PDA

View Full Version : looking for dog friendly dive sites

Geoff_T
05-18-2008, 20:44
Since I am new to DFW I am wondering are there any dog friendly dive locations in the area. I would love for my wife and dog to be able to come and camp with me next time I go diving.

texdiveguy
05-18-2008, 20:48
Leave the dog at home! But welcome to Texas you and yours. :)

DOWNDEEP73
05-18-2008, 21:53
Most lakes (in oklahoma) will allow dogs......they just need to be on a leash!

FishFood
05-18-2008, 21:56

Ive heard the same goes for wives...

DivingCRNA
05-18-2008, 22:16

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:
:smilie40:

dallasdivergirl
05-19-2008, 09:12
Lake Murray and Texoma should allow dogs.

JIverson
05-27-2008, 23:10
Athens is dog-friendly, we have taken ours out there several times now. CSSP is not pet friendly though they do let their own dog roam the lake at will. To each his own, for what it's worth.

diver 85
07-09-2008, 23:35
Since I am new to DFW I am wondering are there any dog friendly dive locations in the area. I would love for my wife and dog to be able to come and camp with me next time I go diving.

Dang, your dog is certified too???..that's cool.......

oddbod
07-10-2008, 08:01
Anywhere there are Bull Sharks around I hear they love dog:smiley19:

Geoff_T
07-11-2008, 02:36

Considering mine was bred to hunt lions I am not sure if I could trust him in the surf with sharks.

oddbod
07-11-2008, 08:12

Considering mine was bred to hunt lions I am not sure if I could trust him in the surf with sharks.

I think it may be a one sided fight, and not in favour of your pooch!:smiley19: I am told you don't see the one that gets you!:smiley21:

Coaster
07-29-2008, 12:42
Have any luck finding a dog friendly dive site?

waytooslow
07-29-2008, 13:10

Ridgeback? or other?

Leave em at home. CSSP does have some wandering dogs, a few curs that roam around so don't leave food out. not sure I would want to be in the lake leaving fluffy by themselves an now fighting with locals.

Oh an welcome to Tejas.

TxScubaBear
07-29-2008, 18:49

yer so bad.....

chace_nicole
07-29-2008, 19:12

Now thats just plain wrong