PDA

View Full Version : mounting a 40cf pony?

Scotttyd
05-27-2008, 18:17
I met a guy this week who states he mounts his 40 cf pony tank on the side of his tank using zeagle straps, now I have never heard of anyone doing this, only slinging a tank that size. I dive with HP 130, I would think it would make me very unbalanced, anyone else tried this?

texdiveguy
05-27-2008, 18:22
My question is 'why' would you want to do this....not meaning YOU....but this guy. Any size bottle is better served slung for a number of reasons. I dive a HP130 for singles diving and would not even consider mounting a pony to it. If you are considering a pony....take some good advise and sling it....you will be happier!

Rainer
05-27-2008, 18:24
My question is 'why' would you want to do this....not meaning YOU....but this guy. Any size bottle is better served slung for a number of reasons. I dive a HP130 for singles diving and would not even consider mounting a pony to it. If you are considering a pony....take some good advise and sling it....you will be happier!

Agree.

Geoff_T
05-27-2008, 18:37
while I do not dive with a pony right now. I could see a reason to mount it with this. But only if you are diving doubles. this way you could position it between cylinders. That said if you sling you should have some more versitility.

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
05-27-2008, 18:44
I slingmy 40. I know others who mount their 40s to their tanks. Last weekend 4 divers with 40 cf ponies. 2 slung. 2 tank mounted. To each his own. I have no plans to change unless I take up spear fishing, where it might get in the way, I think.

Scotttyd
05-27-2008, 18:45
while I do not dive with a pony right now. I could see a reason to mount it with this. But only if you are diving doubles. this way you could position it between cylinders. That said if you sling you should have some more versitility.
I was thinking the same thing about mounting a 40, way unbalanced, I will sling it (when I get it). If you mount it between yoru doubles, how the heck do you turn it on as most people I know leave their pony turned off until they need it as to avoid losing air as it is not used often (hopefully)

Crimediver
05-27-2008, 18:45
No way would I tank mount a pony. Sling the thing. Or just dive a set of doubles and leave the pony at the farm.

RoyN
05-27-2008, 18:59
Does anybody have anymore information on attaching the sling pony to the BC?