PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Mermet

snagel
05-27-2008, 18:29
I'm heading to Mermet this weekend. If anybody else is going, let me know, I'd like to stop by and say hi.

S. Nagel

harb99
05-28-2008, 08:48
might run over and dive on saturday - would like to try the new bc/reg set and also just to get wet for the first time this year

wife and I will be there for sure on sunday taking our nitrox class :)

mm2002
05-28-2008, 10:46
I'll be there in spirit! Have a safe trip.

Bill1979
05-29-2008, 16:04
Be safe out there. I'm building a house for Habitat for Humanity.

harb99
06-02-2008, 08:27
Ended up just going on Sunday for our Nitrox Cert - classroom and then 2 short dives around 20 to 25 minutes - visibility is terrible - the rains we have received this spring has the place tore up - not to mention it was cold if you dropped below the thermocline

Last year at this same time, you had 10-15 feet of visibility in the shallow area til it was stirred up and 20-30 (sometimes more) feet below the thermocline and away from the training areas

Right now I would say is was 5 feet at best. Oh well - at least we got wet and are now Nitrox Certified for our upcoming Bonaire trip - tested out the new equipment and everything worked great - one comment from my wife stands out - she dove her new Zeagle Zena for the first time - while we were on the way home, I asked what she thought of her new BC, she said it felt good and she had no problems with it and whoever said that you get pushed over on your face at the surface by back inflates was not doing something right b/c she had no problems and this was her first time using it :)