PDA

View Full Version : going back deletes message

cowgirldiver
05-21-2008, 21:16
I was typing in a message today and went back a page to check on someone's screen name. When I went back to type it in-my entire message was gone. What a bummer. Luckily my mind hasn't totally gone (if it was all here I would have remembered the screen name in the 1st place) and I remembered the gist of what I was typing.

Thanks!!!!

DOWNDEEP73
05-21-2008, 21:19
I was typing in a message today and went back a page to check on someone's screen name. When I went back to type it in-my entire message was gone. What a bummer. Luckily my mind hasn't totally gone (if it was all here I would have remembered the screen name in the 1st place) and I remembered the gist of what I was typing.

Thanks!!!!
Next time copy your text before going back to look at something....then when you come back ...paste it back in!

FishFood
05-21-2008, 21:20
If you scroll down while typign your reply you can see previous posts of a thread.

Or, what brower do you use? I use Opera. One of my favorite features is the "Duplicate Tab" feature. It allows me to quickly load two of the same page. That way I can still type my reply, AND go back a page to read the post.

Goodluck :smiley20:

cowgirldiver
05-21-2008, 21:24

Thanks!!!!
Next time copy your text before going back to look at something....then when you come back ...paste it back in!
I would have done the copy and paste if I had any inkling that going back was going to clear out my message. Maybe I just don't spend enough time on this type of site.

And for fishfood (which I only know because their message is right above this) my browser is Safari-yes, I'm a Mac user!

cmburch
05-22-2008, 00:58
If you [go advanced] and then [preview post] it will update the page. So if you accidentially hit back or go to another link you can return to the page that was updated with preview post.