PDA

View Full Version : Wahhh

the gooch
06-11-2008, 14:33
Ordered my new Oxycheq wing online on Saturday, got a call on Tuesday saying it was out of stock. :smiley21: Wish the web site would have let me know before I got my hopes up of diving my new rig this weekend.

**PS, yes I know I am whining. I am just anxious to try out this BP/W--GASP.

longtailbda
06-11-2008, 15:03
:smiley36:Hey the internet, unlike coffee, isn't instant.

Navy OnStar
06-11-2008, 16:35
:smiley36:Hey the internet, unlike coffee, isn't instant.

Instant coffee STINKS!

hooligan
06-11-2008, 18:13
Instant coffee STINKS!

I think it smells pretty good. ;)

Empacher
06-11-2008, 18:17
what exactly are those crystals in foldgers crystals?

Vercingetorix
06-11-2008, 18:18
And by "on-line", we assume you mean from ST?
Before I order, or drive to the store, I always call for a stock check. I recently missed out on Dive Rite Shears and Dacor Pro Trainer Reg sales. But, calling did prevent a needless trip to ST.l

Vercingetorix
06-11-2008, 18:19
The best coffee is freshly ground, and goes directly from the burr grinder to hot water.

Rileybri
06-11-2008, 19:20
Ordered my new Oxycheq wing online on Saturday, got a call on Tuesday saying it was out of stock. :smiley21: Wish the web site would have let me know before I got my hopes up of diving my new rig this weekend.

**PS, yes I know I am whining. I am just anxious to try out this BP/W--GASP.

You dare speak ill of ST?? I now hand you over to the angry mob!
http://movietonic.com/hollywood/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

the gooch
06-11-2008, 22:35
Well, ordered online Saturday. Called Monday to see what the status was around 4:00 pm EST and was told that they were just pulling orders from the weekend and that someone would call me if it was out of stock.

Got a call the next day (Tuesday), no more wings in stock.

Don't get me wrong, I love ST but would've expected a call Monday, or a definitive answer when I called, on a non-stocked item.

IndyDiver
06-11-2008, 22:56
I think they must have gotten a little backed up this weekend. They have always shipped out everything I've ordered on the same day I placed the order. I ordered something online this Saturday too, and they didn't ship it until Tuesday. I wasn't really needing it for any reason, but it did strike me as unusual when I didn't get a shipping email on Monday

Martin2
06-12-2008, 07:47
Same here. Very unusual for ST. I had to call Monday to find out if it was in stock and when it might be here. Don't get me wrong, ST staff was fabulous, apologized for the delay, and the wetsuit will be here today. But the delay itself wasn't what I'd expected.

digitalman
07-05-2008, 23:02
You can't expect them to be perfect in every way. Even a great shop like ST is allowed a mistake every now and then. I know, I've been quite forgiving of my LDS. Called and asked for a schedule of deep diver classes coming up, and the high school kid who ansered the phone tried to schedule me in an OW class. I explained that I didn't need OW, I want a deep speciality. I think he and I hit a language barrier, because he listed the OW class again. I didn't even argue, I just hung up.

nikefreekz
10-07-2008, 12:03
well done, most people i know would have yell into the phone...

You can't expect them to be perfect in every way. Even a great shop like ST is allowed a mistake every now and then. I know, I've been quite forgiving of my LDS. Called and asked for a schedule of deep diver classes coming up, and the high school kid who ansered the phone tried to schedule me in an OW class. I explained that I didn't need OW, I want a deep speciality. I think he and I hit a language barrier, because he listed the OW class again. I didn't even argue, I just hung up.

thagar
10-07-2008, 20:10
Like it or not ST is popular, so they WILL get backed up. I don't think a call on Tues is unreasonable, if you ordered on Sat.

BlowingBubbles
10-10-2008, 11:12
Very well said

This is like making of photos on canvas (http://www.photo-print-on-canvas.com) of blank photo :smilie39:

Not to get too far off track :smiley2:) but I think the "Photos on Canvas" site is pretty cool. A great gift idea.

islandbum
10-17-2008, 17:47
And by "on-line", we assume you mean from ST?
Before I order, or drive to the store, I always call for a stock check. I recently missed out on Dive Rite Shears and Dacor Pro Trainer Reg sales. But, calling did prevent a needless trip to ST.l
I agree you should call and check the stock but a trip to ST should never be called needless.

johnjsr
12-05-2008, 08:42
Very well said

This is like making of photos to pop art (http://www.photo-print-on-canvas.com) of blank photo :smilie39:

Not to get too far off track :smiley2:) but I think the "Photos on Canvas" site is pretty cool. A great gift idea.

Thanks for liking my idea