PDA

View Full Version : how to turn off "save copy of sent message" default in PM

mike_s
08-06-2007, 21:43
I know there's got to be a way to do it, just can't find that option.

anyone?

mike_s
08-07-2007, 08:47
Bueller.... Bueller..... anyone... anyone... ?

ScubaToys Larry
08-07-2007, 08:54
Darn good question... I'll talk to Tommy later and see what we can do...

mike_s
08-07-2007, 09:12
I figured it out on Scubaboard, but of course it's dead so I can't go check how I did it. SB2 apparently runs a new version of software, or a i can't figure it out there either.

If you figure it out, you might want to make it the default for new users. Otherwise you'll have thousands of extra sent PM's that get saved and take up disk space that really never intended to be saved.

ScubaToys Larry
08-07-2007, 09:20
I figured it out on Scubaboard, but of course it's dead so I can't go check how I did it. SB2 apparently runs a new version of software, or a i can't figure it out there either.

If you figure it out, you might want to make it the default for new users. Otherwise you'll have thousands of extra sent PM's that get saved and take up disk space that really never intended to be saved.

Actually, or rev is about 4 versions newer than theirs... but there as so many hacks, patches, mods you can add to VB.. no telling.

Won't get too big as there is a limit on your total, in and out you can have - but I know it's a pain to have to go in there and delete them once every few weeks, so I'll see if we can find a way to make that an on/off option for you that sticks... Good tommy question (He's my VB Guru).

TommyB
08-07-2007, 11:17

It requires a hack to the template, which would have to be applied to any updates, templates, etc. And it would make it global to all users.

Just click the don't save copy--

We're trying to limit the amount template mods / hacks. So that Larry does not have to keep up with them All :)

thesmoothdome
08-07-2007, 11:28
You can also empty the whole folder at once. If you go into the user cp, there's a tab which says "edit folder" and then an option to delete the whole folder appears.

ScubaToys Larry
08-07-2007, 11:46
Yes, we can set it global on - or global off... I know there are some folks that would rather not save... but if we default it that way, the other half would be upset they have to click to save... I just can't win! :smiley13:

I guess I'll keep it as a default save... either click the box to choose not to each time, or wait a bit, choose all in your sent items and delete.

I'm not worried about the space... I've got some pretty big hard drives, and it's just a bit of text...