PDA

View Full Version : US v Foreign warranties

RikRaeder
06-06-2008, 20:44
Questions for the Z-team (prefaced by a statement),
It's regulator service time again, and I have two choices.
1) Send my kit back to Scubatoys when I'm in the US this summer, have them service it and ship it to my father who will relay it to me, and know it's done right (with full parts kit and under warranty) but pay lots of shipping back and forth;
2) Have it serviced in Japan where the dealer has to "check the Japanese warranty," and I'm not entirely sure how right it will be done, or under what parameters (the cost will be just a tad less than option one)

The Question:
Are Zeagle's warranty terms different in Japan than in the US? I bought my kit in the US (lifetime warranty for parts while under regular service, right?) but now live in Japan. Does that have an effect on Zeagle's providing maintenance parts for my regular servicing, or is the LDS just trying to hit me up for some extra cash (they do that here...A LOT).

Please clarify. Thanks

Largo
06-06-2008, 20:52
Better PM Scott.

SCOTT!!!

Where is Frau Farbissiner when you need her?

Largo
06-06-2008, 21:16
That's a reference to the movie, Austin Powers.

Bit of trivia:
Farbissiner is Yiddish slang for a bitter person.

Ah, but you young people don't care about old movies like Austin Powers.

ScottZeagle
06-09-2008, 08:54
If you send the reg back to the USA, the parts kits will be free. You will still have to pay for labor, or course.

If you have the reg serviced in a country outside of the USA, you will have to pay for the parts and the labor.

RikRaeder
06-09-2008, 08:58
Thank you oh so much. I always mail it back to where I purchased it from when I'm in California. I forget the name of the shop. Scuba something, or Something Toys.
Anyway, I nailed down my LDS today and it turns out that they aren't an authorized dealer after all (and after much hemming and hawing).

See:
http://forum.scubatoys.com/complaints-problems/13956-japanese-regulator-service.html