PDA

View Full Version : Fastest to reach 250

Scotttyd
05-14-2008, 22:02
I wonder what was the fastest anyone reached 250 posts?

DOWNDEEP73
05-14-2008, 22:19
I wonder what was the fastest anyone reached 250 posts?
I'm sure it will end up being you.... with an average of 71.80 post per day!

FishFood
05-14-2008, 22:32
You're an insult to anybody who has made a contribution to the board in effort to get the $50 gift cert.

I don't like feeding trolls, but sometimes I can't help it.

Scotttyd
05-14-2008, 22:45
You're an insult to anybody who has made a contribution to the board in effort to get the $50 gift cert.

I just finished up 24 hours at work over 2 days and was bored out of my mind and was just enjoying the conversation and commenting on the board. Most of my posts had a reason, I am sure it will be a long time before I reach 250 posts and I actually will have a life for the next several months as these past two days were an aberation. It is all in good fun, no need to call names. Like I mention in the whole scheme of things $50 is a drop in the bucket compared to what I have spent on scuba equipment and trips over the past year. Do not turn this board into arguing like they did at scubaboard. I will talk to you all again in a week or so,

peace

DOWNDEEP73
05-14-2008, 22:51

Take it easy on him.
Let him get his 250 so he will slow down.

Scotttyd
05-14-2008, 23:12

Take it easy on him.
Let him get his 250 so he will slow down.

thanks - since you have had 44 posts in the last two days:smiley20:

aaronle06
05-15-2008, 02:37
i wouldn't thhink that joe/larry would have a module for a timeline on post rank thingies that show how long it too to post X amount of post in Y amount of time

Lone Frogman
05-15-2008, 05:30
I don't think I'll ever make it to 250. Diving is a lot more fun.

ratown
05-15-2008, 08:40
I think it depends on where you are in your diving. If you are new, you have tons of questions so you engage a lot more on the forum, and if you are really experienced you can share tons of your knowledge to everyone else, hence posting a lot.

lisacay
05-15-2008, 09:29
what does it even matter who gets there first? who cares if they are posting crap or not? It isn't your money. chill, it isn't a big deal.

mwhities
05-15-2008, 09:33
Uhm, what post am I at? I gave away my 10 and 50 gc.. Maybe all of you that get to 250 posts should do the same. To a family member (to buy themselves gear, not you) or a friend or even a complete stranger. Tell the stranger to join ScubaToys forum and get another 60 for 250 posts.. or pay it forward.

Michael

ratown
05-15-2008, 09:35
Uhm, what post am I at? I gave away my 10 and 50 gc.. Maybe all of you that get to 250 posts should do the same. To a family member (to buy themselves gear, not you) or a friend or even a complete stranger. Tell the stranger to join ScubaToys forum and get another 60 for 250 posts.. or pay it forward.

Michael

I was seriously considering using mine for Father's Day. Not like I am trying to get some applause, I just thought it was funny that you said that.

Charles R
05-15-2008, 09:40
Here is my 2psi as long as the posts are of substance and add to the overall feeling we are tring to create then who cares how fast someone posts! If you have nothing better to do all day cause there is snow on the graound and the lakes are frozen then post away.

mwhities
05-15-2008, 09:44
Here is my 2psi as long as the posts are of substance and add to the overall feeling we are tring to create then who cares how fast someone posts! If you have nothing better to do all day cause there is snow on the graound and the lakes are frozen then post away.

What?!!??

Frozen lakes? Ice diving bud! Come on! that's NO excuse. ;)

Michael

mwhities
05-15-2008, 09:45

Michael

I was seriously considering using mine for Father's Day. Not like I am trying to get some applause, I just thought it was funny that you said that.

Very cool. I am a father, not yours but, the person doesn't have to be yours. ;)

(I still need some stainless clips and double enders. :P)

Michael

Charles R
05-15-2008, 09:47

What?!!??

Michael

Some people are cold water whimps. Me i only dive dry so bring on the cold. I was just telling will I got some funny looks in Kona when I pulled out my drysuit.

DougNR
05-15-2008, 11:07

I'm with Frogman. In fact I think I probably will take the record for the longest time taken to 250!

DiveSooner
05-15-2008, 11:13
Larry has final say.

Besides, one great thing about this forum, is that everyone is friendly!!

Also, Scotttyd(doesn't know). "song from Eurotrip - Scotty Doesn't know!" dont think Larry/mods would approve the youtube posted here, but you can google it.

elijahb
05-15-2008, 13:45

What?!!??

Michael

Some people are cold water whimps. Me i only dive dry so bring on the cold. I was just telling will I got some funny looks in Kona when I pulled out my drysuit.

why won't you dive wet? in warm water

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
05-15-2008, 18:10
My last 30 dives have been dry. I'm not sure I remember how to use a wet suit ;) BTW, DUI sells "tropical" drysuits with ankle seals. I can think of no good reason to ever dive wet again.

Geoff_T
05-15-2008, 18:14

Michael

yeah I was thinking of giving mine when I get the 50 to my wife for ow training. I think the major thin holding her back is price, we are both known to be a little stingy after all.

huvrr
05-15-2008, 18:28
I'm pedaling as fast as I can

scubasamurai
05-15-2008, 18:57
My last 30 dives have been dry. I'm not sure I remember how to use a wet suit ;) BTW, DUI sells "tropical" drysuits with ankle seals. I can think of no good reason to ever dive wet again.

one of my dive buddies down in belize was talking about those tropical dry suits. says he can't stand the smell or feel of neoprene?? didn't ask but he was looking at those suits, to me , i would just get all steamed up, i mean the best part of diving is going to warm water locations and swimming nude, oh wait sorry wrong forum:smiley5:

Beaucoupfishies
05-15-2008, 19:24

Ouch! I love it!

Charles R
05-15-2008, 19:29

What?!!??

Michael

Some people are cold water wimps. Me i only dive dry so bring on the cold. I was just telling will I got some funny looks in Kona when I pulled out my dry suit.

why won't you dive wet? in warm water

I don't consider 72 warm water. That is just me. Also if I always keep my gear configuration the same I can keep up on all of the skills.:smiley20:

Charles R
05-15-2008, 19:30

See there are alot of us that all see it the same way!

buddhasummer
05-15-2008, 19:35
Larry has final say.

Besides, one great thing about this forum, is that everyone is friendly!!

Also, Scotttyd(doesn't know). "song from Eurotrip - Scotty Doesn't know!" dont think Larry/mods would approve the youtube posted here, but you can google it.

I agree about the friendly bit, when I read post #3 of this thread I honestly scrolled up and checked what forum I was on as thats the first time ive seen a reply that here:smiley13: The OP started this thread for fun so no problem eh its not hurting anyone, s'all good:smiley20: Oh and now Im one post closer to 250:smiley36:

FishFood
05-15-2008, 20:10
Please look at his previous posts before judging me. Thank you :)

Splitlip
05-15-2008, 21:16

I just finished up 24 hours at work over 2 days and was bored out of my mind and was just enjoying the conversation and commenting on the board. Most of my posts had a reason, I am sure it will be a long time before I reach 250 posts and I actually will have a life for the next several months as these past two days were an aberation. It is all in good fun, no need to call names. Like I mention in the whole scheme of things $50 is a drop in the bucket compared to what I have spent on scuba equipment and trips over the past year. Do not turn this board into arguing like they did at scubaboard. I will talk to you all again in a week or so,

peace

No worries Scotty. ST made a business decision and put the offer out there. Many here have stated they came for the $, and then stayed. In the ST business plan I would imagine, you will continue to partcipate and likely continue to purchase from them. And certainly you will contribute to the forum.

DOWNDEEP73
05-15-2008, 21:37
I average about 5 post a day.....so I have about a month left till 250.
I am not planning on buying anything at this point, but a month from now will probably be a differant story.

huvrr
05-17-2008, 09:34
at 20 cents per post my wife says I am waisting my time here (250 posts x .20 = $50). I say I am a serious student of scuba and a DIY er and am learning a lot and sometimes have something worthwhile to offer. Besides this is a freindly place to hang out and I can't wait to spend more money at ST. You never have enough gear.

Babster
05-17-2008, 09:55
Exactly. I'm reading through all of the posts and learning a ton.

I'm not exactly rocketing towards 250. I usually only reply when I feel I actually have something to contribute to a thread. I'll get there eventually. I have over 3,000 posts on other forums, so it's not like I need to put notches in my mouse cord or anything. :smiley36:

ratown
05-17-2008, 16:37
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy. two fittyyyyyyyyyy.

DOWNDEEP73
05-17-2008, 16:57
Good job! Do you want to donate the GC to a good cause?
Maybe the Oklahoma Spearfishing Foundation?

Scotttyd
05-17-2008, 18:08
under 1 month, impressive:smiley20:

ratown
05-17-2008, 18:59
under 1 month, impressive:smiley20:

Ya, it has been a great month. I got certified, and bought all of my gear and I really couldn't be where I am today without the forum. I especially thank some of the senior members who have really helped me out. Now I am not saying the forum is the only way I would ever learn anything about diving; it just sped up the process!

Goober
05-18-2008, 17:58
The quickest way to 250.....well that is easy...

Find you a hole that is at least 251. Weight yourself EXTREAMLY negative. Possibly even consider a large boulder tied to the dump valve of your BC. I'll bet dollars to pesos you'll get there quicker than anyone.:smilie40:

Scotttyd
05-19-2008, 15:45

Find you a hole that is at least 251. Weight yourself EXTREAMLY negative. Possibly even consider a large boulder tied to the dump valve of your BC. I'll bet dollars to pesos you'll get there quicker than anyone.:smilie40:
now that is just harsh

ndv21
05-21-2008, 11:14

now that is just harsh

I LOVE IT!

Jack Hammer
05-21-2008, 11:56
Not to sound ignorant, but how does the 250 post deal work? What is the 10$ gc for?

I don't recall reading any info on it when I joined here and just saw it in this thread.

Jack

ratown
05-21-2008, 12:14
10 posts gives you a $10 gift certificate and 250 posts gives you $50. You always get 10% off for being a forum member. When you reach these numbers, you PM Joe and he sends you a gift certificate number.

Jack Hammer
05-22-2008, 01:30
10 posts gives you a $10 gift certificate and 250 posts gives you $50. You always get 10% off for being a forum member. When you reach these numbers, you PM Joe and he sends you a gift certificate number.
Cool, thanks. Wish I'd known that when I ordered my drysuit from ST last week. It's ok, because I got a 10% discount for being a Scubaboard member. But another $10 would be that much nicer. I'll use it for something else.

Jack

elijahb
05-23-2008, 19:27
The gift certificate is a good way for them to say thanks

EuphoriaII
05-24-2008, 22:19
Cool, thanks. Wish I'd known that when I ordered my drysuit from ST last week. It's ok, because I got a 10% discount for being a Scubaboard member. But another $10 would be that much nicer. I'll use it for something else.

Jack
There is ALWAYS something else you need. You just haven't identified it yet.

DOWNDEEP73
05-24-2008, 22:28
Guess I will be 250 in a day or so.....but have no idea what to do with the GC. Something will pop up....I'm sure.

rawalker
05-25-2008, 00:42
You can always donate it to someone more needy! :)

Jack Hammer
05-25-2008, 05:11

Jack
Identifying it isn't a problem for me. It's coming up with the cash to pay for all the things I've already identified that's the problem.:smiley5:

Jack

DOWNDEEP73
05-25-2008, 15:13
250.......One month to the day.

RnSdiver
05-25-2008, 16:28
250 is still a long ways for me, too busy working, IE driving a semi and posting at the same time will cut waaay down on my water time. :smiley18:

Scotttyd
05-26-2008, 12:29

Jack
Identifying it isn't a problem for me. It's coming up with the cash to pay for all the things I've already identified that's the problem.:smiley5:

Jack

you can always sell your plasma.

FishFood
05-26-2008, 12:30
250 is still a long ways for me, too busy working, IE driving a semi and posting at the same time will cut waaay down on my water time. :smiley18:

Is that safe? :smiley2: