PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle EVO 2 owners, tips and advice?

BORG
05-28-2008, 15:31
My custom EVO2 should be in anytime now from my LDS. For those of you that own one, what are some tips and advice you would give to me a first time drysuit diver with an EVO2.
I already have some experienced buddies that will work with me and show me the ropes of actual drysuit diving. I just wanted to know if there is any gotcha's to look out for with this particular suit.

Thanks!

RoyN
06-01-2008, 22:35
Nothing much other then wax the zipper, try the neck and wraist seals, and powder it up and go enjoy the dive. Thats what I did when I got the drysuit on saturday. Whats best of having my mother on the boat was she cut the neck seal for me. :)

georoc01
06-02-2008, 14:36
Yeah, I echo what Roy says..One is to trim the seals (and I'd let your LDS do this for you, given the cost of this suit, it should be included). Wax the zipper and you are good to go. Oh and get another hose added to your reg for the suit so you can add air as you descend to avoid the squeeze.

I personally took the dry suit class, but as long as you have some experienced dry suit divers with you should be ok.

BORG
06-03-2008, 21:03
Thanks guys. I ordered my custom EVO2 suit the 2nd week in April from my LDS. I have been talking to Joe at Pinnacle in the last week and called back today and got George, the President of Pinnacle. Nice guy, he said they have experienced some un-expected delays from one of their suppliers and my suit should be here by mid-July at the latest.
No sweat, literally, it's going to be in the mid-90s here in Atlanta in the next few days and I would get a heat stroke just putting the thing on right now. I'll only be able to put in on for early morning practice dives to get used to diving it. AAH, but the warming feeling I'll have when the winter winds blow again in about 5-6 months. It will be great to be a all season diver.

RoyN
06-04-2008, 13:10
Its also because of the demand of the suit too. I got mine in just 4 months when I first ordered one in February.

Wetnurse28
06-13-2008, 20:56
What did you guys pay for your suit? What accessories did you get? Which accessories do you recommend.

I saw the Pinnacle Evo2 for 1700 in my local dive shop and it comes with a basic warm weather undergarment.

BORG
06-13-2008, 22:06
I got a much better deal from my LDS. And they are letting me pay for it over time. That makes me feel better about getting my custom EVO2. So if it comes in July, I should be thankful it would be here that soon. That would make it a little over 3 months. Since I ordered it in April.
Good things come to those who wait as they say.
I ordered just the basic suit with no undergarments. I'll get those myself, locally.

digital_steve
06-15-2008, 20:11
here's one tip
If it's a bit tight around the guts then ditch the suspenders/braces
Mine sits comfortable on me, undone at the surface and the suspenders just gave me the ****s

snagel
06-22-2008, 08:30
here's one tip
If it's a bit tight around the guts then ditch the suspenders/braces
Mine sits comfortable on me, undone at the surface and the suspenders just gave me the ****s

I absolutely love my Evo2. Bought mine from ScubaToys off the rack and at a great price. Just get out and dive it and I'm sure you'll love it too.

I'm confused on the suspender thing - what is he trying to say? Sounds like he had the suspenders way to tight and was pulling the suit too far up with the suspenders.

Snagel

digital_steve
06-22-2008, 21:45
No
I'm saying my waist was wide enough to hold the suit up... so i didn't need the suspenders and all they did was get in the way and make me want to choke someone on the boat with them