PDA

View Full Version : Diving across the USA

georoc01
08-06-2007, 13:34
http://www.dtmag.com/dive-usa/divingusa.html

medic001918
08-06-2007, 14:39
Interesting link. Wonder how quickly it will develop information about new dive sites. It would be great if it got active and grew like this forum.

Maybe that site and ST could link up to promote activity on both sites?

Shane

georoc01
08-07-2007, 08:10
Unfortunately when I was looking at it, it appears only the editors of DT Magazine have the power to edit it. I did post a like over at the fresh water diving site, where they are trying to promote reviews of US dive sites.

mike_s
08-07-2007, 08:25
Interesting link. Wonder how quickly it will develop information about new dive sites. It would be great if it got active and grew like this forum.

Maybe that site and ST could link up to promote activity on both sites?

Shane

If you read their mag ever, they usually have featured one or two inland dive locations with a short story. I think this is where they get their content for this. So until they do a short bit about it, it doesn't get populated.

I'm betting that sending anything in about a site, especially with lots of facts, pictures, etc might help matters.

Lake Diver
10-24-2007, 11:02
Ok guys, our site map BLOWS AWAY DT mag's dive site map!! We actually have info on the sites listed...Send us your info on new sites and we'll get it posted!!

Lake Diver - Bringing light to another way of diving. (http://www.lakediver.com/usamap.html)

redneckdiver52
10-24-2007, 11:36
That is an awesome website until today I thought that diving across USA was the best thing going on the net. Now, I know better, thank you.:smiley20:

RoadRacer1978
10-24-2007, 11:55
Lake divers site is much better and more informative from what i've seen.

Lake Diver
10-25-2007, 10:48
Lake divers site is much better and more informative from what i've seen.

Thanks guys, our goal was to create a website that is ONE STOP for your diving information needs, as far as where to dive freshwater spots go! We were tired ourselves of searching multiple websites and search engines to find info on where to dive, like how deep is the place and how cold is it!? DT Mag is a start, but you find a spot, click it, and it says "more info needed"....so we don't put up a site unless we have info on it!! But, Lake Diver map is "built" by local divers so it is 1st hand experiences and that is what makes it so great!

longtailbda
06-08-2008, 04:13
Unfortunately there's not a lot of info on in my area on this site. NJ waters have some of the highest density of diveable wrecks around. It would be nice if they would allow for user articles, will have to contact them and see.

dive10killer
06-10-2008, 18:23
I think the description for Tenkiller might have been more accurate about 20 years ago