PDA

View Full Version : Mares M2 battery life

redrover
05-23-2008, 21:26
Hello

I'm considering a Mares M2 computer, mainly for the fact that it has the option to leave the backlight on.

For anyone that uses one, how often do you change the batteries if using this feature.

Overall, if you have one..are you satisfied..any likes, dislikes

*Merlin*
06-21-2008, 03:54
I bought mine and then took the enriched air class with my wife. She ordered her M2 last night. I have not gotten past the owners manual yet so I have no idea how long the battery will last. But the availability and price of the batterys was two of the items on the plus list for the M2.
BTW so far I like everything I have seen of the M2. Simple to set up and use. I am a function over form type so the M2 seems ideal for me.

longtailbda
06-21-2008, 07:09
I just ordered one myself low price, backlight on and readily available batteries are the reason.

Ryanh1801
06-21-2008, 11:33
I have almost 50 dives on mine and batteries are still going strong. Around 7 maybe a few more of these dives have had the back light timer on for the entire dive.

character157
06-24-2008, 20:12
It looks like a great comp-I am looking at getting one. From what I can tell it does all the same things including Nitrox for $200! I have read other posts in the computer section and so far its gotten positive ratings.

CODMAN
06-30-2008, 09:39
I've been able to get 40 dives out of it (maybe 5 of those being night dives with the backlight on) on one Nimah 2500 mah set of rechargeabbles. I then change the batteries, before any signs of low battery just to be safe. If you don,t nigh dive too often, I'm sure you can easily match this with a new set of batteries.

I love mine. It's a great little computer!:smiley20:

rfreddo
07-08-2008, 13:58
Mine seems to do fine on batteries as long as I'm using it frequently. If it sits in the bag for more than 2 or 3 months the batteries are dead when I next go to use it. Not a big deal considering standared aa batts, but the M2 does loose basic data (date, time, etc.) every time you have to change batteries. Minor inconvenience considering the price and many nice features.

heydn62
03-24-2009, 16:13
Do you get a sufficient warning for low battery? If you've done a lot of diving, do you change batteries to make sure they're good even if you don't get a low reading?

CODMAN
03-24-2009, 19:17
Heydn, I've never waited for the low bat signal before recharging. But while contacting one of the Mares reps about this, this question came up. He claimed I should be able to get around 10 more normal dives (without the backlight on) once the low bat sign turns on. 1 or two with the backlight on.

Take this for what it's worth. Something someone told me, not hands on experience. But I do trust the Mares reps I talked to. They really give great customer service!

Hope this helps a bit in case no one else chimes in with real experience on this!:smiley20:

CPTOZZY
03-24-2009, 20:17
Hello

I'm considering a Mares M2 computer, mainly for the fact that it has the option to leave the backlight on.

For anyone that uses one, how often do you change the batteries if using this feature.

Overall, if you have one..are you satisfied..any likes, dislikes

I usually left the Backlight on, and I got 20-30 Dives on it, before I went with an Air Integrated. I Think I changed the Batteries once during that time, just as a precaution. So i would say probably 20 Dives would be a good safe estimate. THey take over the counter AAA's so It's really not an issue

I liked that feature