PDA

View Full Version : SMB Quick Deploy

reactive
06-05-2008, 08:57
Zeagle SMB Quick Deploy Deluxe Signal Marker Kit, Accessories-Signaling Devices, Zeagle, Zeagle SMB Quick Deploy Deluxe Signal Marker Kit (http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ZeagleDeployMarkerKit)

Does this system easily attach to the Brigade BCD?

diver-wife
06-06-2008, 19:37
http://forum.scubatoys.com/bcs-buoyancy-compensators-stab-jackets/13683-buying-add-d-rings-webbing.html

here is a thread with some good pictures, although I think it is with a ranger

fisheater
06-06-2008, 20:27
http://forum.scubatoys.com/bcs-buoyancy-compensators-stab-jackets/13683-buying-add-d-rings-webbing.html

here is a thread with some good pictures, although I think it is with a ranger

It's actually my Brigade with a Tech bladder. I used two Zeagle "quick link with strap" units to put it on. Took less than 4 minutes, even with futzing.

reactive
06-07-2008, 11:41
That works! thanks for the link!

diver-wife
06-16-2008, 08:43
I just hooked up this rig like that and it works great. It should fit on any zeagle product (or most BC's for that matter) although I did try it without the spool, it is too hard to remove the SMB and I did not want my reel hanging like that, so I get to buy a spool, I guess they can always come in handy,

dvinnola
09-17-2008, 22:08
I have just a stock Brigade. So so you mount the SMB to the tank bands, between the lift bladder and the vest? I was going to get the Zeagle quick links to mount the SMB Quick Deploy to the BC, but can't figure out the best spot. It seems like the tank bands, but maybe there is a better idea? Any pics for a stock Brigade?

SJF27
09-18-2008, 11:16
I have a stock brigade and I mounted mine on the top tank strap (the strap the sits on the valve) using a quick link. Then to avoid the SMB pouch from swinging down, I used a key ring to attach the bottom of the pouch to bladder (the Brigade wing has some sort of bungie cord that runs under it and I used one of those eyelets). With this set up, the SMB pouch sits very nicely, can be easily accessed and is out of the way. I like it a lot.

dvinnola
09-18-2008, 13:04
Ah, I saw the bungee. I wasn't sure if that was secure enough to attach to.

Darmok
09-18-2008, 17:02
Ah, I saw the bungee. I wasn't sure if that was secure enough to attach to.

why did you attach it to the bungee? I see in my Brigade that there is an empty eyelet on the bottom of the bladder.. I was thinking to use a sex bolt there and then two zip ties on the top between two eyelets of the pouch and the empty metallic clip where you would add a second tank strap... does this make sense?

dvinnola
09-18-2008, 17:04
Actually, I haven't attached it at all. SJF27 said they used a key ring to secure to the lower bungee. I just responded thinking that wasn't secure enough.

WaScubaDude
09-18-2008, 17:28
For cold water diving I tied mine thru the eye holes to the Bladder bands so the SMB ended up upside down and between the tank and BC.

In warm water (usually using a rental BC) I use two brass slide clips and two heavy split rings (key rings) Usually ends up under my left arm or a bit higher toward my left front. This set up works well for frequent deploy and stow. Most divers who deploy frequently will skip the mesh bag altogether and use a double ender slide clip to attatch the bag and finger spool to a BC D ring.
I may try this on this coming trip to Cozumel

Darmok
09-18-2008, 20:12
Actually, I haven't attached it at all. SJF27 said they used a key ring to secure to the lower bungee. I just responded thinking that wasn't secure enough.

Sorry, I shouldn't have quoted your post... I wasnt paying attention... my question was in general not directed to you :smiley9:

SJF27
09-18-2008, 21:40
I didn't use the bungie itself as that would probably be a bit unstable. I used the eyelet that the bungie is threaded through. That eyelet and the eyelet on the SMB pouch line up really well when you attach the SMB to the top tank strap. All in all, it's a pretty stable setup.

dvinnola
09-18-2008, 21:59
Sweet, I think I can make that work. I will use the quick links and attach to the top tank band and the eyelet for the bungee strap. Thanks to everyone.