PDA

View Full Version : july 4th disney dive quest

scubasamurai
05-27-2008, 14:41
ok so the wife wants to go to disney world for her birthday and spend july 4th there. boring but i was given permission :smilie39: to do dive quest. i know only my fourth time but it is fun especially in the heat, so if anyone will be there at the 430 july 4 time frame let me know. i guess the economy is starting to hit disney too, i called and they had all slots available for july 2 through the 5th and i book only this week!!! usually that stuff is long gone before a month or so out!!

Beaucoupfishies
05-27-2008, 17:30
Osprey and I gotta fly over to St.Louis that weekend or else we would. We'll get there eventually though.

Geoff_T
05-27-2008, 17:41
how hard is it to get an insta buddy there or better yet will they let you solo?

scubasamurai
05-27-2008, 19:03
how hard is it to get an insta buddy there or better yet will they let you solo?

there really isn't any buddy system there ( you'll see) they have a bunch of DM's go with you and you go down in a group so everybody just hangs toegther. i mean if you get into any trouble your only 20ft of water and there are at least 2 people within a hand grasp of you at all times and most of the time you at 15 ft messing with the guests through the window hahahah

mselizann
05-28-2008, 08:38
I am thinking of Dive Quest in October- is it really fun?

scubasamurai
05-28-2008, 11:26
I am thinking of Dive Quest in October- is it really fun?
if you never did it it is pretty fun. nice conditions and you are really the entertaiment for the guest looking through the glass. some fish and turtles and some sharks that basically leave you alone and you get a nice behind the scene tour of the living seas. over all its pretty fun, i do it so much because of the discount and i live close by so when the family goes, i at least get a dive in :smiley32: so everyone is happy.

ps if you have the disney visa card you get a 20% discount and if your naui cert you also get a discount

TX1Chica
05-28-2008, 11:48
How long do you need to reserve a date? Do you have to pay up front? I want to go at the end of July, when I am in the area for a conf. But I would hate to loose all my $ if something happens and I can't go.

scubasamurai
05-28-2008, 14:33
they of course want you to pay upfront, but if you cancel i think within 48hours ( double check when you call they are more than happy to tell you) you get your money back. as for scheduling i usually do it within 2 mos, thats why i was surprised to get a spot when i called with little notice. proves that people are starting to cut back on trips and expenses. so i would calll and find out the cancellation policy and cancel if you need to . have fun.

TX1Chica
05-28-2008, 16:34
Ok, Thanks. I'll go call.

jwdizney
05-29-2008, 06:09

we dove it last night. always a great dive! there were 3 of us (me, Disneymom & disneydaughter) and asked if we could be 3 buddy group. there was also a solo diver and they asked me to buddy with him so that every diver has a buddy. don't think they'll let you solo, but once under, it's probably not that big of a deal. 10 divers in the water with a DM, safety diver and camera diver. you're never really more than 50' from another diver. big turtles were very active last night. something about springtime makes them quite active. kinda expensive, but I think worth it!:smiley20:

TX1Chica
05-29-2008, 10:23
I booked yesterday. They gave me a $5 discount for being SSI cert. I am really looking forward to the dive. Anything else I should know or be prepared for?

scubasamurai
05-29-2008, 16:53
just bring your suit , they have everything else and if you go eearly enough, check out what time epcot closes. they usually cut you loose in the park, even if you didn't pay admission and epcot has some nice fireworks at 9pm! have fun
also they try to sell you a video, if your in a small group it might be worth it to buy it.

Beaucoupfishies
05-29-2008, 17:49
Didn't know about the 20% off for the Disney Visa, thank you!

scubasamurai
05-29-2008, 20:55
Didn't know about the 20% off for the Disney Visa, thank you!
if your a passholer you get a discount as well and the last time they were taking about let us claim the exppense of the dive on our taxes because it is a donation to the wildlife fund. but i will see because they were still working out how to do that!!! the gover't paying for our dives !!!