PDA

View Full Version : So my little brother just got Grand Theft Auto 4

DaneMeyer20
06-11-2008, 05:59
In the span of 2 minutes I watched him run over a crowd of people then throw a molotov cocktail into the crowd that he just splattered. He ran a guy down, pistol whiped him, stole his money, then killed him with a bat on the floor. Cops came and he shot 3 of them before jumping back in the car and driving away.

So i ask you this, what happened to the good old wholesome fun of super mario brothers?

dive10killer
06-11-2008, 06:42
Come on Man!
You know you wanted to grab a Chainsaw and Hack up some Nuns and Orphans!

RikRaeder
06-11-2008, 06:43
GTA 4 sounds pretty wholesome and fun to me. What's so good about smashing animals (turtles), eating mushrooms to change your condition (drugs?) and smashing cars and airplanes like in Mario Brothers?
I think you'd better worry about your brother if he does the GTA type stuff for real!

Vercingetorix
06-11-2008, 07:09
My favorite wholesome game is Battlefield 2, where I make the world safe for democracy one bloody terrorist at a time. Unless I play the other side and free the world from the iron-grip of American imperialism.

DaneMeyer20
06-11-2008, 10:20
He just told me in the previous edition you used to be able to pick up hookers, bang them out, then kill them and take your money back. nice...

fishballer
06-11-2008, 10:45
actually, you can still get a hooker, bang them and kill them. the few times i did it (in the game, heh), i didn't get my money back though.

oh, and when you buy 3 lapdances in a row, you get two for one deal.

hey, i need something to fill time when i can't get wet, you know.

MSilvia
06-11-2008, 12:20
He just told me in the previous edition you used to be able to pick up hookers, bang them out, then kill them and take your money back. nice...
If you got the right kind of car in GTA San Andreas, you could go pimping in it. If you were able to get the girls to their Johns in 10 increasingly difficult missions, hookers would from then on pay you to pick them up and "bang them out"... which recharged your "health".

I can be wholesome just fine without a video game, but blowing off my three girlfriends to race stolen sports cars through hostile gang territory with a couple of submachine gun packing "cousins" is best kept virtual, don't you think?

Beaucoupfishies
06-11-2008, 17:40
How little is your brother? If he's under 17, the only way he should be playing that is if your parents let him. My biggest gripe about all the complaints about this game not being kid friendly is the fact that kids shouldn't be playing it.

It's not a wholesome game, but there are plenty of games that are and are rated within his age range. If he's got an Xbox 360, tell him to pick up Viva Pinata. It's cheap ($20 now) and you can waste hours in it raising pinata critters. :smiley20:

hooligan
06-11-2008, 18:48
How little is your brother? If he's under 17, the only way he should be playing that is if your parents let him. My biggest gripe about all the complaints about this game not being kid friendly is the fact that kids shouldn't be playing it.

I agree. It's not a kidís game, and people that don't like it shouldn't buy it. It should be treated just like an R or NC-17 movie. Just because it's a video game doesn't mean it's for kids.

I do think that it is one of the most entertaining games on the market. Not to mention it blew the previous sales record for a video game out of the water. Something like $500 Million in the first week. That's insane. It's a good thing though, because it cost like $120 Mil to make the game. This is one game that I think is actually worth the $60 they charge for it.

USF_Diver
06-11-2008, 20:54
Yeah this is not a kids game, but I got sort of bored with it.

I can't stop playing Call of Duty 4 online, best game ever.

Splitlip
06-11-2008, 21:18
Never mind.

I am gonna end up sounding like my Dad when he said Rap music was going encourage abuse of women and the HBO series Sex in the City would encourage young girls to smoke and be promiscuous. Can people really be so ...........

Oh wait....

DaneMeyer20
06-12-2008, 10:05
Never mind.

I am gonna end up sounding like my Dad when he said Rap music was going encourage abuse of women and the HBO series Sex in the City would encourage young girls to smoke and be promiscuous. Can people really be so ...........

Oh wait....

I dont expect my brother to go punt infants or anything like that, just found the game to be pretty crazy.

Beaucoupfishies
06-12-2008, 12:49
Yeah this is not a kids game, but I got sort of bored with it.

I can't stop playing Call of Duty 4 online, best game ever.

GTA was the only thing to knock Call of Duty out of first place for online multiplayer for an extended period of time, so that shows you how good Call of Duty is.

Beaucoupfishies
06-12-2008, 12:54
I dont expect my brother to go punt infants or anything like that, just found the game to be pretty crazy.

Why bother when we've got grandma doing it for him?

YouTube - Grandma kicks baby (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIT-rpzx90E)

:smilie39:

matt151617
06-18-2008, 11:27
Ok, unless your little brother is older and lives by himself, why would your parents buy it for him, or even let him play it?

Hell, I'm 23, and my mom still gets mad when I play Perfect Dark or 007 on the 64.

DaneMeyer20
06-18-2008, 12:07
Ok, unless your little brother is older and lives by himself, why would your parents buy it for him, or even let him play it?

Hell, I'm 23, and my mom still gets mad when I play Perfect Dark or 007 on the 64.

thats kinda sad....

hes 16, he doesnt need parents to get anything at his age.

drifter136
07-05-2008, 09:05
If he is only 16, then he shouldn't have been able to buy the game without his parents. Unfortunately, stores don't ask for ID. Granted he is only one year off of the 17+ that M-rated games are designed for. I'm glad you didn't say he was 13 or something.

It bugs me when 14 year old kids are playing M-rated games online. Hearing a bunch of little kids screaming the F-word after every other word into the mic, because they think it makes them sound cool, kinda ruins the fun for those of us who are old enough and mature enough to play the game. Case in point: Gears of War and Counter Strike: Source. Way too many young kids playing those two games.

SlvrDragon50
07-07-2008, 17:39
CS is full of hackers anyways..

Battlefield is so much more fun..

drifter136
07-07-2008, 18:21
True about CS. I just got back into playing BF2142 and having fun with it again. Unfortunately, I lag like mad in both BF2 and BF2142.

Largo
07-07-2008, 18:50
Our society does seem to be on the decline. :(

We criticize the entertainment industry, the news media, the schools, and the government, but I say, place blame where it is due.

I blame the children.

Vercingetorix
07-07-2008, 18:54
I blame the children.Darned right!!!

Everybody...stop having children!!! Give the world about 100 years, and everything will be fine.:smiley36:

Who's with me?!?!?!?

Largo
07-07-2008, 19:57
I'm with you, and doing my part.

I could be outside, meeting women.

But instead, I'm sitting in front of a computer, posting on ST.

That's called commitment.