PDA

View Full Version : Beaver lake visib

navyhmc
05-31-2008, 19:51
I am going to be heading down to Beaver next weekend with a group. Did anyone dive this weekend? I was wondering what the visibility is given all the rain that Beaver has been getting. I think we're going to be on the Northeast end by the dam.

Can anyone give a report from this weekend?

Soonerwink
05-31-2008, 22:33
Where you going to be diving at Beaver? I will be at the Bluffs on Sat. with several from our group.

navyhmc
05-31-2008, 22:42
We will get there late Friday, I have no idea where we are going to be-this will be my first trip with this LDS. I am thinking it's on the NE side by the dam, but not totally sure.

mm2002
06-01-2008, 07:08
I'll look forward to a full report. We're thinking of heading that way sometime soon if the diving is decent.

Heinous1
06-01-2008, 07:24
My LDS is reporting vis up to 10 feet:bonk: as of Memorial Day. The foundations (Renolds foundations) where I did my check out divers are about 4". They are also recomending lights if you plan on being under 30" as it's a total blackout. the wife and I were hoping to get down this weekend but things came up so it looks like June 30th for us and hopefully the silt will have settled some.

Walt725
06-01-2008, 14:01
We were at Beaver yesterday. The viz at the bluffs was about 5-8 feet with the temp around 70. We went down to 40ft but it was totally dark and a light was required. The temp there was about 56. This was an improvement over Memorial Day when we dove there and the viz was 4-5 feet at best. If the rains stop, it should clear up in several weeks.

mm2002
06-01-2008, 15:24
We were at Beaver yesterday. The viz at the bluffs was about 5-8 feet with the temp around 70. We went down to 40ft but it was totally dark and a light was required. The temp there was about 56. This was an improvement over Memorial Day when we dove there and the viz was 4-5 feet at best. If the rains stop, it should clear up in several weeks.

Thanks for the report! I'll tell ya, this weather and lake conditions really sucks. :smiley19:

bottomdweller
06-08-2008, 17:01
6/7/08 Went with my LDS went to the foundations & the bus area Then over to Helicoptor cove. Conditions in both places were Surface temp 75 degrees, We went as deep as 45 ft temps there I am not sure be cause I could not see my gauges when I put it on the face of my mask. But I asure you it was cold! We (or I) did work on our Navagation skills as we all three were hanging on to rope so we would not lose each other and I was leading, Vis was 3-4 ft at best and at about 40ft you could not see anything total black, and at 30ft whe someone kicks the bottom turns out it’s total blackout also. all in all we had a good time found the Bus, Helicopter and a couple boats. But I can’t wait for it to clear up a little more.