PDA

View Full Version : Good Rescue Diver first aid kit

huvrr
05-18-2008, 22:19
Anyone have a suggestion on a good first aid kit other than the DAN kits?

PlatypusMan
05-19-2008, 07:22
Anyone have a suggestion on a good first aid kit other than the DAN kits?

Try here:

Search Results - Galls (http://galls.com/easearchresult.html?question=Medical%20Supplies&searchaction=1&path=All%20Products%2F%2F%2F%2FUserSearch%3DAll%20 Products%20%3B%3B%20Venture%5Fid%3D503185)

PPM

RikRaeder
05-19-2008, 07:31
Why not build your own? Like a review in a box.

PlatypusMan
05-19-2008, 07:58
Why not build your own? Like a review in a box.

While you make a good point--and I have known folks who do just that sort of 'build it from scratch'--for me it comes down to time and money; it's just easier to get a pre-packed kit with all the stuff I want (and requires minimal add-iins to complete/customize) than to hunt down the best prices on individual items.

PPM

huvrr
05-19-2008, 22:55
thanks p-puss that is a good link.

PlatypusMan
05-20-2008, 11:00
thanks p-puss that is a good link.

You're welcome.

FWIW, I ordered the O2/Trauma combo bag from them; should arrive at the end of the week.

Now if I can just get my mother well enough that I can go diving again...:smiley5:

PPM

longtailbda
06-09-2008, 19:02
I'm in the build your own camp. Have put together different kits for different purposes so I all ready have most of the materials on hand.

BuzzGA
06-09-2008, 20:32
I agree with the build your own idea, but the DAN Guardian Plus is a great place to start. I added a few things to ours but overall its a nice kit in a pretty indestructible case

awb
06-09-2008, 21:25
Check out the First Aid kits @ Northern Tool, they come in bag form. They also sale CPR dummies and back boards.

scubasamurai
06-09-2008, 22:05
i went to the local flea market and picked up an old medic bag form a military store. than i stocked with stuff i would actually use. most of these prefab kits have burn lotion ( never never never use) some weird cream . suntan lotion, and other useless stuff.
make sure your kit has
gloves, cpr mask large big butt bandages ( in a panic you grab the largest thing you see) plently of good ole bandaides triangluar bandages. scissors and tape. even a coouple of mustard packets ( you know stings it has vinegar ) razros etc. you get the point. usually comes out chaper than the prefab kits.

mm_dm
06-10-2008, 07:21
I have a friend who goes to Germany every year. Over there, it's a requirement to have a first aid kit in your vehicle and they sell a "state" version for about 10 bucks and he brought a few back. Mostly, it was a huge variety of bandages, wraps, tape, etc, but it gave me a good foundation for a self made kit. The CPR mask is a definite...I like the items scubasamuri mentioned. Here at our local dive sites the two main culprits are fire ant bites and injuries from broken glass (beer bottles). At the coast, we've often used a small shaker of meat tenderizer (contains papaya enzyme, easy transport) on jelly fish stings (got the idea from a nurse).

DevilDiver
06-10-2008, 07:52
This site is worth checking out.... Some of the bags/stat packs are pretty cool. A selection of stretchers and 02 units/regs as well.

http://www.firstaid-supply.com