PDA

View Full Version : PADI web site

*Merlin*
05-28-2008, 09:52
I just had to vent to someone. The PADI web site has got to be the slowest POS web site since AOL was DOS based on a 256bpm modem.
Thanks I feel so much better now.

DUnder
05-28-2008, 09:56
I agree it is a bit slow, good thing I don't need to vist it very offen

mike_s
05-28-2008, 10:23
I just had to vent to someone. The PADI web site has got to be the slowest POS web site since AOL was DOS based on a 256bpm modem.

I emailed them a couple years ago and told them politely the same thing about it being so slow it wasn't usable...

they actually replied with a 'canned' answer about how versitile it was with their new features....

I replied back that it wasn't versitile if it was so slow you couldn't download it on a highspeed connection then it would be worthless to anyone on dialup...

I got no reply after that.... they didn't change a thing.

The information on their website is all pretty much useless anyway. It's all marketing info and no real info about the class requirements, etc...

all fluff, no substance.

so they can keep it slow, because it's useless.

Geoff_T
05-28-2008, 10:30
Yeah I actually think the old website think 99- 2000 ish was a much better resource. I seem to recall there being substance at one point. Than it just became a pure sales tool. I personaly don't go there unless realy compelled any more.

comet24
05-28-2008, 14:15
Slow is not the word it's beyond slow. Just not worth going there.

Rainer
05-28-2008, 14:17

I emailed them a couple years ago and told them politely the same thing about it being so slow it wasn't usable...

they actually replied with a 'canned' answer about how versitile it was with their new features....

I replied back that it wasn't versitile if it was so slow you couldn't download it on a highspeed connection then it would be worthless to anyone on dialup...

I got no reply after that.... they didn't change a thing.

The information on their website is all pretty much useless anyway. It's all marketing info and no real info about the class requirements, etc...

all fluff, no substance.

so they can keep it slow, because it's useless.

Maybe they're trying to respond, but the response page just hasn't loaded yet.

rawalker
05-28-2008, 15:17
The only time I find it really awful is while conducting searches for divers in my area. Other than that it's slow but not any worse than many other site.

hooligan
05-28-2008, 18:09
One thing that gets me is how much they charge for a replacement cert card... $30!!!!!!! You can't tell me that if I send them a digital photo, there is $30 worth of labor/shipping to put it on a piece of plastic.

longtailbda
05-28-2008, 18:11
It is a tad bit cumbersome to say the least.

jtkkym
05-28-2008, 19:37
One thing that gets me is how much they charge for a replacement cert card... $30!!!!!!! You can't tell me that if I send them a digital photo, there is $30 worth of labor/shipping to put it on a piece of plastic.

Yap! That is PADI.

chinacat46
05-28-2008, 19:55
It's not just PADI but the shops as well. Most of them buy PIC cards for less then $15 then charge you $30. Seems almost criminal for them to charge so much for a PIC card. I mean you have already payed them for the course why do they need to make an extra $15 so you can send in for a c card.

Zatharas
05-29-2008, 00:55
What about the PADI site is slow for you guys?

What type of internet connection, processor speed or whatever else are you guys using to access the PADI site?

I ask because after reading this post I went to the site and looked around. It was not very slow that I noticed and I do spend a lot of time online doing research.

rawalker
05-29-2008, 02:45
What about the PADI site is slow for you guys?

What type of internet connection, processor speed or whatever else are you guys using to access the PADI site?

I ask because after reading this post I went to the site and looked around. It was not very slow that I noticed and I do spend a lot of time online doing research.

I have a high speed cable connection. There isn't much I can't do on this connection. I have VOIP on it and it still rocks for downloads.
As I said PADI's site is slow for searching for dive buddies but the rest of the site is reasonable.

*Merlin*
05-29-2008, 05:47
Cable modem here as well 2gig+ processor. I worked for H.P. doing remote connectivity tier 2 troubleshooting (back whne HP was still a test equipment company). I understand precived slow and actual slow. Getting to the PADI site and looking around is not much of a problem. Your slow down start when you start using any of the on-line feacturs. Buddy look up ect. Go to the C-card area and type in your user id and click search. It times out more often that it returns an answer. Its like they have a spreadsheet for a data base and use a bubble search.

Jease there I go again. Sorry.