PDA

View Full Version : The Dive Stop 6-8

skdvr
06-06-2008, 07:59
I just wanted to let anyone who may be interested know myself and Kidder are going to The Dive Stop in New Melle on Sun. If anyone wants to join come on out.

Phil

PepeDiver
06-06-2008, 09:04
booooo I'll be in St Louis this weekend but work will interfere with the water! Have fun though!

skdvr
06-06-2008, 12:03
booooo I'll be in St Louis this weekend but work will interfere with the water! Have fun though!

Work smurk...

I think you may have a fever and need to be in the water to cool off...

Phil

PepeDiver
06-06-2008, 15:43

Work smurk...

I think you may have a fever and need to be in the water to cool off...

Phil

If only I had that luxury! I only play Air Force one weekend a month so they don't take too kindly to calling in sick....or wet.

I just saw Dive Stop's bulletin posting on Myspace....water temp 62 at 50ffw!! I wanna diveeeeeeeeee.

skdvr
06-06-2008, 15:52
I just saw Dive Stop's bulletin posting on Myspace....water temp 62 at 50ffw!! I wanna diveeeeeeeeee.

I may have to go down there and check that out. We were planning on staying above the thermocline becuse my buddy is diving wet. The last few times I have been out there it has been in the upper 40's below 25ft.

Phil

PepeDiver
06-06-2008, 20:24
if it really is that cozy I don't think I want to know. That would make me kick myself harder for deciding to leave the gear at home.

skdvr
06-06-2008, 21:07
if it really is that cozy I don't think I want to know. That would make me kick myself harder for deciding to leave the gear at home.

If you want to come out I may have enough extra gear for you to use... Shoot me a PM if you are interested and I can try to put something together...

Phil

PepeDiver
06-06-2008, 21:27
thanks for the offer but I wouldn't be available in time. Sundays I dont get free till 4pm at the earliest...and by then I'm ready to drive to Warrensburg and sit on my rear.

skdvr
06-06-2008, 22:55
thanks for the offer but I wouldn't be available in time. Sundays I dont get free till 4pm at the earliest...and by then I'm ready to drive to Warrensburg and sit on my rear.

I hear ya... So what do you do for the ANG? I use to be a jet mech on AV8B's in the Marine Corps. I know what a day on the tarmac can do to ya....

Phil

harb99
06-06-2008, 23:26
do they rent tanks and do fills at New Melle?

PepeDiver
06-07-2008, 05:37

I hear ya... So what do you do for the ANG? I use to be a jet mech on AV8B's in the Marine Corps. I know what a day on the tarmac can do to ya....

Phil

very little tarmac for me!! i'm a back shop warrior! I work hydraulics. I can tell ya this though....its a heck of a lot different from the 11 years I spent in the army guard. I shoulda done this from the beginning!!!!!!

PepeDiver
06-07-2008, 05:39

i don't believe they rent anything (not positive on that). And I believe they don't yet have their compressor up and running for fills. Again I aint been out there yet but thats what I remember hearing.

skdvr
06-07-2008, 06:07

I do believe that he has some gear that you can rent, but I am not positive about that. No air fills though. There is one shop about 15 min away and another about 25 if you need to get tanks filled. One thing I am pretty sure he will rent is a few tanks. He does not have a ton, I think that he will rent out his personal tanks.

Phil

harb99
06-07-2008, 08:42

I do believe that he has some gear that you can rent, but I am not positive about that. No air fills though. There is one shop about 15 min away and another about 25 if you need to get tanks filled. One thing I am pretty sure he will rent is a few tanks. He does not have a ton, I think that he will rent out his personal tanks.

Phil

thanks for the info Phil

might have to think about coming up there sometime - I do not have any tanks that is why I was asking

skdvr
06-07-2008, 10:05

Phil

thanks for the info Phil

might have to think about coming up there sometime - I do not have any tanks that is why I was asking

Well if you ever want to come up and I happen to be going out there too just let me know and I can bring extra... Just give me a few bucks for the fills and you can use them...

Phil

harb99
06-07-2008, 13:12

Phil

thanks for the info Phil

Well if you ever want to come up and I happen to be going out there too just let me know and I can bring extra... Just give me a few bucks for the fills and you can use them...

Phil

thank you for the offer, I may just take you up on that.

skdvr
06-08-2008, 00:44
thank you for the offer, I may just take you up on that.

I have a season pass there so anytime you come up if I am available to dive I will meet up with ya... Now just remember that I work a lot of weekends... So my availability is fairly sketchy... I am always up for diving if I have the chance though...

Phil