PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic Instant Cash Allowance

Diver Kat
06-02-2008, 23:22
Can anyone clarify what the Oceanic Instant Cash Allowance amount is on an Atom 2.0 when trading in an old computer? One authorized dealer lists $200 off, a couple others were unaware of the program, and one called Oceanic - and after talking to several people (who weren't real familiar with the deals?) came back with a 20% off deal. The info below is directly from the Oceanic website, but I don't see any link to the Upgrade Options Chart mentioned ..... we're considering buying 2 Atom 2.0's so this could make a huge difference in our decision.....

Trade in a single product or any combination regulator, octopus, BC, and instrument described in the blue headings below, and receive an Instant Cash Allowance on brand-new Oceanic products. Upgrades are Factory Authorized and qualify for all Oceanic warranty and service programs.

May I select an Oceanic product, or send in a product, that is not on the Upgrade Options Chart?
The options and pricing are carefully researched, and Oceanic will adhere to the product and pricing listed on the chart.

rawalker
06-03-2008, 01:34
The trade in allowance is a dealer program and it supposed to be $150. If a lds discounts enough you can get more than $150 off an Atom 2.0 or VT3. The allowance only applies to full price.
I PMed you regarding the upgrade program directly from Oceanic.

harb99
06-03-2008, 08:25
unless the old computer is dead, would you not be better off to sell it and then try to find the best deal on the computer that you are looking to buy?

this would especially be true if the allowance is only available when the item is purchased at full price.

Diver Kat
06-03-2008, 11:10
The trade in allowance is a dealer program and it supposed to be $150. If a lds discounts enough you can get more than $150 off an Atom 2.0 or VT3. The allowance only applies to full price.
I PMed you regarding the upgrade program directly from Oceanic.Not sure if we're talking apples to apples here - the Instant Cash Allowance is listed under Owner Services and apparently has a max amount of $474 if you trade in an entire kit (regulator, octopus, BC and computer console.)

unless the old computer is dead, would you not be better off to sell it and then try to find the best deal on the computer that you are looking to buy?

this would especially be true if the allowance is only available when the item is purchased at full price. We have a couple of Mosquitos - old, but still working. I think if we'll do better trading them in, than trying to sell them. (Suunto is also doing a $200 trade-in program right now, so we're looking seriously at their options as well.)

So far, I'm hearing that it doesn't have to be on full retail, that there is an allowable amount that the LDS can discount and still apply the ICA.

I was hoping one of the Oceanic guys would pop up with some answers here ...

Diver Kat
06-03-2008, 11:26
Well found some old posts on another board with a reply from one of the Oceanic reps - so it looks like a straight 20% off what your buying ...

The chart referred to on our web site is a carry-over from a previous upgrade program. I will see to it that it is removed.

To clarify the current Instant Cash Allowance program -

Trade in any life-support product (Regulator, Octo, BC, Gauge and/or Dive Computer) and receive 20% off a new product from the same category. Dealer participation is optional, and pricing may vary.

Okc_diver
12-17-2009, 19:10
I've been thinking the same thing.

nrembis
02-08-2010, 23:15
does anyone know if you can just trade-in an old 2nd stage without the 1st for a new Oceanic 1st and 2nd.

Just wondering as I have an older 2nd stage but want to keep the 1st stage :)

and is ST honoring the promotion as not all dealers have to?

ScubaToys Larry
02-09-2010, 06:51
The trade in program is not really much of a program... It's a so much off retail price type thing. When you look at it, by the time you take our pricing, discounts, etc, you are probably cheaper with keeping your stuff instead of shipping it to us.

It's not like oceanic is doing anything with the stuff... we toss it... It's just a way to get shops that don't cut any deals to try to force them to at least try to give a break to divers that might want oceanic gear.

jason_g
02-17-2010, 20:47
Selling the old gear is a much better idea. I just sold a 7 year old reg/octo/computer set for just under $300!