PDA

View Full Version : Banned

Mtrewyn
06-22-2008, 10:49
I have noticed some members have the word "banned" where the "tadpole, grouper, shark" etc is.

Have they gotten trouble for something? or have they changed something?

Any one know?

Charles R
06-22-2008, 12:04
If it reads banned it will not allow that person to post until they are unbanned. Most of the time its due to SPAM sometimes they post or say in chat something that is inappropriate and the powers to be (ie Larry) deem it necessary to ban the person. Then there is the instance of when they Ban someone for SPAMMING sometimes they Ban the ip address and with non static IP that can create some issues. I hope this helps. The MOD on this board do not have the power to ban someone only an admin can.

Mtrewyn
06-22-2008, 13:35
I was just wondering, the person I saw that was banned has been on for a long time, and it just struck me as odd, than I thought I was reading it wrong.

Splitlip
06-22-2008, 16:05
If it reads banned it will not allow that person to post until they are unbanned. Most of the time its due to SPAM sometimes they post or say in chat something that is inappropriate and the powers to be (ie Larry) deem it necessary to ban the person. Then there is the instance of when they Ban someone for SPAMMING sometimes they Ban the ip address and with non static IP that can create some issues. I hope this helps. The MOD on this board do not have the power to ban someone only an admin can.
I thought it meant like "Banded Coral Shrimp". :smiley36:
http://a1272.g.akamai.net/7/1272/1121/20080207223335/www.liveaquaria.com/images/categories/product/p-78426-shrimp.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:popupWin1('/product/detailed_image.cfm?pCatId=698', 50, 50, 596, 616))

Charles R
06-22-2008, 16:08
nope just banned not banded.:smilie39:

digitalman
07-01-2008, 13:03

How would one go about getting un-banned? Beg on their virtual knees? Is this banned thing kind of like a time out for kids?

Foo2
07-01-2008, 13:13
How would one go about getting un-banned? Beg on their virtual knees? Is this banned thing kind of like a time out for kids?

It depends on the situation and how good of a mood Larry is in that day. Time out? Only if you act like a child. Just mind your manners and chances are you won't ever have to worry about it. :smiley20:

mwhities
07-01-2008, 13:24

Send me $$$ and I'll get you unbanned. Can't say for how long but, I can make it happen for at least a minute. :)

Michael

ScubaToys Larry
07-01-2008, 13:29

Send me $$$ and I'll get you unbanned. Can't say for how long but, I can make it happen for at least a minute. :)

Michael

But then Michael will have to send me a lot of $$$ to get himself unbanned! :smiley32:

mwhities
07-01-2008, 13:31

Michael

But then Michael will have to send me a lot of $$$ to get himself unbanned! :smiley32:

DOH!!! (ok, make sure it's a LOT, just don't disclose it to the board. :P)

Splitlip
07-01-2008, 17:36
Gosh Michael. The Supreme Grand Master was right on you for that one!
Does he monitor you Mods that closely?:vettskremt:

Foo2
07-01-2008, 18:40
Does he monitor you Mods that closely?:vettskremt:

Wouldn't you?:smiley36:

cummings66
07-01-2008, 18:49
I know I would. I do like the fact that this board is actively monitoring it's users and taking care of issues proactively.

Mtrewyn
07-01-2008, 20:35
I like the general "niceness" of this board, I always feel welcome

mike_s
07-01-2008, 20:41

he's already sending you lots of money buying stuff...

but then again, maybe his wife doesn't know about all of it.... so I'm thinking you could threaten to give her and call with his latest invoices.
That could squeeze a few more 'bills' out of him. :smilie39:

digitalman
07-03-2008, 22:54

he's already sending you lots of money buying stuff...

but then again, maybe his wife doesn't know about all of it.... so I'm thinking you could threaten to give her and call with his latest invoices.
That could squeeze a few more 'bills' out of him. :smilie39:

No fair playing the wife card...could apply to a great number of us in here :smiley2:

cummings66
07-04-2008, 10:03
Mine is here with me now, but she doesn't know I'm lusting for a new tech dive computer, the Liquivision X1.

beperkins
10-18-2008, 09:43
I have not noticed any posts that would even get anybody banned, or are they deleted by the Forum Moderators?

Vercingetorix
10-18-2008, 10:15
Usually, a user reports an inappropriate post via the red-and-white triangle icon to the left of the post. This flags it for the Mods who then take action.