PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle and Whites Fusion

Wetnurse28
06-13-2008, 20:52
Interested to know what people paid when they custom ordered their Whites Fusion or Pinnacle Evo2. How much? Accessories?

I tried on a Pinnacle Evo 2 drysuit today and I was impressed with its durablilty. However the suit was priced at 1700.00. That seems over priced to me. I can get a nice DUI for that kind of money.

K9Pig
06-13-2008, 23:36
I got the Pinnacle EVO 2 and paid $1500, and that came with the relief zipper. I got the compressed neoprene socks. Oh Ya, I also got their version of the rock boots.

Skyjunky
06-14-2008, 11:21
One of the Fusions benefits is not having to customize it.

skdvr
06-14-2008, 12:36
I purchased my Fusion from Mike at Dive Right In Scuba (www.diverightinscuba.com) for a great price. My main dive buddy just ordered his Fusion from Scuba Toys for a great price. I would rather not say what I paid for mine or what my buddy paid for his only because sometimes deals can be better for one person than another just because of what was going on with the seller at the time of sale. I know that I got a great deal on my suit as did my buddy. My suggestion would be to call either Mike at Dive Right In Scuba or Joe at Scuba Toys and talk to them about what you are looking to get on the Fusion.

Phil

Wetnurse28
06-14-2008, 15:39
I emailed Joe and called Dive Rite. They will be getting back to me on Monday to quote me a price.

RoyN
06-15-2008, 00:45
My suit was made to fit me. But given the price and the amount of dives I've done over the past years, I think the evolution 2 is worth every penny. Either you're adding too much useless nicknacks on the drysuit, or you added something that you probably don't need at all. Pee valve? Well, I never had used for that. Maybe some people do but, that should save you quite a bit there if you don't want it on.

skdvr
06-15-2008, 06:15
I emailed Joe and called Dive Rite. They will be getting back to me on Monday to quote me a price.

I assume that you mean Dive Right and not Dive Rite.

Good luck in your quest. I know it took me a while to decide on what exacly I wanted to through the money on... I am however glad I bought what I did. I am very happy with it...

Phil

cummings66
06-15-2008, 20:58
Pee valve? Well, I never had used for that. Maybe some people do but, that should save you quite a bit there if you don't want it on.

I dove for years without a P-Valve, but recently added one. It was the best thing I've ever done in my life. The reason is that I had for years practiced a poor habit of not being hydrated properly. If I'm hydrated correctly I'm going to be using that P-Valve at least once every 2 dives. Even during the SI it's handy because I don't need to peel it all the way off. Ever P on your hood because it was in the way? Yuck.

IMO all a diver needs on a drysuit are pockets and a P-Valve, dry hood and dry gloves.

digital_steve
06-15-2008, 21:18
I'm going to add a p-vlave to my pinnacle evo 2 suit
I think it's necesarry just for the SI... i find that peeling the suit down (which is hard enough for me at the moment) and trying to balance on a section of the boat to have a piss is annoying, if not downright dangerous.
The p valve will fix all that for me hopefully!