PDA

View Full Version : Cressi EDY vs. Oceanic Atom2

Black-Gorrilla
08-05-2007, 20:57
anyone use the EDY? how is it? is it friendly to use? is it too conservative?
i know the atom is AI, but im wondering about the EDY for a possible price diff. (how much is it BTW?)

thanks all in advanced

Vie
08-05-2007, 21:19
The Edy is a Seiko dive computer (made for Cressi) - it's very similar/identical to the Scubapro Xtender.

Xtender RSP is $546, so Edy is probably priced in the same range.

Black-Gorrilla
08-05-2007, 22:34
for that i'll splurge a bit and end up with the atom2 minus the transmitter...
seems to be such a well liked computer (atom)... so thats that.
thanks.

Judestudio
08-06-2007, 00:46
anyone use the EDY? how is it? is it friendly to use? is it too conservative?
i know the atom is AI, but im wondering about the EDY for a possible price diff. (how much is it BTW?)
Before I bought my Atom 2.0, I also looked at both Xtender and Edy.

ST lists Atom 2.0 at $630, the price includes PC download software and transfer cable. With 10% discount, that comes to $567. Oceanic gives out free parts for life.

I know of a place who's selling Edy at around $380, that's just that watch though. You need to add $115 for the software, that makes a total of $495. Though ST will be able to price match that, I'm not sure if you can get further discount for it. Cressi-Sub has ONE year warranty from date of purchase.

You can get the Xtender at similar price to the Edy from grey-market dealers. But then you lose the lifetime warranty on it.... If you get it at full price, it's about $550 without software and PC transfer kit.

They all have similar basic functions, nitrox compatible, depth, temp., watch functions etc.. For me, I've decided to get the Atom 2.0 coz of the flexibility of up to 3 AI transmitters (I got the complete package with 1 transmitter), buddy check (very cool!), and most of all, lifetime parts warranty!

Hope this helps.

Black-Gorrilla
08-06-2007, 13:04
i think i'll save up a bit, and buy the Atom as well.
thanks Judestudio