PDA

View Full Version : Are there any legal spearguns for inland waters

huvrr
05-20-2008, 13:10
does anyone have a link to legal spearfishing in the U.S.

MSilvia
05-20-2008, 13:32
you might try spearboard.com

mike_s
05-20-2008, 13:38
does anyone have a link to legal spearfishing in the U.S.

Each states 'fishing' or spearfishing laws are different. There is no "federal US spearfishing law".

You'll need to check the Dept of Conservation or state wildlife agency for each state you want to spearfish in.

Most likely, you'll need a seperate license issued for each state also.

DOWNDEEP73
05-20-2008, 14:44
I only spearfish in Oklahoma and Arkansas..... those states require State fishing licenses for the state you are spearfishing in. Also each state regulates what type, daily limits, seasons for fish you can hunt. Also each lake has differant regulations....so check the state and lake regs. before you hunt!

huvrr
05-20-2008, 20:10
thanks folks. I remember an add for a speargun that was advertised as legal in all 50 states and that got me thinking. I always thought any spearing not done by natives was illegal here in MN.

Crimediver
05-20-2008, 20:16
I only spearfish in Oklahoma and Arkansas..... those states require State fishing licenses for the state you are spearfishing in. Also each state regulates what type, daily limits, seasons for fish you can hunt. Also each lake has differant regulations....so check the state and lake regs. before you hunt!

Oklahoma and Arkansas ? You mean you want to know if you need a "noodling license" don't you?