PDA

View Full Version : Updating title in thread

the gooch
08-06-2007, 10:24
I updated the title of my wetsuit for sale thread to read "SOLD" and even though it saved it, when you view the For Sale postings my title only shows the original and not the updated title. If you click on the post the title reads "Sold" but not from the list of all for sale posts. --that make sense?

ScubaToys Larry
08-06-2007, 10:47
I just put a sticky up on the top of the used stuff for sale thread that explains if you sell something.. just pm me and I will simply remove the entire thread.

Hope that will make life easier for you!

Wolfie2012
08-06-2007, 11:27
Is that only a temporary solution or is there a reason why the title's aren't setup to be changed? As the board grows, getting all those PM's to remove threads could get tedious...

ScubaToys Larry
08-06-2007, 11:32
Is that only a temporary solution or is there a reason why the title's aren't setup to be changed? As the board grows, getting all those PM's to remove threads could get tedious...

Love to tell you... Just can't. My techie guy, Tommy, is out goofing off. I'll discuss options with him when he gets back later today.

I could just set it up where people could delete their threads in that section only, but I'm not sure I like that option.

Not saying anything about anyone here - because we're all great folks! But... Lets suppose someone says "like new something or other... $200!" in their post. Someone buys it, gets it, and it looks like something mike nelson threw away 30 years ago... But now the thread is deleted?!

So actually, I don't delete them. I move them over to an administration area where only admins and mods can go in and view them.

I can just set up a mod or two to keep an eye on that section if it gets to that point - unless I, (or more realistically tommy) can come up with a better alternative.

Just taking life here one step at a time!

ReefHound
08-06-2007, 11:40
SB has trader feedback ratings that do better to warn of shysters than replies in threads.

Why not just mark the thread as Closed then it will soon drop off the radar for most people?

ScubaToys Larry
08-06-2007, 11:42
SB has trader feedback ratings that do better to warn of shysters than replies in threads.

Why not just mark the thread as Closed then it will soon drop off the radar for most people?

Yea.. that probably would be easier... here I go over thinking again!

CompuDude
08-06-2007, 11:57
That's standard practice on other boards. There is usually an entry in the sticky asking the OP to close the thread once the item sells.