PDA

View Full Version : small feet

cowgirldiver
05-21-2008, 09:29
Does anyone else out there have small feet? I wear a size 5-5.5 in shoes and it seems like the only fins I can find are basically for kids. Everyone gives me a hard time cause my fins are so short (I don't have a problem getting where I want to go but...)
I have the same problem with shoes of course. Last time I went to look for some new running shoes I asked the shop person what their smallest size was. Of course, it was 6. But of course (they said) I could look in the kids shoes. I of course asked them if they had any that didn't have velcro-I after all know how to tie my shoes....

ratown
05-21-2008, 09:39
I have a friend who is the same way. Her fins seriously look like kids fins; it's funny.

ChrisA
05-21-2008, 10:35
Here are some ideas....

Get a piece of hard rubber and some contact cement and cement the rubber spacer in the bottom of the fin's foot pocket. I know someone who did this to his Scubapro jet so he could use a larger size. He made a 1/4 inch shim.

The other trick is to just ware some neoprene socks and then put high top sneakers over the socks (even if you have to use kids size sneakers) and then even with your small feet you will be using medium size fins. If you have more to spend get the DUI rock boots rather then sneakers. Rockboots go all the way down to men's size 4.

One more Have you tried on Scubapro Jets? They are sized impossably small and an "M" might fit you if you have a wetsut boot. The "M" can ft some one with a men's size 4 shoe size. But be warned Jets are best used by frequent divers with strong legs. They are very stiff and powerful fins. Most women need size "L" The jet-M is quite small. M Size jets are seriously NOT going to look like kids fins.

dallasdivergirl
05-21-2008, 12:12
apollo bio fins do some pretty small sizes as well.

DollFin
05-21-2008, 12:21
My friend Laura has tiny feet too and she wears Mares fulll foot fins with neoprine socks - I can ask her what specific ones she gets if you want.

cowgirldiver
05-21-2008, 12:48
I guess the reality is that I like my fins (they're blue TUSAs-can't everything in the world be blue?) but I'm just tired of everyone making fun of them. Maybe I can be like the guy with "so what if my mask is on my forehead" and say "so what if my fins are little?" As it is, they are longer than my original fins. The guys gave me so much s@*t about those and that I wouldn't be able to pass the out of air ascent from 20 feet (they made me wear someone else's fins). But I'll keep looking every time I'm in a shop for the right fin in the right size at the right price. Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'll look for those.

SkuaSeptember
05-21-2008, 13:20
SP Twin-Jets size small have worked very well for my daughter who wears the same size.

Eurodiver
05-21-2008, 14:00
Ha ha the next time "the guys" make fun of you tell you can put in their #$^ and ask them how small it is then.
I wear kids running shoes too. Only because they are much cuter and cheaper.
When I did my OW Cert it ALWAYS felt like my fin as going to come off.

kayak32
05-21-2008, 15:21
Have you thought about trying booties with larger soles that will take up more room in the fin? My nephew how is 13 and has feet around your size is in the same size fin as I am a MS, I wear a 7.5. He was put in the largest fin he could use so he wont grow out of it too soon. He has no problems with using it at all.

coral cowgirl
05-23-2008, 01:49
Size 6 here....Cressi frogs Extra Small work great.
(Pack good too, there ARE advantages to having small feet.)

Brtobin2578
05-23-2008, 12:22
My gf has small feet also. She wears size 5 - 5.5 in shooes. She also has a hard time. She used Pink Apollo Bio fins size extra small. Her booties are a size 4 which is just a little big on her. Hope that helps.

cowgirldiver
06-04-2008, 12:31
Once again this weekend, I had to hear all the jokes about my small TUSA fins (because of my small foot size). Like "isn't Barbie missing her fins" and "does Ken have a pair to match?" This time, they had to join in about my matching TUSA mask. I'll just tell myself, that they can tell that I have a good sense of humor and can take it.:smiley19:

YellowfinKunkfish
06-04-2008, 13:08
I have fairly small feet, size 6, 6.5. I wear a size 6 Tusa boot, and size small oceanic V-12 splits. I don't know if the fins come in X-small or not, but I haven't ever had anyone make fun of my fins! (they are black) Maybe if you got black fins, they wouldn't notice them so much anymore!

Rhonda:smiley20: