PDA

View Full Version : Post Scuba, BBQ, Grilling and (Manly) Beverages

WalkinPaul
05-30-2008, 17:27
I was thinking what I like to do after I dive and BBQ/grilling comes to mind. As I was pondering what I like about this activity, I realized that beverages are involved. Beer comes in a can or bottle and is very easy to open, so, making margaritas then came to mind.

So, here is my favorite Margarita recipe:

In a shaker mix:

Crushed Ice, (about a cup)
Juice of 1/2 lime
1.5 - 2 Oz of a good Tequilla (1800 works great)
1 Oz Triple Sec (or contreau/grand marnie. I perfer Walkers)
1 Oz of the Lime/Sugar water stuff. ie. Rose's
Shake vigorously, then strain into a glass with fresh crushed ice in it. Salt is optional. I sometime use the top shelf of everything I have in the bar. It comes out to like $7 a margarita, but they are very good. YMMV

On the food section:

I love to cook steaks, but that's pretty much salt, pepper, grill, eat, so here is my easy grilled bbq breasts:

I usually marinate the chicken over night in olive oil, Italian dressing, tony's cajun seasoning, lime juice, etc. I then use Cook's moppin' sauce and put the breasts straight on the grill at about 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes a side. Then I cover them in BBQ sauce and then serve. YMMV.

Now, I have been wanting to try to combine the two sports, scuba and grilling, which would be spear fishing, then grilling. But, I haven't made it that far (yet). And Never, ever, Ever, combine the scuba and the adult beverages part.

jj1987
05-30-2008, 17:43
For those in college, I suggest two fingers and jose off the shelf mix....

Bryanmc
05-30-2008, 17:45
I love to cook steaks, but that's pretty much salt, pepper, grill, eat, so here is my easy grilled bbq breasts:

Am I the only one that thought this said "big breasts" at first glance?

Aside from that, anything over the coals after a nice lake shore dive or two is a blast. And yes, save the adult beverages for after the diving is done.

rawalker
05-30-2008, 19:37
Hey count me in on this party! :)

Rileybri
05-30-2008, 19:49
Ok I can dig what you got going hear! Grilling, like baon, makes most everything better!

Perfect Margarita:

1 1/2 ounces tequila
1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 ounce Cointreau (not Triple Sec)
salt for rimming glass (optional)
if the black berries in my back yard are ripe I muddle them in the glass first. I like going with a basic agave 100 proof for my Margaritas, and save the good stuff for sipping.

On the Q:
to keep it scuba related hear we go:

You will need; PEI muscles, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, 1 jalapeņo pepper, red onion, whole crushed (important) garlic cloves, a stick of butter, and and a nice IPA (substitute a nice white wine). Make an foil pouch and combine the muscles, veggies, butter and liquid and seal it off well. Add salt and pepper as desired before sealing the pouch. Place on the grill for about 20-25mins and don't touch it! Poor in a bowl and serve. A nice hard baguette is great for sopping up the beer/wine sauce!

*Merlin*
05-31-2008, 04:31
In the south we put the hog on the log. And keep the homebrew on tap.

Rileybri
05-31-2008, 09:13
In the south we put the hog on the log. And keep the homebrew on tap.

when is your next pig picking party? I want in!!!!!!!!!!