PDA

View Full Version : Bad dealings on E-bay

Mtrewyn
05-21-2008, 18:16
I just had my First bad experience on e-bay.:smiley21:

I just filed a dispute with e-bay/paypal, The seller said they were going to ship my stuff on may 11 and I have yet to here anything else from them.

I sent several e-mails to them, Not mean or harassing or anything else, just asking looking for my stuff, Not a thing in response, they are still selling things, but not responding to my e-mails.

This relay SUC&$ large hairy appendage of 4 legged animals. I am usually a very forgiving person but this is just not right.

Does anyone have any thoughts on things I can do? I don't think negative feedback will make me feel any better, or be warning enough for future buyers. I will wait and see what the outcome is before I do too much, I want to give them a chance, before I crucify them too hard.

(they sell a lot of dive gear :smiley13:)

DollFin
05-21-2008, 18:22

I just filed a dispute with e-bay/paypal, The seller said they were going to ship my stuff on may 11 and I have yet to here anything else from them.

I sent several e-mails to them, Not mean or harassing or anything else, just asking looking for my stuff, Not a thing in response, they are still selling things, but not responding to my e-mails.

This relay SUC&$ large hairy appendage of 4 legged animals. I am usually a very forgiving person but this is just not right.

Does anyone have any thoughts on things I can do? I don't think negative feedback will make me feel any better, or be warning enough for future buyers. I will wait and see what the outcome is before I do too much, I want to give them a chance, before I crucify them too hard.

See what happens with filing your dispute with eBay. Have they given you the seller's direct contact information? If you are not able to resolve things this way and the seller still refuses to contact you, I would not hesitate to leave a negative feedback.

matt151617
05-21-2008, 18:45
Usually the dispute is enough to get their attention. I wouldn't leave feedback until the dispute is resolved... either you get the item, or you get your money back.

comet24
05-21-2008, 18:46
I had a problem with something on ebay in the past. Filled a complaint and it was taken care of right away. May have helped that I had emails back and forth showing the seller was full of crap.

I am currently getting hosed by the USPS for something I sold on ebay. It was shipped from one location on the east coast to another on the east coast. It's in CA now. No explanation just the standard forum response from the USPS.

Mtrewyn
05-21-2008, 19:02
I am currently getting hosed by the USPS for something I sold on ebay. It was shipped from one location on the east coast to another on the east coast. It's in CA now. No explanation just the standard forum response from the USPS.

this is another pia sometimes :smiley2:

I have had some problems with USPS before

huvrr
05-21-2008, 19:06
ST shipped my purchase today

Madmax1997
05-21-2008, 19:22
I had similar experience, I filled a dispute, and suddenly they were available to talk and solve the problem but asking for more time. :smiley21:

I didn't have the choice than filling a dispute and make an official complaint to Pay-Pal and E-bay. E-bay got away as usual and PayPal give me the usual BS answer. :smiley29:

It end up I got my stuff after a couple of week, after several e-mail/phone of negative feed back. I was fortune: the guy call me on my cell phone so I got his phone number...:smiley20:

My friend bougt a Dell laptop: end up a stolen one. had to fill a dispute and police report... totally useless: lost the laptop and the money...

I am now very selective when I want to buy stuff on E-Bay.

... is it unfortunate that for a couple of a**hole screwing up the system we have to be extra careful... and still encounter these guys once they change names again and again... and keep doing business

Hope the best for you

DOWNDEEP73
05-21-2008, 20:14
I'm completly done with ebay all together!
I sold a couple of things and later decided to close my seller account.
Ebay closed it......it was 2 months later and they are still charging my account for seller fees. I have emailed them several times but no word from. I did get them to delete the credit card info, but they are still sending me seller acount fee invoices.

skippy11
05-21-2008, 22:04
Ebay Sucks! (sometimes) I had a similar experience, filed a complaint w/ both paypal and ebay. It was NOT resolved, in fact the seller closed his ebay account. I not only did not get my money back, but I never revieved my order either.

I may check ebay for a few things, but I have not purchased since the above.

elijahb
05-22-2008, 04:47
With any online auction site there is always the risk of not receiving your product. To bad the risk is greater on Ebay...

Zenagirl
05-22-2008, 07:22
Make sure to document your communication with PayPal by using PayPal's e-mail form. I had to dispute an item a couple of months ago and I sent all of my demands to the seller through Pay Pal, but he responded privately and I won the dispute and got my money back.

TAH 73
05-22-2008, 08:33
I actually had my first bad experience this week, purchased a digital camera, won the auction, the seller refused to ship at the price sold for, filed a "mutual agreement BS thing" and I was notified by EBay, he gave a BS reason, I responded by saying I didn't agree to that, didn't matter, was closed, buddy re-lists, camera back up for sale again, I cant dispute as a buyer for a couple more days until (7-10 days) and then what can I do, I don't want the item now, and geez do yo think I would get it in the best condition now anyways, uh box packed, kick down stairs, uh must have gotten damaged during shipping, you know UPS!

mike_s
05-22-2008, 08:45
My only real bad experience with Ebay is buying Scuba Diving magazine from a vendor named BlueSkyMagazines.

First off, let me say this isn't SD mag fault.

The vendor, BlueSkyMagazines, says that it will take up to 10-12 weeks for your subscription to start. Well I never got it and he wan't reply to PM's sent, even though he has new items for sale, so he's still online on EBAY.

EBAY says they can't do anything because the 'grace period' to complain is past.

PayPal says they can't do anything because it's past 60 days.

So BlueSkyMagazines states it will take 10-12 weeks for delivery, which is past the complaint period for both PayPal and EBAY. So you can't do anything about it.

so... don't order any magazines on Ebay from BLUESKYMAGAZINES.

As a note, like I said, this wasn't SD magazines fault. When I contacted them about it to let them know that someone was using their name/magazine to defraud people, they even offered to make good on the magazine subscription. So didn't want people to think this was their fault.

FreedomPC
05-22-2008, 11:18

See what happens with filing your dispute with eBay. Have they given you the seller's direct contact information? If you are not able to resolve things this way and the seller still refuses to contact you, I would not hesitate to leave a negative feedback.
You have to be careful with the neg feedback. Ebay allows people to use it against each other to keep Ebay out of it. Most sellers even stat "leave me good feed back and THEN I'll leave you good feedback". Some even go as far as to say "leave me good feedback and you'll get good, leave me bad feedback and I'll do the same. I had problems witha seller contacted them, contacted Ebay and still was not happy. Left neg feedback and the got bashed from the seller saying "sellers beware...buyer doesn't want to pay for what he bids on". Took Ebay 3 months to finally retract the statment.

Beaucoupfishies
05-22-2008, 11:56
Yeah and you also have to be careful because even if you win the dispute and ebay refunds your money, the seller will turn around and leave YOU bad feedback saying you didn't try to work it out with him.

That's happened twice to me and it's irritating to have your own record marred by someone. Ah well, feedback on buyers is ultimately useless anyway since everyone wants your money.

Good luck with your claim. Ebay will get your money back, it just takes a while.

**Correction** I just realized my problem was on Half.com and not eBay. Same company, different methods. :/

DUnder
05-22-2008, 13:28
Unfortunately unless e-bay has changed their policy you will not get all your money back. My very first e-bay transaction I never recieved my item. I filed a disput and found out at that time e-bay would not refund the 1st $25.00 and not the shipping only refunded off the winning bid:smiley19:

Edit: Part of the problem may be that I did not pay by paypal, it was a while ago.

DaneMeyer20
05-22-2008, 14:50
Got robbed a few months back on ebay for something really small but it pissed me off enough to not use them again

Mtrewyn
05-23-2008, 19:16
Got robbed a few months back on ebay for something really small but it pissed me off enough to not use them again

This is what I'm worried about, I use ebay alot for small things, no real big deal, but still a good way to get stuff cheep if you know what to look for.

Rileybri
05-23-2008, 23:01
IF you used a credit card for payment even with paypal credit/debit cards you have in many cases fraud protection. Contact your CC Co's and ask ofter times you can depute charges with them with more success than ebay and PP.

Jack Hammer
05-24-2008, 00:48
+1 for using a CC via Paypal. I got hosed by both eBay and Paypal years back because I waited 31 days (they've since extended the time to file) to file w/ PP. eBay told me to work it out with the seller (wouldn't let me file a claim for a few weeks then did nothing), who kept stroking me. My CC company faxed me a form and 2 days later I had my money back.

eBay's policies were designed to protect sellers from fraudulent buyers. They care little about buyers "rights" because we are not their bread and butter. That's one of the main reasons, IMO, why eBay these days has so many knockoff products and shady sellers. They set themselves up to be a haven for crooks.

Jack (yes, I know and believe there are still many honest eBay sellers out there)

Athena2c
05-24-2008, 09:50
I had this happen a couple years ago. E-bay was no help, although I did file a complaint. As soon as PayPal got involved though, I got my $$ back.

Good luck!

Texas Girl
05-25-2008, 08:42
Effective May 19, sellers may leave only positive feedback for buyers, no more negative or neutral. You can read more about the recent changes in the feedback system here:
Upcoming Changes to Feedback (http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/new.html)

riverrat
05-25-2008, 13:59
I had a problem with something on ebay in the past. Filled a complaint and it was taken care of right away. May have helped that I had emails back and forth showing the seller was full of crap.

Wow! I have had good luck with big brown and the Postal Service. I HAVE had problems with Fedex and Airborne. Those two carriers cant find their butts in a round room. Hope you get your stuff

scubasavvy
05-26-2008, 11:59
I have had some problems with USPS before

I have problems with them all the time. I absolutely hate working with them.

Mtrewyn
06-06-2008, 18:10
Well I finally got something from the seller: a bogus tracking number from USPS what the F^%* and pay-pal wants me to close my claim?? I cannot respond on their form but they say that if I don't close in 2 days they will keep looking into it well guess what?! I am not happy, so I'm not closing it

PS here is the tracking number if you want to check it out your self:

As of 1825 CST it is a bad number

USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service) (http://www.usps.com/) 9121150134711260640242

Daz
06-06-2008, 20:52
Looks like it might be a legit number after all - I'd give it a day or two to update and see what happens. I just plugged the number in and received the following message:

Label/Receipt Number: 9121 1501 3471 1260 6402 42

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on June 6, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

fire diver
06-06-2008, 21:37
Yeah, but that still doesn't mean anything. The seller does have to actually ship to get that number.

Good man, I hope it works out

Jack Hammer
06-07-2008, 00:28
I get a lot of things with USPS tracking numbers. They only update once a day and that is often a day or two behind. I've recieved several packages before their system even showed it had shipped. I'd give it a few days and see what happens. BTW, IIRC USPS doesn't update tracking info over the weekends, so you may have to wait til Monday to see any change. Oh, and when you see "arrival at unit" it means the package has made it to your local sorting facility and should show up the next day.

Jack

Mtrewyn
06-07-2008, 08:05
thanks for the help, I still feel like it is a bad deal, I had to file a claim to get him to ship it?? Should I still take it?? I'm getting BAD feelings about the whole thing I was realy hoping to just get refund but I'll hope that all works out well and my stuff just fell through the cracks. hoping for the best!

Zenagirl
06-07-2008, 08:17
We had to file a dispute with PayPal to get a seller to ship an item. The minute he shipped it he damanded we close the dispute, but we waited until we received the item, which when it arrived was DEFECTIVE! It was a coat and the zipper was completely destroyed on the front so had to be replaced. I demanded that the seller compensate us for the cost of replacing the zipper, which (of course) he ignored, so a week later escalated the dispute. Not only did I win the dispute, but I had the ENTIRE amount of the coat refunded!! AND I got my money! Shocker, but true. ;)

Bottom line, NEVER close a PayPal dispute until you're 100% satisfied.

CowboyFan&Diver
06-18-2008, 18:43
I currently buy and sell quite a bit of stuff on ebay....I ship out fast (same day) and I take care of problems if they arrive immediately....

If you buy ANYTHING on ebay - USE paypal. You can INSTANTLY FREEZE any money you have sent to someone if they don't hold up their part of the deal.

But you have to pay with paypal....

brandon
06-18-2008, 18:57
I just got cranky with an eBay seller myself...

Bought an item, auction ended on something like 5/22. Paid 12 hours later on same date by Paypal, using the link provided by eBay that automatically associates your auction item with the paypal payment.

On 5/24, get a non-payment notice from the seller. I sent two e-mails - first said I had already paid by Paypal and would be forwarding the receipt, second e-mail was the receipt. Seller doesn't respond.

On 5/29, I get a non-payment dispute notice from eBay. I respond nearly immediately to the dispute, and post the PayPal transaction number in the dispute, as well as a very clear statement that the item was promptly paid for. Dispute is closed 2 days later as "resolved", with no further communication from the seller.

I receive the item on 6/10 and posted the following feedback on eBay, which I felt was fair and representative of the situation given the limited space available:

"Poor communication led to slow shipping Item ended 5/22 Paypal 5/22 Shipped 6/3"

Seller posts the following response:

WE SHIP LIGHTNING FAST! EBAY SYSTEM ALLOWED THIS TO SHOW UNPAID & THIS IDIOT FB!

and

LINK YOUR PAYPAL TO EBAY TO AVOID DELAY!EBAY SHOWED YOU AS UNPAID & ALLOWED UPI!

With the way they've altered the feedback system, I have no avenue to respond to what I feel is rude way of shifting the blame to me, when it's clearly the seller's mistake. I wrote an e-mail to the seller, but didn't receive a response - big surprise, my chief complaint was the piss poor communication.

/shrug, that's my worst experience on eBay.

-B

digitalman
07-05-2008, 22:51
My complaint with Ebay is that you can't really tell what your getting all the time until it arrives on your doorstep. My definition of new is never been used, still in the box. I've had a few instances where the seller's definition of new must have been looks new, still has original box, or lightly used, or my favorite, new to you. That's why I'm more careful about where I get my scuba stuff from. I won't die if I get a used part for my computer. If my BC fails at depth, that could be a problem.

Mtrewyn
07-06-2008, 21:03
My stuff has sort of worked out, I got my stuff a MONTH later, but I got it, had to escalate to the second step in the proses, and it was shipped a day after the time limit expired, but ebay let it go through, I just let it go as my bad experience on ebay

bane51031
01-07-2009, 12:53
Ebay now requires you to have paypal or another direct pay source when selling they probaly own that company too.

My most recent horror story with paypal is I sold a spare air unit on another forum, unit was sold as is and supposedly the diaphragm blew out on the unit after he had it a couple weeks, he filed a dispute with paypal and they found in my favor, he then filed a reversal with his credit card company and they sided with him, paypal gave him the money back and he refused to send me my spare air unit back as he said he had it fixed, now paypal refuses to talk to me and they will not give me his credit card company's name so I could discuss it with them directly stating it would violate confidentiality.So basically he got a free spare air unit and I got crap. So beware is all I can say....

aperkins
01-08-2009, 08:44
Ebay totally sucks now, just a bunch of matchstick men. We should all just be done with it and see how they like that.

imasinker
01-08-2009, 09:53
Maybe someone should start one up for just divers...call it DiversEBuy...lol

Lone Frogman
01-08-2009, 09:55
Add me to the list of won't use Ebay again.

kjvander
01-08-2009, 14:42
i think that i've bought two things off of ebay now....no problems yet...but i do know that there are shady characters out there...all my stuff is done with paypal...

kjvander
01-08-2009, 14:42
i just wonder if paypal will support the 750,000 dollar dive boat that's on there right now.....that would be a nice toy to have....

Mtrewyn
01-08-2009, 18:20
I'm not sure Ebay is any worse off than before, I think there are just more people using it, more users, more crappy users, it like a numbers game, one percent of 100 is one one percent of 100000 is 1000.....

FishFood
01-08-2009, 18:48
I hate Ebay. It's a scam.

Between Ebay and Paypal (part of Ebay), they pocket nearly %10 of every auction. %10 for doing almost nothing. And then when something goes wrong, you get nearly no help. Ebay is run for, and by the power sellers. Hard to find auto parts is all I use Ebay for now, and I hate to use it for that.

thagar
01-08-2009, 20:37
I don't use ebay anymore since people inflated the shipping on their products.

awap
01-08-2009, 20:54
Music to my ears guy. I just picked up 2 Mk5s with 109 2nds & SPGs along with a depth gauge and reg bag for $64. I really appreciate you guys holding back.

BarbadosSlim93
01-12-2009, 18:46
I don't use ebay anymore since people inflated the shipping on their products.

I know, thats the scam about eBay. They charge you 5 dollars for a 10 dollar product and then charge you 15 dollars for shipping. It's BS and why I don't do eBay any more. I just stick to Amazon shopping.

kjvander
01-13-2009, 08:38
the only thing that i dislike about ebay is the shipping....let me know what it was to ship it and i'll pay it.....don't just say 10 or 15 bucks and then get the package in the mail and it is 3.50 or something.....but oh well...cheap stuff sometimes is worth it...

Skred
01-13-2009, 08:41
Music to my ears guy. I just picked up 2 Mk5s with 109 2nds & SPGs along with a depth gauge and reg bag for $64. I really appreciate you guys holding back.

You must be living right, AWAP. Man, deals like that are never around where I go looking.

lund0485
01-13-2009, 10:06
I'm done with ebay also.

awap
01-13-2009, 10:17

You must be living right, AWAP. Man, deals like that are never around where I go looking.

Actually, I find fairly good deals quite regularly. I look 2 or 3 times a week and mark interesting items; seeking older gear with pics or descriptions that would indicate more risk than many buyers are willing to take. But my accounting department tends to ask tough questions like "why did you buy that?", so I have to be careful to not get carried away.

There was also a Mk20/G500 that went for $140 that would have been tempting as many of the G500s have metal air barrels. But I don't think she would have put up with 2 in the same week.

DMWiz
01-13-2009, 10:55
my accounting department tends to ask tough questions like "why did you buy that?", so I have to be careful to not get carried away.

You have one of those too uh? :smilie39:
I tell her I'm bidding on "LIFE SUPPORT" equipment and that tends to get me by.

And if all else fails my motto is: It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!:smiley36:

Skred
01-13-2009, 11:31
my accounting department tends to ask tough questions like "why did you buy that?", so I have to be careful to not get carried away.

You have one of those too uh? :smilie39:
I tell her I'm bidding on "LIFE SUPPORT" equipment and that tends to get me by.

And if all else fails my motto is: It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!:smiley36:

I've got that part easy. My "accounting dept." is at least as dive crazy as I am (we're both DMs).:smiley20:

USF_Diver
01-16-2009, 15:28
Ebay has been so far good to me got a liquid skin mares mask new for 65.00 thats including shipping.

But yeah I do agree some things the shipping is total bs, depends on the seller I guess.

fanatique
02-06-2009, 18:55

Amen, brother! :smiley31: Always buy first, ask questions later!

DMWiz
02-07-2009, 16:20
I got my first negative feedback the other day when a user bought one of my dive lights and then requested to be refunded the money for batteries that were never included in the auction. Ebay did nothing about it either!

emt
02-07-2009, 21:47
I contacted ebay once out of over 50 purchases to different vendors/people. Used paypal and they were slow in responding to a slow seller that never sent the item. The seller did not respond to about 7 requests I initiated thru the ebay site with copies sent to my email account. After 3 weeks I was told by ebay paypal that they could not get a response from seller either. They did not refund my money but acknowledged problems from other buyers from the seller. The good news was I used my credit card instead of bank account on paypal payment. My credit card company was very helpful, very fast, and the credit card company I guess cancelled the paypal payment, All I know is I got my money back.

Usually i just have to contact the seller and inform them I would like to leave + feedback but I need this & that done first. They usually comply with my request when I tell them that way & let them know + feedback will come once my requests are honored.

fire diver
02-07-2009, 22:46
I got my first negative feedback the other day when a user bought one of my dive lights and then requested to be refunded the money for batteries that were never included in the auction. Ebay did nothing about it either!

Yeah, the whole feedback things irks me sometimes. It used to be just a quid-pro-quo thing. A seller would almost never leave postive feedback until the buyer did first. Thye wanted to slam a negative if the buyer left negative. Now sellers can't leave negative feedback (or did they drop that policy already?) for a buyer at all.

Lots of stupid people out there, and no one is monitoring the feedback process.

DMWiz
02-07-2009, 22:59
Yeah, the whole feedback things irks me sometimes. It used to be just a quid-pro-quo thing. A seller would almost never leave postive feedback until the buyer did first. Thye wanted to slam a negative if the buyer left negative. Now sellers can't leave negative feedback (or did they drop that policy already?) for a buyer at all.

Lots of stupid people out there, and no one is monitoring the feedback process.

Nope, it's still that way... all you can do as a seller is "reply" to negative feedback and cannot leave negative feedback to for the buyer! It didn't really bother me UNTIL NOW that is.

Shortyman801
02-07-2009, 23:12
Ebay is terrible now. Way too over-commercialized and profit oriented. They stopped caring about their customers, and started caring about the money long ago. Craigslist is way better, more simple, and you don't have to deal with ridiculous fees when you sell your stuff. Plus there is a free section!

fanatique
02-11-2009, 19:58
That's why craigslist is trouncing local papers in terms of classifieds revenue. What you forgo is all the bells and whistles like sortable / personalised listings, pictures and colours though. Fortunately most people can do without these.

Straegen
02-12-2009, 00:52
[QUOTE=fire diver;269468]Nope, it's still that way... all you can do as a seller is "reply" to negative feedback and cannot leave negative feedback to for the buyer! It didn't really bother me UNTIL NOW that is.It is still a better system than the previous one. I personally think sellers should have to leave feedback one way or another on the buyer immediately following payment and the buyer should be able to rate the seller once the item arrives as well as dispute negative feedback.

I personally got burned by a seller who shipped me an incomplete product, I emailed, they ignored, I left negative feedback, they thanked me for negative feedback and left negative feedback on my account. Ebay wouldn't do anything stating the feedback would fall off my record several months later. I ended up disputing the charge with Paypal... they wouldn't do anything and I then disputed with my CC and they took care of it.

Unfortunately for the seller, they were a brick and mortar. I happened to be in their town a couple months later and dropped by. I got my pound of flesh and ended up convincing several riders to avoid their business that day as well as getting a feeling of justice served.

DMWiz
02-12-2009, 11:25
It is still a better system than the previous one. I personally think sellers should have to leave feedback one way or another on the buyer immediately following payment and the buyer should be able to rate the seller once the item arrives as well as dispute negative feedback.

I'm sorry about what happened to you, but I disagree with you. That's a one sided system and does no fly for me. Not that the current one does either. As it is right now, I can only send positive feedback no matter what the buyer does? Had I given this particular buyer positive feedback upon payment what protection do I get as a seller from a cheap buyer who can't read an auction and demands something that wasn't part of the auction?

The original system worked fine IMO, as far as feedback goes anyway. It still doesn't guarantee anything, but it didn't let buyers or sellers leave comments with impunity.

Straegen
02-12-2009, 11:53
The original system worked fine IMO, as far as feedback goes anyway. It still doesn't guarantee anything, but it didn't let buyers or sellers leave comments with impunity.The original system held the buyer hostage so they would rarely leave negative feedback on a poor seller which does nobody any good. Might as well not have the system in place to begin with. Besides, few sellers really care about a buyers feedback rating other than they have bought successfully before while the sellers feedback is very important to the buyer.

Additionally, many sellers have 1000 times the feedback a buyer has so one negative feedback really doesn't hurt a seller much. One negative feedback dropped my rating from 100% to 90% in one shot. Buyers simply got to the point they would not leave feedback other than positive which is just a ridiculous system and utterly worthless. I think the system they have while far from perfect (and I don't think there is a perfect here) is vastly superior to the old system. I do agree that they should followup on negative feedback from buyers challenged by sellers in this new system though.

hooligan
02-12-2009, 17:25
The original system worked fine IMO, as far as feedback goes anyway. It still doesn't guarantee anything, but it didn't let buyers or sellers leave comments with impunity.The original system held the buyer hostage so they would rarely leave negative feedback on a poor seller which does nobody any good. Might as well not have the system in place to begin with. Besides, few sellers really care about a buyers feedback rating other than they have bought successfully before while the sellers feedback is very important to the buyer.

Additionally, many sellers have 1000 times the feedback a buyer has so one negative feedback really doesn't hurt a seller much. One negative feedback dropped my rating from 100% to 90% in one shot. Buyers simply got to the point they would not leave feedback other than positive which is just a ridiculous system and utterly worthless. I think the system they have while far from perfect (and I don't think there is a perfect here) is vastly superior to the old system. I do agree that they should followup on negative feedback from buyers challenged by sellers in this new system though.

I hear what your saying about big stores with thousands of positive feed back and here I am with like 25-30. I bid on and won a life jacket for jet skiing and it turns out the company didn't even have the one I bid on. We worked out deal for a very similar product, but I still left negative feedback for listing an item they didn't have. Then they left negative feedback for me even though I paid immediatly for the original item. So that knocked my feedback percentage down a ton.

DMWiz
02-13-2009, 07:01
I hear what your saying about big stores with thousands of positive feed back and here I am with like 25-30. I bid on and won a life jacket for jet skiing and it turns out the company didn't even have the one I bid on. We worked out deal for a very similar product, but I still left negative feedback for listing an item they didn't have. Then they left negative feedback for me even though I paid immediatly for the original item. So that knocked my feedback percentage down a ton.

That's exactly what I mean, you left negative feedback even when you came to an agreement that you would accept a similar item. If you weren't pleased with the agreement then say no and leave negative feedback, but if it was resolved to your satisfaction why was there a need to leave negative feedback? You left negative feedback without reason and you expect the other party to leave positive feedback? Come on!

If your reason was to inform other buyers about the seller you could have easily said, "Even when the wrong item was listed we came to an agreement" w/o leaving negative feedback. That clearly states what happened and it's not one-sided!

Feedback is based on the entire transaction not juts part of it! Had you received a refund would you have left negative feedback too? Mistakes do happen and I have been on both sides of incorrect listings.

cummings66
02-13-2009, 07:15
I agree, the leaving of negative feedback in this case was a poor choice. If the agreement was good for you, then there was no need for a negative feedback.

If it wasn't good for you in the first place just get your money back and leave negative feedback for the uncompleted transaction. That's what the feedback was for, IMO you deserved the negative for what you did. He did what you asked for and you still dinged him, that's not nice.

robjoubert
02-23-2009, 17:10
I had JUST got the email telling me that I had won an auction for an OMS Weight Bag when I read this post - so I was a little apprehensive as the seller had only one other sale on EBay.

BUT - when it arrived today , it turned out that this was a good buy: I paid $25 shipping included for a brand new weight bag that still had the price tag of $28.25 on it.

What I have learnt from this post is to be be VEWWY VEWWY CAREFUL!!!

cummings66
02-23-2009, 17:24
Everybody starts somewhere, there are many honest folks out there. I think you had a good experience and with care will continue to have them.

I've always done good there, in fact the last 3 flashlights I've bought there were exceptional deals, but only because I set a limit as to what I'd spend and was patient enough to wait for it. Never rush into things, if it's too good to be true it probably is.

RoyN
02-23-2009, 18:00
I stop using eBay after watching a dispute on People's Court show.

JCAT
02-23-2009, 18:04
I scan listings, but if an item is not within driving range, I don't usually don't bother. I don't like how ebay hides the other bidders, I think that causes too much shill bidding, from the sellers themselves. I've never sold anything on Ebay, doubt I ever will.

nrembis
03-21-2009, 09:31

There is one in the works, will be done in about 3 weeks and will be dedicated to diving gear only. Also will be much cheaper to use than auctioning your items on ebay.

Mtrewyn
03-21-2009, 20:55
Make sure you post the site for us here!!!!

CPTOZZY
03-21-2009, 23:16

Negative Feedback will yeild positive feedback for future buyers

navyhmc
03-22-2009, 05:52

There is one in the works, will be done in about 3 weeks and will be dedicated to diving gear only. Also will be much cheaper to use than auctioning your items on ebay.

Keep us in the loop, definitely. Dive gear is about the only thing I look at on ebay, would love to have an alterate choice. :smiley20:

nrembis
03-24-2009, 20:36

Keep us in the loop, definitely. Dive gear is about the only thing I look at on ebay, would love to have an alterate choice. :smiley20:

You bet, here is a sneak preview :)

nrembis
03-27-2009, 20:23
Make sure you post the site for us here!!!!

here ya go... ScubaBidz (http://www.scubabidz.com)

:)

fanatique
03-28-2009, 09:23
Which is why I don't mind paying that extra to buy from ST instead of fleabay. With the latter, there's always some risk involved.

nrembis
03-30-2009, 11:55
Which is why I don't mind paying that extra to buy from ST instead of fleabay. With the latter, there's always some risk involved.

In some cases, ST is cheaper than what things are selling for on Ebay, LOL..

Theres always going to be some risk involved no matter what.....I personally feel safer buying online than giving the waiter/waitress at some restaurants your credit card to pay your bill.....when he/she walks off who knows what they are doing, they could be writing your card info down for later use... :)

clararhb
03-30-2009, 14:46
I have had issues with E-bay and all but one came out at least mutually settled. Another way of having a bit of a leg to stand on is to use a USPS money order or credit card. It takes a bit for the money order but it has helped. Fortunately most divers are honest people.

FoxHound
03-30-2009, 14:58
I have issues with Ebay, but using paypal i have gotten my money back the 2 times something didnt go right. Other then that, i have had pretty well all good experiences with ebay. i use it pretty often