PDA

View Full Version : REEF SWEEP 2008! June 14,from 9am -12 noon

eyezz
05-28-2008, 08:16
Hey guys, Is anyone interested in volunteering on
June 14, from 9am -12noon you can snorkel or dive.

Here is a link to the web site. Ocean Watch Foundation, Inc. (http://www.oceanwatch.org)
See you there:smiley32:
Isaac

Black-Gorrilla
05-28-2008, 09:06
if i can get the day off i will be there... (Lauderdale by the sea i guess)

eyezz
05-28-2008, 10:29
if i can get the day off i will be there... (Lauderdale by the sea i guess)

Hey D, Here are the sites.

Shore Diving
& SNORKELING
Deerfield Beach Pier
Pompano Beach Pier

Beach CleanUp Sites
Deerfield Beach at the Tiki Hut
across from Fire Station
Pompano Beach at the Pier
Lauderdale-by-the-Sea at the Pier
Fort Lauderdale at Birch State Park
John U. Lloyd Beach State Park, Dania
North Beach Park at Sheridan St, Hollywood
Hollywood Beach at the Bandshell

divedeeper
05-30-2008, 23:09
Hey maybe I'll be able to go too and actually meet you guys! That would be awesome. I'll talk to my boss. Are you going to dive or clean up the beach?

MetalHealth
05-31-2008, 00:27
I'll be in Fort Lauderdale that day and would love to participate if time permits. We've got a lot on our agenda.

Black-Gorrilla
05-31-2008, 01:18
think you dive/clean

non divers clean beach... divers clean the near shore reef.

eyezz
05-31-2008, 07:41
Hey guys, we will be diving and at the same time we will be cleaning, Fishing line, beer bottles, est we will pick up trash on the way it should be very safe. It will a great to meet new dive buddys.

navyhmc
05-31-2008, 08:08
Glad to see thing slike this going on. I remember the "Trash dives" I used to do. They had awards for the most trash, the biggest piece and the most unusual. One year the most unusual was a VW beetle-3 guys had 100 lb bags and floated it up.

Black-Gorrilla
06-01-2008, 01:12
Hey guys, we will be diving and at the same time we will be cleaning, Fishing line, beer bottles, est we will pick up trash on the way it should be very safe. It will a great to meet new dive buddys.

so... were are you going? i'll meet up with you over there and dive as long as possible (bringing like 3 tanks at least)

eyezz
06-01-2008, 09:46

so... were are you going? i'll meet up with you over there and dive as long as possible (bringing like 3 tanks at least)

I think deerfield beach, There is some nice reef about the end of the pier There is a resident Hammerhead about 6' near there it should be cool if she is around, I know there is a lot of Tapon around there also

I will bring the 2 tanks that I have, The cleaning is from 9am-12pm. If you want we could go and do one more dive after.

Every one is more then welcome to join.

eyezz
06-01-2008, 09:48
Glad to see thing slike this going on. I remember the "Trash dives" I used to do. They had awards for the most trash, the biggest piece and the most unusual. One year the most unusual was a VW beetle-3 guys had 100 lb bags and floated it up.

I will let you know how much trash we pick up.

eyezz
06-01-2008, 10:10
SHORE DIVING & SNORKELING

Pompano Beach Fishing Pier
Deerfield Beach Fishing Pier
Divers must be certified and present their c-cards when checking in at dive sites.

Fill out the waiver form, and most importantly sign back in when you finish your dive. We may ask you to leave your c-card to be given back to you upon your return to insure your safety and to help our volunteers keep track of all divers responsibly.
Divers please bring cutting tools (no knives) such as sea snips, heavy scissors, sheers, wire cutters, utility cutters to cut the thick bundles of monofilament you will encounter. Safety is our top priority so please be careful.
Check-in for divers at Pompano Pier and Deerfield Pier 8AM -9AM Dive 9AM-11:30AM. All divers must be checked back in no later than 12 Noon so head back to shore with enough time. Fisherman will resume fishing at noon. Bring your own diving/snorkeling gear, as none will be provided. Catch bags would be helpful.
Dive flags - We need some flags but not too many. We suggest some divers take their personal flags and tie them to various pilings. Then if you want to venture off the pier later you are prepared

Black-Gorrilla
06-01-2008, 12:34
no knife? i guess i'll try to stop by somewhere and pick up some emt sheers.

eyezz
06-01-2008, 17:54
Iam sure, a pair of side cutters would be fine if you have.

Black-Gorrilla
06-01-2008, 23:53
well, i have to go to my local shop to get my tanks filled... if they have some EMT shears cheap (like scubatoys does) then i'll pick me up one. i already have a mesh bag that i will bring too.
i hope we dont find a car... because i dont have a lift bag

Black-Gorrilla
06-02-2008, 00:02
BTW Issac... you know how i am with directions...
can i get more or less an address so that i can googlemap my way over :)

eyezz
06-02-2008, 17:20
BTW Issac... you know how i am with directions...
can i get more or less an address so that i can googlemap my way over :)

Take I95 north exit Hillsboro Beach Bld drive east until you get to A1A turn left (North) follow the street you will see the fishing pier in front of you turn right when you get to the pier and head down (South) you will see the Deerfield Fire Station on the right side. Signup at the Tiki Hut Across from Fire Station

Do you still have my number?

Black-Gorrilla
06-02-2008, 21:40
i still have your number...
thanks for the directions.

Black-Gorrilla
06-07-2008, 13:47
i almost went on the wrong day :) lol

eyezz
06-07-2008, 19:08

Lol did you really? Good thing you checked.:smilie39:

Truered1
06-07-2008, 19:57
Anyone going out with S. Florida on the Aqua View for this event? Looking for a dive partner, mine is out of town.

Black-Gorrilla
06-08-2008, 03:15

Really Really.
i woke up at 7am (since it's a formula 1 weekend, and i wake up that early on formula 1 weekends) but forgot it was in Canada... so it was gonna be on at 1pm... well, at 730 i start to put tanks in the car, double check my gear... get a hat and my sunglasses... and remember i dont know how to get where i am going... come inside... see the date... go to bed.

what a bad one!!!

eyezz
06-08-2008, 06:56

Really Really.
i woke up at 7am (since it's a formula 1 weekend, and i wake up that early on formula 1 weekends) but forgot it was in Canada... so it was gonna be on at 1pm... well, at 730 i start to put tanks in the car, double check my gear... get a hat and my sunglasses... and remember i dont know how to get where i am going... come inside... see the date... go to bed.

what a bad one!!!

You went that far, Wow you were so excited to do the Reef Sweep!!! This one will be written in the books.:smiley29:

eyezz
06-08-2008, 06:58
Anyone going out with S. Florida on the Aqua View for this event? Looking for a dive partner, mine is out of town.

Black an I are going to do the beach dive, You are more then welcome if you don't find someone to dive with.

Isaac

Black-Gorrilla
06-09-2008, 00:36

Black an I are going to do the beach dive, You are more then welcome if you don't find someone to dive with.

Isaac

Divedeeper said he might join as well as his wife...

eyezz
06-09-2008, 06:39

Isaac

Divedeeper said he might join as well as his wife...

Right on sounds good I try to call him this week.

divedeeper
06-09-2008, 14:19
We are in. We both have the day off so we will see you at the tiki hut at 845ish. If you could call, I'd appreciate it. Just want to go over some logistics i.e. how many dives / tanks / added gear / etc. We are so stoked about it. I can't wait to dive with you guys!

eyezz
06-09-2008, 21:26
We are in. We both have the day off so we will see you at the tiki hut at 845ish. If you could call, I'd appreciate it. Just want to go over some logistics i.e. how many dives / tanks / added gear / etc. We are so stoked about it. I can't wait to dive with you guys!

Right on Steve, I will call you just been very busy, Iam looking forward to go diving.:mc05:

Black-Gorrilla
06-09-2008, 22:33
and to add to it... my brother says he is in too!
(and we are gonna go to key largo on sunday... full weekend of diving!!)

eyezz
06-10-2008, 08:06
and to add to it... my brother says he is in too!
(and we are gonna go to key largo on sunday... full weekend of diving!!)

I new your brother would not say no to beach dive!

Black-Gorrilla
06-10-2008, 12:54
it surprised me... i had asked him to go dive a bunch of times already... now he wants to go both days this weekend?? i dont get him sometimes.

Black-Gorrilla
06-13-2008, 00:24
well... my brother got the shaft... they told him he has to work Saturday... no option for him.

divedeeper
06-13-2008, 07:40
Hey Eyezz, I got your message. i will call you back today. I really need to know how many tanks you think we'll dive tomorrow. Are you guys planning to do another fun dive or is the reef clean-up gonna be it for you? I have one tank that we own but if i need to rent, I need to get it today.Talk to you this afternoon.

Dive Deeper

eyezz
06-13-2008, 18:22
Hey Eyezz, I got your message. i will call you back today. I really need to know how many tanks you think we'll dive tomorrow. Are you guys planning to do another fun dive or is the reef clean-up gonna be it for you? I have one tank that we own but if i need to rent, I need to get it today.Talk to you this afternoon.

Dive Deeper

We are bring two tanks, we will most likely to do a fun dive after.

Black-Gorrilla
06-13-2008, 23:55
im sure there is a shop near there if anything... we get fills and dive some more :)

eyezz
06-14-2008, 07:53
Hey guy's do to the weather, The Reef Sweep was just call off, That hurts!!

Hey Black I can find you number to call you sorry I will send you mine.

Black-Gorrilla
06-14-2008, 11:15
i just saw that it was called off... that makes me feel a little better since i woke up sick.

blue37
06-15-2008, 10:11
Too bad on the cancellation... I just left yesterday... enjoyed 10 dives from the past week... including two shore dives at Commercial Dr pier and Datura Ave... saw several beer bottles and cans, picked up two masks, two pairs of shades and a snorkel.

Great week of diving at Pompano, Lauderdale by Sea and Key Largo.

eyezz
06-15-2008, 11:38
Too bad on the cancellation... I just left yesterday... enjoyed 10 dives from the past week... including two shore dives at Commercial Dr pier and Datura Ave... saw several beer bottles and cans, picked up two masks, two pairs of shades and a snorkel.

Great week of diving at Pompano, Lauderdale by Sea and Key Largo.

I just got back from a beach dive at Lauderdale By the sea.
It sounds like you had a great time?

blue37
06-15-2008, 19:03
I had an excellent week eyezz... hope to be back.