PDA

View Full Version : Jim Haigh Memorial Dive 7/20/08

DOWNDEEP73
05-17-2008, 17:13
Anyone planning on attending the Memorial Dive on JUly 20th, 2008?
Who was there last year and what was it like? Crowded? lots of vendors? enjoyable? pain in the #ss?
Home - Haigh Quarry - The Place for Scuba Diving in Northern Illinois (http://www.haighquarry.com/)

DOWNDEEP73
05-20-2008, 15:05
Anyone planning on attending the Memorial Dive on JUly 20th, 2008?
Who was there last year and what was it like? Crowded? lots of vendors? enjoyable? pain in the #ss?
Home - Haigh Quarry - The Place for Scuba Diving in Northern Illinois (http://www.haighquarry.com/)
Well......It does not seem like anyone attended the memorial dive last year. So it seems that I should have the place all to myself?
Thanks Guys for your input!

DarinMartell
05-20-2008, 15:31
I can't make it since I work on Sundays but if you come in town early or stay late and are around on a Thursday or Friday I would be up for some diving.

DOWNDEEP73
05-20-2008, 16:00
I can't make it since I work on Sundays but if you come in town early or stay late and are around on a Thursday or Friday I would be up for some diving.
I appreciate the offer, but I only have that one day. Already made the flight reservation with American and they will charge me $100 to change + whatever differance in flight. I will be back in september though and I'll make it for a full weekend!
Thanks!

coyote
05-20-2008, 18:15
It's crowded, noisy and packed full of people. That being said, if I wasn't going away for work that week, I'd do it again this year. :smiley20:

DOWNDEEP73
05-20-2008, 18:17
Is it hard to get any dives in?
Thanks!

coyote
05-20-2008, 18:29
Thanks!

I didn't have any problems. Last year I got three in, my buddy got four. I just ate too much during the last surface interval to make the last dive.:smilie40:

It was a good time.

In the shallow part of the quarry you can see entire (schools? pods? herds? classes?) of divers. But further out things get less crowded.

DOWNDEEP73
05-20-2008, 18:36
Thanks!

I didn't have any problems. Last year I got three in, my buddy got four. I just ate too much during the last surface interval to make the last dive.:smilie40:

It was a good time.

In the shallow part of the quarry you can see entire (schools? pods? herds? classes?) of divers. But further out things get less crowded.
Thanks for your input!
Sounds like it should be fun!