PDA

View Full Version : ST and fills

Geoff_T
06-03-2008, 18:26
Hey do any of you dfw divers know if Scuba Toys offers fills at their shop or rathe what the rate is? Also do they offer package deals on air?

Rileybri
06-03-2008, 18:46
Hey do any of you dfw divers know if Scuba Toys offers fills at their shop or rathe what the rate is? Also do they offer package deals on air?

I have no idea about the air question but I can guess what you are getting with you 250 post wind fall!

Geoff_T
06-03-2008, 18:55
yeah the wife offered to get me a cylinder for my birthday so the 250th money will go twards subsadizing that. This way she avoids some of the sticker shock.

aggie99
06-03-2008, 19:01
Yes they do fill tanks, I am not sure what they charge.

aggie99
06-03-2008, 19:02
yeah the wife offered to get me a cylinder for my birthday so the 250th money will go twards subsadizing that. This way she avoids some of the sticker shock.

I am sure they will fill a newly purchased ST tank free of charge.

Geoff_T
06-03-2008, 19:05

I am sure they will fill a newly purchased ST tank free of charge.

As am I since I am picking up at the store but I was wondering more for my ongoing purposes. The bicycle pump just does not cut it.

dallasdivergirl
06-03-2008, 19:41
$5 per fill

Geoff_T
06-03-2008, 20:32
do they offer a multi fill card or yearly fill rate?

dallasdivergirl
06-03-2008, 20:43
neither of those at this time.

Illini_Fan
06-03-2008, 21:32
one thing to consider is where you live in relation to the dive shop. I've bought every piece of gear at ST except for my tanks. I live up in Plano and bought my tanks at the LDS here in town. The cost was about $20 per tank above the ST price, but, they provide free air fills for life - and that swung me to buy from them.

waytooslow
06-03-2008, 21:43
one thing to consider is where you live in relation to the dive shop. I've bought every piece of gear at ST except for my tanks. I live up in Plano and bought my tanks at the LDS here in town. The cost was about $20 per tank above the ST price, but, they provide free air fills for life - and that swung me to buy from them.

which shop?

Illini_Fan
06-03-2008, 21:59
which shop?

Adventure Scuba on 75 @ about 1 block north of Park. Northwest corner in a stripmall

Geoff_T
06-03-2008, 22:23
yeah the problem is that im about half way between them and international scuba I realy can't get much closer

diver-wife
06-04-2008, 19:15

which shop?
for life? That is impressive, I have paid $8 for an airfill

Geoff_T
06-04-2008, 19:33

which shop?

Yeah I have always had to pay $7 or $8 for air. So even then the $5 scuba toys fills are looking mighty appealing. What I would realy like is a season pass for air where I pay a flat $30 or so for the year.

CompuDude
06-04-2008, 20:12

which shop?

Yeah I have always had to pay $7 or $8 for air. So even then the $5 scuba toys fills are looking mighty appealing. What I would realy like is a season pass for air where I pay a flat $30 or so for the year.

So would the rest of us!

Such plans are rare, however. :(

jtkkym
06-04-2008, 21:07

Wow! Free air fills for life...What a deal.

freeski4ever
06-08-2008, 23:23
Hmmm, interesting.... how do they know that the tank was purchased there, and that it is the one with free airfills for life? Do they put a label on the tank, or go by their VIP sticker or something?

Geoff_T
06-08-2008, 23:38
I wondered this too could I get away with buying one tank from them then get my vis on the other there next year and pass them both off as the same.

Illini_Fan
06-09-2008, 06:48
Hmmm, interesting.... how do they know that the tank was purchased there, and that it is the one with free airfills for life? Do they put a label on the tank, or go by their VIP sticker or something?

Hadn't thought of that. I just figured ethics would cover it and people would do the right thing.

longtailbda
06-12-2008, 11:39
My local lds is a little higher as well but offers free fills as well, thats why I just bought my wife a couple tanks there. In their case they log the ser# and they add a vis. sticker which states free air for life.

cummings66
06-13-2008, 10:44
I get free air for life on my cylinders because I got them from them. I paid more for the cylinders, basically about $50 more than I could get it online for. But, free air for life and I dive enough to justify that.

My own VIP's are on the cylinder, they just remember I bought them from there because I'm always in there. They never forget so it doesn't matter what label is on it.

Vercingetorix
06-13-2008, 11:05
I dive fresh quarries in Texas. Gear rinsed every dive day.

diver-wife
06-13-2008, 12:52
I get free air for life on my cylinders because I got them from them. I paid more for the cylinders, basically about $50 more than I could get it online for. But, free air for life and I dive enough to justify that.

My own VIP's are on the cylinder, they just remember I bought them from there because I'm always in there. They never forget so it doesn't matter what label is on it.
the extra $50 would pay for itself in easily a year, great deal

Martin2
06-13-2008, 14:10
I get free air for life on my cylinders because I got them from them.

I had no idea this was even done.