:54
No shame in being from Oklahoma, Eurodiver....what lake did you grow up on?
Just want you to know that by giving me something to reply to, you've helped me get my 10th post!!!!!

mike_s
05-21-2008, 09:24

I think this all has to do with the company(people) you are with.

I dont' think it's really polite to whip it out and pee off the back of the boat in front of a bunch of other women on the boat, even if your back is to them.

If that is the case, just get in the water for a short relaxing swim.

I was on a boat with some friends recently and we were out there for a while - eventually we ALL succumbed to nature's call. We gals just jumped in and hung on to the ladder.

that doesn't bother me, getting on the ladder and swimmiing for a minute........ BUT we were tied up for a fireworks show one night and one of the women on the other boat beside us would just go one step down on the ladder, squat and pee'd off the ladder trying not to get wet, peeing through her suit about 1' above the water. ALL RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF US.

Then she stepped up a run, paused, and let her swim suit 'finish dripping'. (talk about a bad visual).

Now she did this right there in front of 5 boats of people (20' size average boats) that were all tied up together. Even with us yelling at her to 'get in the water' and do that.

I just really don't want to watch someone pee like that, then squat there in front of us to 'finish dripping'. neither did anyone else.

DollFin
05-21-2008, 12:27
that doesn't bother me, getting on the ladder and swimmiing for a minute........ BUT we were tied up for a fireworks show one night and one of the women on the other boat beside us would just go one step down on the ladder, squat and pee'd off the ladder trying not to get wet, peeing through her suit about 1' above the water. ALL RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF US.

Then she stepped up a run, paused, and let her swim suit 'finish dripping'. (talk about a bad visual).

Now she did this right there in front of 5 boats of people (20' size average boats) that were all tied up together. Even with us yelling at her to 'get in the water' and do that.

I just really don't want to watch someone pee like that, then squat there in front of us to 'finish dripping'. neither did anyone else.

Ewwwww, don't blame ya there!! I don't get people who go out on a boat and then don't want to get wet, but don't mind showing an entire harbor full of people what business they are up to!!

Eurodiver
05-21-2008, 13:52
Just want you to know that by giving me something to reply to, you've helped me get my 10th post!!!!!

Eufaula

I didn't mind it as long as my mom wasn't around. She about had a coronary when I was 3 and my dad put ski's on me and tossed me in the water.
I always wanted to do what my dad did so if he was working on cars I was right there with grease in my blond hair and after he died then came all the girly crap. Etiquette school, modeling classes, cheer leading, band all the dumb stuff. The only thing I learned in Etiquette class was when they say come dressed for breakfast don't show up in boxers a sweat shirt coffee in one hand and a cigarette in the other. LOL Not good. I can now go to a Black Tie affair or a BBQ and know what is expected of me.
The only reason I don't say I am from Oklahoma often is cause most people look at you like you just came from Hee Haw truck or something.
I was born in Russia and raised in America so I never really fit in with Oklahoma people I guess. Just not my cup of tea.

fire diver
05-21-2008, 16:18

Eufaula

I didn't mind it as long as my mom wasn't around. She about had a coronary when I was 3 and my dad put ski's on me and tossed me in the water.
I always wanted to do what my dad did so if he was working on cars I was right there with grease in my blond hair and after he died then came all the girly crap. Etiquette school, modeling classes, cheer leading, band all the dumb stuff. The only thing I learned in Etiquette class was when they say come dressed for breakfast don't show up in boxers a sweat shirt coffee in one hand and a cigarette in the other. LOL Not good. I can now go to a Black Tie affair or a BBQ and know what is expected of me.
The only reason I don't say I am from Oklahoma often is cause most people look at you like you just came from Hee Haw truck or something.
I was born in Russia and raised in America so I never really fit in with Oklahoma people I guess. Just not my cup of tea.

Heck, you were just around the wrong Okies. Let us know if you plan on making a trip back here. We can schedule a group dive, and you can meet some locals you have something in common with.

cowgirldiver
05-21-2008, 17:17
I know what you mean-I used to go out with a guy from New Jersey and you think we still had tumbleweeds and cowboys and Indians....well, I guess we do have all those things but not like people think of them.

ian
05-21-2008, 19:19
Yikes! I need a new keyboard...

I was persuing the "Recent Posts" list when i noticed that this thread was follwed immediately by the thread "Rinsing camera housing "

Too funny...

Ian

Rileybri
05-21-2008, 22:50
I would like post in this most important thread and go on record as an off the back of the boat if you can person. Why make a mess if ya don't need to??

mike_s
05-22-2008, 08:34
I will say, don't pee off the back of the boat in 6 foot seas while crossing the gulfstream at night.... if you fall off, they might never find you..

Karletto
05-29-2008, 05:10
off the boat couse:
- toilttetes in boats (not chemical) smell like :smiley11: ;
- waves make it more :smiley11::smiley11:
- when u have too less water pumped in u could end with the **** in your face :smiley11::smiley11::smiley11: while pumping out (and an old pump + waves)

peeing off the boat in gale 5 storms is almost impossible: ur leaning on the fence, holding the fence with both hands with your ____ in one of them -> or laying your ____ on the fence and holding the fence with both hands

AND DONT FORGET TO CLOSE THE VALVE WHEN U LEAVE THE TOILETTE :smiley35:

rawalker
05-29-2008, 12:27
For me it depends on if I'm in mixed company or not.

longtailbda
06-08-2008, 08:54
It depends on the boat, who owns the boat and who's on the boat.

jaxjags64109
06-08-2008, 10:37
depends on if the water was cold or warm, cold water...shrinkage...and it's not about whipping it out as much as digging that lil bugger out!

Flfiremedic
06-08-2008, 10:57
Off the back of the boat...or rig...I've pee'd in the Gulf of Mexico, Atlantic, Pacific, Red Sea, Med, and the Persian Gulf so far.

Rainer
06-08-2008, 11:18

p-valve...

DallasMarineBio
06-22-2008, 22:59
I like to pee off the front of the boat, facing starboard.

...but then again I'm kind of an a** sometimes

DallasMarineBio
06-22-2008, 23:03

p-valve...

They are rather embarrassing when the glue on the sticky rubber fails, try to get THAT smell out of 400g thinsulate!
:smiley_scuba:

thagar
06-28-2008, 21:49
Just hope the wind doesn't shift in the middle of the process.

"I can't stop, it will sting"

Texaslight
07-09-2008, 17:05
Always great for a wave

diver 85
07-09-2008, 17:18
What's your personal choice??

Let it hang out in nature and pee off the boat

or

Go down below and use the head

This one's VERY easy...A head is only a seasick hole.....no one, almost no one, uses the head on my boat---> "go over the side or SUFFER" is what I tell everyone(except my wife...lol).......

diver 85
07-09-2008, 17:23
Just hope the wind doesn't shift in the middle of the process.

"I can't stop, it will sting"

Someone needs to write a song about this..I've already got the lyrics rolling around in my head.....

You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't piss into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger......

Can anyone finish it????.......

Deep VI
08-07-2008, 01:17
Let 'er fly off the back! Watch out that you're not peeing in your hood. It's natural urinal.

Plug
08-08-2008, 00:25
If the boat has a head use it - please

Brendan

sravin1
08-08-2008, 09:15

i agree...

crgjpg
08-08-2008, 10:47
Generally I would pee off the back of the boat. Of course if it is rough or mixed crowd, I probably would use the head.

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
08-08-2008, 11:29
I've done both of the above, but how about a neither choice?

If the seas aren't too big, I jump off the boat with my wet suit half-on. People in their drysuits with p-valves will stand on the ladder with lower half in the water. Some people just go in their wetsuits.

bubble-head
08-31-2008, 19:14
A funny thing happened one time when fishing. My friend's dad decided to pee off the back of my buddy's boat while fishing next to a bridge one evening. He must have forgotten about all of the overhead traffic until cars started honking at him and yelling as they went by. It was classic!

Joe_Tucker
09-01-2008, 20:32
When I was little my uncle trained my cousins to ask him if the water was cold when we went off the back of the boat. He would say - "yeah and it's deep too."

mrbheagney
09-04-2008, 00:36
It's gonna be pumped into the water sooner or later and I hate the small toilets and the pee covered floor that is normally down there.

drako
09-04-2008, 01:17
Eh I go in the water....but I rarely wear a wetsuit.

Kellygirl59
03-28-2015, 18:26
We had a 18 foot Starcraft. Since there wasn't a toilet on it peeing over the side was the only choice. You can't be bashful on a small boat if you have to pee
When I had to pee I got my TP then went to the side of the boat and pushed my jeans/shorts and panties to my knees. I then sat on the back of my legs on the side so my rear was over the water
I then peed. finished I wiped and tossed my TP in the water. As I stood up I pulled my panties up followed by my juans/shorts
Be sure to hold on to the boat so you wont fall out if the boat rocks

Zeagle Eagle
03-29-2015, 18:06
Holy thread resurrection Kellygirl. The last comment of this thread was in Sep of 2008. I thought it had died. :smiley32:

mark durshimer
04-22-2015, 08:57
If I may...KellyGirl59, I know people have to do what they have to do, but instead of throwing toilet tissue in the ocean, bring a plastic bag and put your toilet paper in it. Better for the sea environment. No disrespect and not trolling, I am a Boy Scout leader and we train our boys to "Leave no trace".

Zeagle Eagle
04-22-2015, 16:50
With all due respect Mark. Most toilet paper won't last a day. It is super bio degradable. It would be way better to "feed the fish" than bring another plastic bag into the world. I too am a Scout Master (ret) and practice "leave no trace". Toilet paper in fresh or salt water won't last but a couple of hours. Buy it in white, and unscented, avoid dyes and perfumes. Kleenex Cottonelle starts breaking down the minute it hits the water.