PDA

View Full Version : Table Rock night dive

mm2002
05-26-2008, 17:43
I know it's kinda short notice, but the wife and I are going to do some dusk/night diving at TR this coming Thursday (29th). If anyone is going to be in the area, and wants to do a dive or two let me know. We're planning to be at Dewey around 6:30pm. There's not going to be much moon that night, so we're thinking we'll do a dive as soon as we get there, then go back in a little later, just after sunset.

edit: I forgot to mention we'll be camping at the park that night too. We may bring the boat, and do some boating on Friday.

cummings66
05-26-2008, 20:06
You'll like it. I've found the visibility improves after dark there. I've always kind of thought that the light from above isn't reflecting off the silt and so you see further without all the light being scattered.

Who knows though. I wish I lived closer and gas was cheaper, I'd be there in a heartbeat to dive.

texdiveguy
05-26-2008, 20:09
I really like lake night diving.....it's just a great time to be underwater....cooler--darker and seems like the fish just love the light/s. Nothing like finding a spot to just settle in and blocking the light for a minute or so and taking in the stillness and dark!!

mm2002
05-26-2008, 20:40
Yeah, we're really looking forward to it. Before scuba, we used to take the boat out at night a lot. The lake is so peaceful at night, and the water does take on kind of a tranquility. Night swimming is a blast, so I know we're going to love the diving.

snagel
05-27-2008, 17:17
mm2002,

I'm sure you'll report back, but maybe we can get in a night dive on the 14th?

S. Nagel

mm2002
05-27-2008, 17:28
mm2002,

I'm sure you'll report back, but maybe we can get in a night dive on the 14th?

S. Nagel

Maybe??? Let's just plan it brother!

mm2002
05-28-2008, 17:30
Well, this really sucks. We just spoke with our LDS, because we were thinking that it would be great to have one of the DM's there to log the dive so we could count it toward our AOW. They said that a night dive would be pointless right now, because the vis is total crap. I can't imagine it changing that much in the last two weeks, but whatever. Anyway, we're going to dive tomorrow come hell or high water (pun intended), so we went out scouting around for some other possibilities. What we found is cool beyond our wildest imagination! (well, at least for us). I'll post another thread about it, but if anyone wants to join us, it'll definitely be worth the time.