PDA

View Full Version : Let's Hear It! Post Some Of Your Favorite Wreck Dives

james.earnhardt
08-07-2007, 14:11
There are many wreck dives out there but what are some of the ones that you enjoyed the most?

I myself have not experienced anything fascinating other than a small ferry boat dive while I was in the Bahamas. I would however like to dive the USS Oriskany in Pensacola, FL. Has any member out there dove this site yet. Thanks

Paul Earnhardt

mike_s
08-07-2007, 14:27
How about these?

* Speigel Grove
* USCG Duane
* USCG Bibb (sister ship to the Duane)
* Benwood
* Eagle

plus many others

Heck... I even enjoy the "wreck" of the houseboat in the local quarry.

any wreck is "what you make of it". :D

fire diver
08-07-2007, 20:29
I have no favorite wrecks. Only "wrecks" I've been to are the crappy fishing boats sunk as dive attractions. Been in one cabin cruiser, but it was an intentional wreck too. One of these days I'm going to run away from home and do some real wreck diving!

FD

thesmoothdome
08-07-2007, 20:33
In no particular order:

The Ruby E and El Rey in San Diego (haven't had a chance to dive the Yukon yet)

The Valiant in Catalina

Jado Trader in Guanaja

WV Diver
08-07-2007, 20:35
How about these?

* Speigel Grove
* USCG Duane
* USCG Bibb (sister ship to the Duane)
* Benwood
* Eagle

plus many others

Heck... I even enjoy the "wreck" of the houseboat in the local quarry.

any wreck is "what you make of it". :D

All those and the City of Washington, Hilma Hooker, New York. Growing tires of diving cleaned wrecks. I would love to dive some real wrecks and maybe find something worthy of the mantle.

mike_s
08-07-2007, 21:19
[quote=mike_s;19068]

All those and the City of Washington, Hilma Hooker, New York. Growing tires of diving cleaned wrecks. I would love to dive some real wrecks and maybe find something worthy of the mantle.

The City of Washington is a great wreck also. I did about 3 or 4 dives on it last month when I was down. The coral heads around it are great also.

WV Diver
08-07-2007, 21:35
[quote=mike_s;19068]

The City of Washington is a great wreck also. I did about 3 or 4 dives on it last month when I was down. The coral heads around it are great also.
I always like visiting Bruiser, Pshyco and playing with the nurse sharks on that wreck.

3rdEye
08-07-2007, 21:41
I have no favorite wrecks. Only "wrecks" I've been to are the crappy fishing boats sunk as dive attractions. Been in one cabin cruiser, but it was an intentional wreck too. One of these days I'm going to run away from home and do some real wreck diving!

FD

ditto.

though my "wrecks" are slightly cooler - school bus, van, Helldiver airplane, and some misc cabin cruisers.

Zenagirl
08-08-2007, 08:24
Favorite wrecks for me would be RMS Rhone in the BVIs, and Mala Wharf in Maui, HI.

sidneydiver
08-08-2007, 10:10
Mine are the Spiegal Grove, Duane and Eagle in the Keys and the Oriskany. The Oriskany is a great dive, I recommend it!

boat
08-08-2007, 11:05
Cedarville in the Mackinac Straits (Michigan)

teog
12-19-2007, 21:19
Ive only have done the spiegel grove and the duane. So far its the speigel.

Scubastud16
12-19-2007, 22:10
"Ken Vitale" aka "The Tracy" in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

rach
12-20-2007, 18:55
did the bianca c. in grenada in october...it was massive!

vanessar
12-20-2007, 20:33
Helma Hooker - Bonaire
Felipe Xicotencatl - Cozumel

Hope one day to dive the Orsikany and the Texas Clipper.

Vanessar