PDA

View Full Version : Inflator Hose on Brigade

lucidblue
08-06-2007, 12:36
Was diving with my Brigade for the first time yesterday. First two dives everything was good. On the third dive I pulled on the inflator hose because it was a little too far back and I heard air release. Did it a few times and kept hear the air release. My buddy checked and said it seemed like it was coming out of the valve near where the hose attaches to the bladder. Only happened when I pulled it forward a little, but there weren't bubbles or anything when I left it alone. A little concerned. Just want to make sure there aren't any problems, anyone know what it could be?

Illini_Fan
08-06-2007, 12:40
It will be interesting to see a more "educated" response than mine, but I always thought that was another way to dump air on any BC, not just the brigade.

MEL-DC Diver
08-06-2007, 12:41
Unless I am missing something, it is supposed to do that. The pull on your inflator hose is one of your dumps.

reservecops
08-06-2007, 12:43
Are you talking about the dump valve/overpressure relief valve that is incorporated into the inflator hose assembly?

ScubaToys Larry
08-06-2007, 12:48
I believe everyone else nailed it. If you follow the inflator hose up to your left shoulder, you will see a gizmo on there called a rapid exhaust valve. There is actually a stainless steel cable that connects the inflator end to that valve. You pull, and it dumps air up there.

See that whole "hold the inflator above your head and hit the deflate button" thing... makes you look like a noobie! Yea.. I know... you were taught that way. But we were also taught to drive with our hands at 10 and 2, not one on the phone, the other holding a sandwich, a cup of coffee and a pen while we drive with our knee.

So you want to dump some air. Grab on, give a tug... back to diving.

But don't feel bad... I've done that with things... took my car back to the dealer because every time I came to a stop sign the radio got quieter... then they told me... it's supposed to do that. Doh!

ertechsg
08-06-2007, 12:49
suppost do do that another way to dump air and control your accent

lucidblue
08-06-2007, 13:06
Thanks everyone, I had no idea... :anim_newbie:.

Larry, I'd be really annoyed if my radio volume turned down at a stop sign. Doesn't it make you crazy?

BSea
08-06-2007, 13:12
Just for clarification, not every BC can dump this way. My Oxycheq wing for 1 doesn't vent this way.

TxScubaBear
08-06-2007, 19:03
See that whole "hold the inflator above your head and hit the deflate button" thing... makes you look like a noobie! Yea.. I know... you were taught that way. But we were also taught to drive with our hands at 10 and 2, not one on the phone, the other holding a sandwich, a cup of coffee and a pen while we drive with our knee.

You forgot the CrackBerry Larry......

reservecops
08-06-2007, 20:14
Just for clarification, not every BC can dump this way. My Oxycheq wing for 1 doesn't vent this way.Correct. However, note the title to the thread: Inflator Hose on Brigade, and the name of the Forum (Zeagle) ... ;)

ScubaToys Larry
08-06-2007, 21:04

Larry, I'd be really annoyed if my radio volume turned down at a stop sign. Doesn't it make you crazy?

Actually turns out, there is a knob below my knob (careful folks) and you can set how much variation the radio volume has when you speed up or slow down to compensate for road noise. So you can set it to none... but then if the radio is blasting when you're tooling down the road - you stop and it seems deafening, and irritates everyone around you.

MEL-DC Diver
08-06-2007, 21:11

Actually turns out, there is a knob below my knob (careful folks) and you can set how much variation the radio volume has when you speed up or slow down to compensate for road noise. So you can set it to none... but then if the radio is blasting when you're tooling down the road - you stop and it seems deafening, and irritates everyone around you.

Larry, there is absolutely no need to listen to Casey Jones that loud.

ScubaToys Larry
08-06-2007, 21:26
I'm a Commodores and Earth Wind and Fire guy actually.

MEL-DC Diver
08-06-2007, 21:28
After the love has gone...

ScubaToys Larry
08-06-2007, 21:32

Indeed.. and if you need to stay awake and drive faster, September or Sing a Song.

lucidblue
08-06-2007, 21:43

Indeed.. and if you need to stay awake and drive faster, September or Sing a Song.

September is one of my favorites!

3rdEye
08-06-2007, 22:41
well crap, i learned something today.....i was wondering why they would put a valve there.....:smiley29:

MEL-DC Diver
08-07-2007, 08:55
well crap, i learned something today.....i was wondering why they would put a valve there.....:smiley29:

Sometimes, even when you're trying your hardest to avoid it, knowledge is just thrust upon you.