PDA

View Full Version : For you guitar players--My new toy!

moosicman
05-17-2008, 23:28
http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/files/1/6/3/2/lean_gtr_thumb.jpg (http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1657&c=newimages)

Post a photo of yours!!:ylsuper::ylsuper:

DivingCRNA
05-18-2008, 08:16
No way am I gonna post a pic of my indonesian Squire Stratocaster and Rogue acoustic after that.... LOL

Nice axe, btw

Beaucoupfishies
05-18-2008, 08:50
If it makes you feel any better, the only one I have is made of plastic and says "Harmonix" on the side. :P

I grew up on brass, it's not my fault!

IrishSquid
05-18-2008, 11:22

Marcus
05-18-2008, 11:30
I can't play all that well, but I'll post a picture of my 1993 Les Paul Studio Lite as soon as I can. Apparently there are a lot of people trying to get their hands on these, as they have great Les Paul sound with much less weight.

moosicman
05-18-2008, 11:53
sweet axes!

mm2002
05-18-2008, 15:22
Sweet axe! What is it?
here's the most recent pic I have of mine, but I've gradually been selling down. I had about 40+ in my collection at one time, but I finally woke up and realized how stupid that was.

http://www.mm-restoration.com/scuba/groupshot1.jpg

DOWNDEEP73
05-18-2008, 15:46
Nice Axe!
I like this one too!

DivingCRNA
05-18-2008, 18:36
Nice Axe!
I like this one too!

Is there a guitar in that pic???:smiley32::smilie39:

ratown
05-18-2008, 18:37
She looks like a zombie. I don't have any pictures, but I play a Fender Strat, white with black pickguard, through a 1963 reissue Fender Vibroverb. I also have a Martin Acoustic, not sure of the model.

moosicman
05-18-2008, 21:03
I play a Fender Strat, white with black pickguard, through a 1963 reissue Fender Vibroverb.

Sounds like a Jake E. Lee GTR. I actually LOVE the way a white Strat w/ a black pick guard looks. VERY cool!

DOWNDEEP73
05-18-2008, 21:09
She looks like a zombie. I don't have any pictures, but I play a Fender Strat, white with black pickguard, through a 1963 reissue Fender Vibroverb. I also have a Martin Acoustic, not sure of the model.
Why you gotta call my wife a zombie?

moosicman
05-18-2008, 21:11
Sweet axe! What is it?
here's the most recent pic I have of mine, but I've gradually been selling down. I had about 40+ in my collection at one time, but I finally woke up and realized how stupid that was.

It is a Scheter Tempest Custom. I doth love it! And dude, that is not stupid!!! That is like, HEAVEN. I do like your collection. Day-glow is my fav. color for a guitar. So Racer-X. I love the flaming Jackson you have and the Charvel w/ crackle paint. I had a Charvel Model 6 in about 1987 or so. I loved and hated that guitar. There was a CONSISTANT problem in the volume knob/pot. I could never play Cathedral w/ the knob because I got that staticy CRRREEKKKKK sound. So I usually played my VERY first guitar. It was a white Strat copy w/ black pick guard as mentioned above and came from Sears for 99 bucks. When I got my Charvel I stripped the Strat copy and traced and painted it to look exactly like George Lynch's tiger striped GTR. It looked WAY cool and played circles around the Model 6, due to the constant problems and erroneous tuning that came with the floating trem system. If I can find a photo of it I will post it here!

ratown
05-18-2008, 21:11
I play a Fender Strat, white with black pickguard, through a 1963 reissue Fender Vibroverb.

Sounds like a Jake E. Lee GTR. I actually LOVE the way a white Strat w/ a black pick guard looks. VERY cool!

Ya, it is, but I don't shred like that...lol Mine has a maple neck too so it's a tad different.

mm2002
05-20-2008, 09:47
Sweet axe! What is it?

It is a Scheter Tempest Custom. I doth love it! And dude, that is not stupid!!! That is like, HEAVEN. I do like your collection. Day-glow is my fav. color for a guitar. So Racer-X. I love the flaming Jackson you have and the Charvel w/ crackle paint. I had a Charvel Model 6 in about 1987 or so. I loved and hated that guitar. There was a CONSISTANT problem in the volume knob/pot. I could never play Cathedral w/ the knob because I got that staticy CRRREEKKKKK sound. So I usually played my VERY first guitar. It was a white Strat copy w/ black pick guard as mentioned above and came from Sears for 99 bucks. When I got my Charvel I stripped the Strat copy and traced and painted it to look exactly like George Lynch's tiger striped GTR. It looked WAY cool and played circles around the Model 6, due to the constant problems and erroneous tuning that came with the floating trem system. If I can find a photo of it I will post it here!

I had Schector Bass and loved it! They make nice axes for sure. I dig the Tempest.
I've had a few model 6's, and soloists, but really I just don't like neck thru guitars. Of all the guitars I've played, my all time favorite is the Washburn N4. That's the best sounding, most comfortable guitar I've ever put in my hands. The chunky neck was tough to get used to at first, but after a while, I couldn't play those thin Jackson profiles any more.

huvrr
05-20-2008, 10:43
Nice Axe!
I like this one too!
This gets my vote too.

RnSdiver
05-20-2008, 11:30
I only have two guitars, 2006 Jimmy Vaungh Strat, and a 1977 Gibson Les Paul Custom. :) I have Four tube amps, two of which i built. Ampeg V4 aka The Beast, 120 watts 68# head, and a heavy Modified Fender Champ 12 watts. My first Tube build was a Ampeg SB-12 30 watt curcuit, then a nice 20 Watt one with a British feel to the tone. I have a sound file of that one floating around some where. I have few more amps I need to get around to finish building.

I love High Voltage

moosicman
05-20-2008, 15:20
I only have two guitars, 2006 Jimmy Vaungh Strat, and a 1977 Gibson Les Paul Custom. :) I have Four tube amps, two of which i built.

I love High Voltage

SWEET on the built stuff...wish I could hear them!:smiley20:

mm2002
05-20-2008, 15:47
I only have two guitars, 2006 Jimmy Vaungh Strat, and a 1977 Gibson Les Paul Custom. :) I have Four tube amps, two of which i built.

I love High Voltage

Those Vaughan strats are sweet, and I love the tex mex pups in any strat. Jimmy is kind of a legacy to his brother, but still not the same caliber.

harb99
05-20-2008, 16:04
if I was buying it would have to be a wall hanger since I do not play, so I would lean towards one of these

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/3/6/0/487360.jpg

RnSdiver
05-21-2008, 02:47

I love High Voltage

Those Vaughan strats are sweet, and I love the tex mex pups in any strat. Jimmy is kind of a legacy to his brother, but still not the same caliber.

I find myself playing the Strat a lot more than the Les Paul lately the neck fits my hand better and it is 1/2 the weight of the Custom 15#

bassplayer
05-22-2008, 11:59
http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/files/1/6/3/2/lean_gtr_thumb.jpg (http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1657&c=newimages)

Post a photo of yours!!:ylsuper::ylsuper:

Nice..but too many strings lol

ScottZeagle
05-22-2008, 12:35
I have had and sold too many guitars to mention over the last 20 years...and I still can't play worth a crap.

I currently only own a Takamine acoustic, which is collecting dust in the closet....

:(

Bigg_Budd
05-22-2008, 12:36
Why you gotta call my wife a zombie?

Ouch...

I have a Martin Acoustic and a Fender strat. Oh yeah, and a crappy Ibanez acoustic that I learned on...