PDA

View Full Version : What is your plan for this weekend....

jtkkym
05-22-2008, 21:19
I was planning to make some bubble this weekend but my wife will be out of town so I got stuck with kids....I'll have some fun with my kids.

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
05-22-2008, 21:28
Mirror image. I'm out of town diving so my wife gets stuck with the kids. Sorry. :(

dallasdivergirl
05-22-2008, 21:31
I will be working my normal 6 days a week. Sunday I will get to sleep in until 7am! woohoo :D

jtkkym
05-22-2008, 21:31
That's nice...Have a great time!

DiverMom
05-22-2008, 21:37
I will be doing my open water cert. WooHoo!!! Nervous... the water temp is in the low 40's. Excited... Florida is 24 days away!

skippy11
05-22-2008, 22:20
I get to work all weekend too. My parents own a convenient store/cafe near the lake, so it will be very busy. My husband, sister, and I were all summond to work. Oh well, extra money for vacation funds.

hooligan
05-23-2008, 00:11
I'm going diving on Saturday at the Izu Ocean Park. Maybe I'll send all of you a postcard from the underwater mail box.;) I'll post a pic of the mailbox later... can't access any photo sharing sites from work:smiley19:. Hopefully the viz is ok... Dang typhoons like to stir things up.

fisheater
05-23-2008, 00:27
Diving with my OW instructor on his boat in Monterey. By the end of the weekend, I should have my Peak Performance Buoyancy, UW Navigation and Deep certs. Plus, one more night dive!

chinacat46
05-23-2008, 06:47
I just had an umbilical hernia operation yesterday so I plan on eating pain killers and to convalesce around the house. Also hope to do some walking as well.

caroln
05-23-2008, 07:22
Sorry to hear all you guys plans got ruined or derailed at least for the weekend.

TRACI
05-23-2008, 07:45
I get to go to Coz on Saturday for 5 days :)

Beaucoupfishies
05-23-2008, 09:15
Sleeping. Sleeping. Shopping. Drinking. Sleeping.

harb99
05-23-2008, 09:36

sounds kinda like my weekend except no shopping for me and maybe a bit more drinking :)

Geoff_T
05-23-2008, 09:38
wifes birthday can't go diving not this weekend.

Beaucoupfishies
05-23-2008, 09:38

sounds kinda like my weekend except no shopping for me and maybe a bit more drinking :)

Well, you figure that each sleeping represents at least 8 hours, so then that means I get at least 8 hours of drinking too. :smiley2:

harb99
05-23-2008, 09:50

Well, you figure that each sleeping represents at least 8 hours, so then that means I get at least 8 hours of drinking too. :smiley2:

but you didnt specify the drinking time lost to shopping, so i figure i have you by at least a few hours

:fulle:

Beaucoupfishies
05-23-2008, 09:53
but you didnt specify the drinking time lost to shopping, so i figure i have you by at least a few hours

You don't have to be sober to shop, it just makes it more affordable!

harb99
05-23-2008, 09:55

and if you have one of these, you can even drink while shopping :smiley20:

http://www.thebeerbelly.com/photos/200-002-2.jpg

Beerbelly Deluxe, Complete Stealth Beverage System (http://www.thebeerbelly.com/Beerbelly_Deluxe_p/200-002.htm)

Martin2
05-23-2008, 09:57
We'll be going to Houston, but no time for diving while we're there:smiley19:

ChrisA
05-23-2008, 10:28
I was planning to make some bubble this weekend but my wife will be out of town so I got stuck with kids....I'll have some fun with my kids.

My usual Sunday plan is to show up at one of the local dive sites called "Old Marineland" (AKA "OML or "Long Point") and look at condidtions and dive if it looks divable. If it looks bad we make a decision to move or just call the dive. Locally there are groups that meet up like this on Weds, Thurs, Sat and Sun at different spots. I try to meet up with two of these groups a week. It works well because you don't have to make phone calls or e-mail to set up a dive with a buddy I can just show up and know there will be other divers I know. I used to dive four days a week but then nothing got done at home.

OML is a is a 10 minute hike down a bluff to the beach. It's a rocky beach two entry points one a more protected cove with cobble stone size rocks and the other is a point with shoulder high bolders. You can only enter on the bolder side in low surf. Depth varies from 20 to 65 ft it's a rocky reef with kelp.

Beaucoupfishies
05-23-2008, 11:09
and if you have one of these, you can even drink while shopping :smiley20:

Beerbelly Deluxe, Complete Stealth Beverage System (http://www.thebeerbelly.com/Beerbelly_Deluxe_p/200-002.htm)

Wow, you could be really classy and pull the bag out of a box wine to stick in that thing. If anyone asks why you have a tube sticking out of your shirt, you can just tell them you lost your colostomy bag.

Ugh, I apologize for that one. :smiley36:

cummings66
05-23-2008, 11:20
As far as I know I'm not diving at all this weekend. Saturday I'm doing BBQ, real BBQ and not grilling like most think of it. Sunday is my anniversary and it's one of the few dates that if you forget it you deserve whatever you get.

I'm going to see about possibly diving on Monday if I can.

cummings66
05-23-2008, 11:21
Sorry to hear all you guys plans got ruined or derailed at least for the weekend.

If the plan was changed and you're spending time with kids/family then there is no way it could be considered to be ruined. Heck, we should probably spend more time with them than we do, at least I think we should.

cmburch
05-23-2008, 11:30
I work Saturday.
Kayaking/spearfishing at Fort Bragg/Mendocino on Sunday.
Spearfishing/abalone Sonoma on Monday.

jpep
05-23-2008, 13:10
Family BBQ get together on Sunday to celebrate my wife's and sister-in-law's birthdays.

Although I'll be manning the grill... at least I don't have to drive/travel.

Otherwise, just some R&R for 2 days. :smiley20:

ertechsg
05-23-2008, 13:47
I will be working my normal 6 days a week. Sunday I will get to sleep in until 7am! woohoo :D
Atleast you get to sleep Sunday, better than no days right?:smiley20: I'll be duing ER duty(sun,mon) for all those precious pets that get into the BBQ, overheat and have to suture up becaused they played to hard with thier new friends at the lake. So count your blessings , I have to deal with drunk overprotective owners all weekend should be fun :smiley19:

jtkkym
05-23-2008, 21:31

If the plan was changed and you're spending time with kids/family then there is no way it could be considered to be ruined. Heck, we should probably spend more time with them than we do, at least I think we should.

Yeah....I agree. I would take them diving but my youngest one is not old enough to dive yet so I have to find some fun to do with my kids. Yes, they drive me nuts sometimes but that's life. Make best out of it.

Mtrewyn
05-24-2008, 19:21
I'm Drinking on sun and sleeping on Mon

cutter77
05-24-2008, 20:15
BBQ, no diving. :>{ .........sigh.

mm2002
05-27-2008, 10:48

Now that's the best quote I've heard in a long time!
Also, NEVER go grocery shopping stoned! :smiley36:

fisheater
05-27-2008, 21:16
Well. My plans for the weekend were to get my Peak Perf. Buoyancy, UW Nav. and Deep certs.

Didn't work out exactly as planned. I added two additional night dives and also got Night certified.

Lots of diving. Saw new stuff. Did new stuff. Developed better and new skills. Met a new dive buddy that I'd love to dive with again.

DUnder
06-04-2008, 10:55
I am traveling to northern Minnasota to camp and dive for the weekend. They have a lot of old mine pits to dive, cold water usually fair to good viz.