PDA

View Full Version : 5/31 Oronogo Report

DivingCRNA
05-31-2008, 18:19
Dark Wolf and I hit Oronogo today. We got in 2 dives, between DW oversleeping and the lightening storms....

The first dive was an investigation of the north wall and to find the location of the Blue Room and other caverns. We did 80 feet for 23 minutes and found several cavern entrances. I got a little vertigo, so I cut the dive a little short. But we found some good sites.

Then we walked up the hill after doffing our gear and a lightening strike hit so close we smelled ozone! I was a little freaked out by that!

SEcond dive was a search for the dog house by the cabin cruiser. We did not find it. The vis was terrible. There was a pretty big group of OW students, which always hurts vis there. We did a square pattern and them practiced our free ascents without the line, but next to it. We saw some tec deep guys diving and decided we need to get our poop in a group! 108 feet for 23 minutes.

A nice day, with little difficulty!

And the Ozark Cave Diving Alliance was there with cool toys. Rebreathers and BIG scooters.

navyhmc
05-31-2008, 18:38
Wish I could have been there, but alas, I was required to be here at home. Sounds like some good diving though.

Dark Wolf
06-01-2008, 13:33
It was a great day, well except for the lightning!! A couple of nice dives, BSing, and checking out cool toys. Can't wait to do it again! Who knows, maybe I will be there on time next trip!!!:)

DW

DiveSooner
06-01-2008, 20:21
Glad you had fun.

Besides the silting from the OW class, what was viz at lower depths? and Temp?

KennyD
06-01-2008, 20:56
Glad you guys got to dive. Sorry for the OW Class. I belive it was from here in Wichita. Adventure Sports... Mandy, Kevin and Big Dan were there this weekend with students and Kevin and Dan were there doing some tech. stuff. Group with a White Van and pop up canopy for shade.
I was in Rescue Class all weekend.

DivingCRNA
06-01-2008, 21:36
Glad you guys got to dive. Sorry for the OW Class. I belive it was from here in Wichita. Adventure Sports... Mandy, Kevin and Big Dan were there this weekend with students and Kevin and Dan were there doing some tech. stuff. Group with a White Van and pop up canopy for shade.

Where were U doing rescue?

KennyD
06-02-2008, 16:11

Where were U doing rescue?

Through Adventure Sports here in Wichita. Had pool work all weekend and out O/W will be in Oronogo in two weeks. Small class of about six people.

Dark Wolf
06-02-2008, 16:55
If I remember correctly, we were getting 15-20' of vis on the North side at a depth of 80', with a bottom temp of 52 degrees. Vis in front of the ramp was not great. We went down the 100' line, vis was 10-15, bottom temp was about the same. CRNA can correct me if I am wrong!! :)

DW