PDA

View Full Version : Do you own a Miniwave LED?

Devin27
06-18-2008, 23:04
Hey all, im thinking of buying a Princeton Tec Miniwave LED for night diving primary light and for day use hunting under rocks in generally clear water. I dont have much funds at the moment so the more expensive lights are out. Any thoughts? Reviews?

rawalker
06-19-2008, 00:19
It's what I use and have been happy with it's performance. The light output is the same as the Shockwav LED of course the battery life is half but that is still more than sufficient.

Damselfish
06-19-2008, 07:43
I recently got the 4C Miniwave LED to replace my old 8C Shockwave. Was looking for lighter, similar good broad beam and got it, so I'm happy with it. I've only used it at night as I carry a smaller light during the day so don't know about that aspect. (Actually, for day & backup replaced a PT Surge with a PT Torrent LED, happy with that too.)

Martin2
06-19-2008, 08:39
Love it! It has been bright enough and lasted long enough for any situation I've been diving in. I like that it is smaller and not so cumbersome.

ReefHound
06-19-2008, 08:46
I agree with walker, same light output but shorter run time although the runtime is pretty darn good. I initially used non rechargeables and went 6 dives on them, and the light was still going strong. I now use rechargeables and recharge them before a trip or dive weekend anyway so run time is really not an issue. You also reduce a little weight and if you do get in a bind and need to buy or borrow batteries, it's easier to find 4 than 8.

thor
06-19-2008, 09:03
Bought one last year. Love it. Good balance of price, size, battery life and power.