PDA

View Full Version : how search for objects on the seafloor?

Karletto
06-09-2008, 17:40
i lost a golden bracelet 10 years ago in a gulf -> quiet area with no strong currents; on the charts the area is even marked as anckorage for boats; the depth is 15m+; the seafloor is mainly of 0.65 feet long grass, small rocks and sand. the current moves objects across the floor so what are the chances to find the bracelet? is it already barried? are there some techinques to scan the floor like detector (does it even recognize gold?) or some sort of a net?

wheres me gold? http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/pirate.gif

scubasamurai
06-09-2008, 21:58
they have underwater detectors, but are a little pricey. if the current moves across the sea floor and not to mention the 10yr span ( must have been reading the watch story hun??) you have a chance slim to none. why 10yrs later you decide to look for it?

longtailbda
06-10-2008, 16:55
You may want to try taking a search and recovery course through Padi or another agency. keep in mind that they will only teach you the basics of what you'll need to know.
The odds are really slim of your finding it at this point. The way sand moves in a current its probably covered by now. There are underwater metal detectors but they tend to be expensive; they will pickup gold.
Good luck finding it, if you try.

No Misses
06-11-2008, 10:28
I'm not sure about this quiet gulf where you lost your bracelet. I would bet that at least one strong storm has passed through the area in the last 10 years. But, this sounds like a popular anchorage. Rent/borrow a metal detector and have fun searching. If a lot of people swim there, there is a good chance that you will find some other goodies.

Happy hunting