PDA

View Full Version : Body found in Lake Pleasant, AZ

Dive-aholic
08-05-2007, 23:03
http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/0805lakebody-CP.html

Body recovered from Lake Pleasant, believed to be missing boater
The Associated Press
Aug. 5, 2007 03:39 PM

PHOENIX - A body was recovered Saturday from Lake Pleasant and authorities believed it was that of a 29-year-old man missing for nearly five months.

A boater spotted the body floating in the water and notified the Maricopa County Sheriff's Department, which had its divers recover it.

Sheriff's spokesman Capt. Paul Chagolla said authorities believe the body is Gilbert Aldana, who was reported missing on March 11 while boating and water skiing on the lake. Aldana was a cage fighter from Chandler who went by the nickname “El Peligroso,” the dangerous one.

Aldana worked as a sales manager for Valley Protective Services, a Tempe firm that provides crowd control at Rage in the Cage and other events. Cage fighting combines several forms of martial arts with wrestling, boxing and kickboxing.

He was presumed drowned in March and Chagolla said deputies anticipated the body would surface in the summer when the lake's water turned warm.

Chagolla said the body was taken to the county Medical Examiner's Office to confirm the identity and make a final determination on the cause of death. Kerry Fehr-Snyder contributed to this report.

Cheddarchick
08-06-2007, 05:45
Yikes.....
Poor guy, but great relief for the family......Our prayers are with them

Cichlid
08-06-2007, 21:37
Kind of creepy that there was a body in the lake for 5 months while people still boated, swam, and dived...ewww. At least his family has closure now...thoughts and prayers as always.

Dive-aholic
08-06-2007, 23:27
Hate to break it to you, but there are at least 2 more bodies in that lake that have never been recovered. They've been there for a few years.

DirtyWaterIL
08-07-2007, 00:33
Kind of creepy that there was a body in the lake for 5 months while people still boated, swam, and dived...ewww. At least his family has closure now...thoughts and prayers as always.

Just imagine the ocean.....

thesmoothdome
08-07-2007, 01:48
Damn, I remember hearing about Aldana's death. Sad. If I remember right, he was trying to grab his shirt which had fallen into the water. I don't know why he wasn't able to tread water until he could be picked up though. I had no idea that they never recovered his body until now.

Dive-aholic
08-07-2007, 02:24
The water at that time was in the low 50s, on the surface. Just the shock of hitting that with no wet suit on was probably enough to make him go under.

tx.lakerat
08-07-2007, 15:31
prayers to the family.....