PDA

View Full Version : Reflections

JugglingMonkeys
08-05-2007, 18:32
With some thoughtful responses, these questions could produce some stuff that is both interesting and informative:

1. What was your "best" dive ever and why?

2. What was your "worst" dive every and why?

paintballindivr
08-05-2007, 19:23
1. west palm beach with john abernathy cuase vis was top to bottom and the atmosphere was so stress free on the boat

2. key west (dont remeber charter) but the vis was HORRIBLE less than 10 ft

Vercingetorix
08-05-2007, 22:02
2. key west (dont remember charter) but the vis was HORRIBLE less than 10 ftOh, man...you gotta do some Texas lake diving!!! If you can see your fin, THAT'S GREAT VIZ.

94GTStang
08-05-2007, 22:19
2. key west (dont remember charter) but the vis was HORRIBLE less than 10 ftOh, man...you gotta do some Texas lake diving!!! If you can see your fin, THAT'S GREAT VIZ.

hahaha... I hear ya.

Best dive... Cedral wall in Cozumel. Proposed to my girl on that dive
Worst dive... Cedral wall in Cozumel. My camera wouldn't turn on during the dive so I didn't get any pics of the proposal

:(

Dive-aholic
08-05-2007, 22:23
Best dive would have to be some of the cave dives I've done. I just can't pin it down on one!

Worst dive? Is there such a thing as a bad dive?!?!?

BTW, 10' visibility is pretty decent considering what I'm used to in Arizona. I can't wait to get to 200' visibility Florida!

dallasdivergirl
08-05-2007, 23:11
best dive the aquarium drift on the way back from the blue hole. the number of fish, the kinds of fish, and the coral was just amazing.

worst dive the one where my mask would not.quit.flooding and the one i was convinced i was a 4 lb diver. i am a 6 lb diver & i fought to stay down due to my own pig headedness.

picxie
08-06-2007, 01:20
My worst dive was at White Island earlier this year. I was horribly sea sick (the first time I've physically been ill on a boat) and was not well out of the water or in the water. I had to cancel the second dive of the day because I was too busy chucking :smiley11: over the side of the boat. I was so disappointed but knew it would be a waste of time going in the water, the first dive was horrible as I was too ill. Couldn't wait for it to be over and in hindsight, I should have called it quits early.

My best dive was the following dive. Still at White Island, a location called Spanish Arch. WOW! :smiley20: The best dive ever. After the day before I was nearly ready to call it quits for the weekend and was very apprehensive about going out. But I was fine, and the dive was fantastic. The fish life was just incredible. Vis was great and the day was beautiful. :smiley20:

rainmaker
08-06-2007, 08:12
Best dive was in Cozumel. Current was ripping, and was taking us right down the edge of a reef / wall, with beautiful coral and hundreds of fish on the right, and a 3,000 ft. deep-blue abyss on the left. Viz was great and water was warm, and the sense of effortless flying was the stuff that dreams are made of.

Worst dive was the Duane wreck in Florida Keys. Viz was bad, and current almost blew me off the wreck. Then (at a depth of 105 feet) I had problems getting my "insta-buddy" turned around and headed toward the surface. I got back to the boat with 500 psi, he had 400 psi (too close for comfort).

georoc01
08-06-2007, 08:38
Well, as a newbie to the sport, my best dive was probably down at Anthony's Key. The colors down there just seemed so vibrant!

As far as a worst dive, I think the first dive I did in a local resevoir (chatfield) was pretty bad. Visibility was near zero and my first time diving in those conditions. We all dropped down and my buddy made one fin kick and was gone!

BSea
08-06-2007, 08:45
I can't thin of any 1 dive as my best dive. I think if I had to pick 1 would be 1 I had on the Spiegle Grove this summer when the vis was 100+ & no current.

My worst was when I was on a trip & we got some bad air. I was on a shallow dive & was sick the entire dive. I came up took off my gear & promptly threw up. I thought I was sea sick till about 4 others had the same problem. Then the tanks were bled, and every tank smelled bad. However, I did see my 1st shark (that wasn't a nurse shark) on that dive, so it wasn't all bad.

torrey
08-06-2007, 10:18
best - my first blue-water dive - Cozumel, San Francisco Reef. That's what made me really appreciate what diving has to offer.

worst - lake at Tyler State Park (TX) - bad viz and a serious thermocline at only 12 feet, coupled with pretty much nothing to see.

ScubaToys Larry
08-06-2007, 10:20
I once heard a line... diving is like pizza or sex.

There's good pizza, there's bad pizza... but even bad pizza ain't that bad!

ertechsg
08-06-2007, 10:26

Thats not the way I heard it BUT keep it G rated good job Larry:smiley35:

tbush
08-06-2007, 11:02
best Big lake Ak. snow & glatier fed, cold but gerat fresh water vis.
worst

Black-Gorrilla
08-06-2007, 13:50

that blows

Dive-aholic
08-06-2007, 23:09

I'll agree with the other analogy :D , but the pizza one...hmmmmm...I've had bad pizza and it was pretty bad.