PDA

View Full Version : Boots for Pinnacle Evolution 2

auburntiger1976
05-19-2008, 14:27
I am considering ordering either the Whites Fusion Tech/MK2 package or the Pinnacle Evolution 2 within the week. I have some questions, however, about the boot option for the Evo 2 (easier to list questions):

1. Does it cost more to go with neoprene socks option, as opposed to the attached rubber boots?

2. Besides having less floaty feet with neoprene socks/rock boot option, any other advantages that the attached rubber boots have over the neoprene/rock boot option?

3. For those who have the attached rubber boot, did you have to go up a size with your fins? I have a pair of Slipstreams XL and they fit pretty good with a size 10 wetsuit boot with a fairly thick athletic-style rubber sole.

.....now, I need to decide whether to buy the Whites Fusion package or the Pinnacle Evo 2.

Thanks everyone.

ChrisA
05-19-2008, 15:02
I have some questions, however, about the boot option

I would decide based on what you need to walk over. DUI rockboots over socks is the best option if you need to walk on rocks or do a short hike. High top sneakers might work as well and cost less. But if you are only walking a few steps on a boat deck then steping directly into the water socks will do just fine with no boots maybe a little molded rubber sole on the socks will make the socks last longer but crush neoprene even without the rubber bottoms is pretty strong

Once you are in the water. The less between your feet and the fins the beter

Think about your fins too. Lace up overshoes will almost certainly require that you replace your current fins with a large size fin. So the DUI boots plus a fin upsize and a new set of spring straps can add $250 to the cost

We have rocks here, I have the DUI rockboots and like them.

snagel
05-19-2008, 17:32
1. Not sure, I believe as a stock item they come with the boots, but don't take my word on this.

2. I personally like the rubber boots as opposed to the rock boot option. I've tried both and unless the rock boots are sized perfect (for me) they tend to cramp my feet. I tended to have to stuff my foot into a rock boot and at times it hurt my feet. I'm sure this might have been a sizing issue.

3. Not sure if this is a line of bull or not, but this is what Joe told me about the boots (rubber boots) on a Pinnicle Evo 2. Most drysuit manufacturers size the boots taking into consideration that you will be wearing larger socks. So, if you order a size 10 the same as your normal tennis shoes that they will be a little bigger so you can wear larger socks. However, Pinnicle does not do this so you have to size up. I wear a size 10 tennis shoe and when I ordered the Evo 2, Joe suggested I go with a 12 boot. Now that I have it, the 12 is a little big, but works. I'm thinking to add another pair of socks. I probably would have done good in a 11 boot.

S. Nagel

RoyN
05-20-2008, 00:47
The boots on the drysuit will make you have to go up a fin size. But since I already got the jet fins, I decided to go with rock boots anyway.

K9Pig
05-20-2008, 17:15
I am considering ordering either the Whites Fusion Tech/MK2 package or the Pinnacle Evolution 2 within the week. I have some questions, however, about the boot option for the Evo 2 (easier to list questions):

1. Does it cost more to go with neoprene socks option, as opposed to the attached rubber boots?

2. Besides having less floaty feet with neoprene socks/rock boot option, any other advantages that the attached rubber boots have over the neoprene/rock boot option?

3. For those who have the attached rubber boot, did you have to go up a size with your fins? I have a pair of Slipstreams XL and they fit pretty good with a size 10 wetsuit boot with a fairly thick athletic-style rubber sole.

.....now, I need to decide whether to buy the Whites Fusion package or the Pinnacle Evo 2.

Thanks everyone.

I have the EVO 2 with the compressed Neoprene sock which is available at no extra cost. I also have Pinnacle's DS boots that work great a little snug at first but stretched out quite nice. I have never tried the vulcanized rubber attached boots on the EVO 2, only heard that they don't pack very well with the DS. I love the suit and can't offer any opinion on the Whites Fusion, but I've never heard anything bad either.
On the EVO 2 you will probably need to go up a size on the boot/cn socks. I was lucky and everything fit just right for me and didn't have to get bigger fins either. GOOD LUCK!!!

huvrr
05-20-2008, 17:33
as far as size goes I've found that you really need to try them on with what you plan to wear diving.

auburntiger1976
05-20-2008, 20:38
Thanks for the input everyone.

KennyD
05-20-2008, 23:33
I just got my DUI CLX450 S.S. and it didn't come with Rock Boots. DUI said they are on back order until June 27th. and sent me some booties for the time being.
So, I went to my local Foot Locker and bought a pair of Converse "Chuck Taylor" All black high tops. Bought two size bigger and they work great! And even look like rock boots. No cramping or problems at all! And for around $35.