PDA

View Full Version : Planet Fitness?

Monkeylemon
06-20-2008, 14:37
Does anyone belong to a Planet Fitness gym? How do you like it? The price is unbelieveable, but I worry there are reasons for that...

Ron G.
06-21-2008, 11:48
I joined a new Planet Fitness location here in the Baltimore area about a year ago.

I agree....$10/mo. makes you wonder if there's some kind of catch.

My place gets pretty busy on weekdays at about 5:00 til 6:00, but even then there's always equipment available....no waiting.

They keep the equipment in good order, maintain the locker rooms well. Also, they emphasize cleaning the equipment after each use. Members are very good about wiping down the machines after each use.

I don't know how they do it for $10 per month, but I'm enjoying it.

Ron

Monkeylemon
06-21-2008, 13:27
Thanks, Ron...so it all seems pretty clean?

Ron G.
06-21-2008, 17:59
My PF location is very clean.

They have paper towel dispensers located about every 12-15 feet with spray bottles of a light citrus solution. It is amazing how virtually every user grabs a paper towel, sprays it and wipes off each piece of equipment after he finishes with it.

I don't know if they're all so good, but mine definitely is.

Also, as you may know, their target market is not the intense body-builder type. Their main users are probably newer, older, less-serious fitness folks...I fit right in. In fact, they have strict rules to discourage the heavy-duty body builders: no grunting, no large water bottles, no noisy dropping of weights, etc.

Ron

BucJeeper
08-23-2008, 23:33
Holy hell... I appreciate you all posting about this place. Apparently, one just opened up by me, only one in my city. I think I am going to go for the $10/month plan. Something like $39 down, $10/month and $20/yr on top of that. No other place compares, although you do have to sign a 12 month commitment. I'll be heading over to check them out tomorrow.

As said before, I'm not sure how they do it for $10/month. I guess they are trying to develop a customer base and maybe raise the prices later on. There is that clause in the contract, I did notice. Maybe they could grandfather old members in if rates increase. One can only hope.

Monkeylemon
08-29-2008, 21:20
How'd it work out, Buc?

tndiverdude
08-31-2008, 16:09
It seems like a place my wife would go. I stay away from those places. It's a shame there isnt one locally.

BucJeeper
09-01-2008, 10:17
I ended up not getting the chance to stop by prior to the end date of the $10/mo promotion as I was out of town. As of now, they only have the $19.99/mo PF Black Card membership, which is still a decent deal, but I will wait to see if they reinstitute the $10 plan.

I sent them an email to see if they still have the $10 plan or if they may offer it again in the future.

BucJeeper
09-17-2008, 20:03
Hey folks. An update... I waited and, sure enough, they reinstituted the $10/month plan. It is a pretty basic gym, but do you really need all the bells and whistles?

matt151617
09-18-2008, 14:09
Wow not bad. Closest one to me is about 15 miles. $10/month, with a $40 start-up fee, and a $58 cancel fee. Still, even the local YMCA is $40/month.

JeffreyWood
01-07-2015, 11:38
I think Planet Fitness is good.

Charon
01-07-2015, 14:43
I joined the one down the road from me several years ago and IMO they are tops. Definitely clean, up-to-date machines & equipment, very friendly, helpful & knowledegable staff, and on and on ... It's got everything I could want. I got my membership for $99/year. That's an even better deal than the $10/month + the $39 service fee. They usually have coupons available for that deal around this time of year. Around here the $10/month is a no contract deal. It's totally month to month with no cancellation fee. And they really live up to their motto of being a judgment free zone. I'm 68 and fit right in with the youngsters.

JeffreyWood
01-08-2015, 13:04
Sounds good!

abstract
06-03-2015, 01:40
Don't they discourage people from working out intensely? I do not think you can do deadlifts at Planet Fitness and what is one of my staples.

leasmith
09-25-2015, 00:53
Most of the people avoid joining gym because of the high charges but Planet fitness gym charges are really reasonable compared to other gyms.Compared to going for a gym ,I prefer to do Yoga as it does not give any side effects for maintaining my body shape.One of my friend recommended me to use Nuez De La India (http://www.nuez-dela-india.com/) seeds which are effective for losing weight,curb cravings and boost metabolism .Their are so many perks of this seed for health and it also gives guaranteed results .