PDA

View Full Version : ALMOST ordered from Scuba.com

Navy OnStar
06-22-2008, 19:23
OK. I was looking for some things I couldn't find on the ST website. I know Joe and Larry can order the stuff, but I didn't want to wait for a special order to come in. It was little stuff, less than $50.00. So I went to Scuba.com and put a few things in my cart. When I went to checkout I noticed only 3 of the 4 things qualified for free shipping, so I was charged for shipping on the whole order. The things that kills me is the thing that didn't qualify for free shipping was a pin mount adapter. The thing is the size of a quarter! You can't just throw that in the box???????!!!!! Then I started looking at bags. I compared 2 identical bags from the ST website and Scuba.com. They both were priced exactly the same. But if you look at Scuba.com it doesn't qualify for free shipping AND has a shipping surcharge for UPS ground! It ends up over $30.00 more expensive.

Needless to say...I didn't order...and I'll ask Joe to put in a special order for me!

Splitlip
06-22-2008, 19:46
Yeah. That's bull ****. Seen it before. Not with Scuba.com, but others.

DaneMeyer20
06-23-2008, 11:59
I learned my lesson when the first time I ordered from them.

LRDWILDER
06-23-2008, 12:50
Yeah shipping always seems to be the killer, when on ST its never a problem! They are just so easy to work with!

FailedExistence
06-23-2008, 12:52
I've not placed any orders with anyone aside from Scubatoys ... they've earned my loyalty to the point where I can have patience for a special order. :)

waytooslow
06-23-2008, 12:54
well there's your problem.......................................

I was tempted once myself

Martin2
06-23-2008, 13:34
Never a good idea to stray if it can be avoided. No one has customer service like ST.

BSea
06-23-2008, 15:42
I placed an order with Scuba.com once...................ONCE. (think Johnny Dangerously)

TRACI
06-23-2008, 16:33
The only time I have ever done any business with Scuba.com was for a exchange of a xmas gift that I received, and luckily I had no problems.

It is so much easier to order from ST, where I live it is always just one day shipping to get my order and returns and exchanges have never been a problem.

gthomas
06-23-2008, 16:51
I love getting items in one day from ST so I don't like ordering anywere eles.

Navy OnStar
06-23-2008, 19:17
Update: I PM'd Joe with the items I wanted and less than 24hrs. I get a reply and he is ordering them and getting them shipped soon.

Flatliner
06-23-2008, 19:34
Made the mistake once. Ordered WAY before my trip... It didn't show up, didn't show up, didn't show up. Started getting nervous... Called, was told that they hadn't shipped it yet becuase I didn't pay for expidited shipping.

Vercingetorix
06-23-2008, 19:44
I love getting items in one day from ST so I don't like ordering anywhere else.I know what you mean. But "one day"? Way to long...

So I drive 15 minutes to ST to buy my stuff.:smiley36: Saves shipping costs, too.

oddbod
06-24-2008, 05:08
I love getting items in one day from ST so I don't like ordering anywhere else.I know what you mean. But "one day"? Way to long...

So I drive 15 minutes to ST to buy my stuff.:smiley36: Saves shipping costs, too.
You make me jealous!!!!!:smiley31:

cajunfla
06-24-2008, 05:17
I recently ordered an item from ST. They called me the next working day to tell me it was an item on backorder, and I would have to wait about 4 or 5 days for it to ship.

It WAS 1AM here in Guam when they called, but THAT is customer service. Most other places would just let you wait and wonder what happened to your order.

Martin2
06-24-2008, 11:23
I recently ordered an item from ST. They called me the next working day to tell me it was an item on backorder, and I would have to wait about 4 or 5 days for it to ship.

It WAS 1AM here in Guam when they called, but THAT is customer service. Most other places would just let you wait and wonder what happened to your order.

ST really is fabulous about that kind of thing. I've only had one dealing with scuba.com (a well meaning friend got me a GC) and it went ok, but it certainly wasn't ST.

snoballz
06-24-2008, 12:23
I've ordered a lot from both places. I don't have anything bad to say about scuba.com. I've dealt with them on the phone and via email and they have been very responsive. Admittedly, my purchases at scuba.com was (1) before I found ST and (2) items found at scuba but not on ST (Reading a previous reply, I guess I'll call ST to place a special order).

However, the killer is the shipping. I'm in NY and with free shipping via UPS ground, I won't receive anything until two weeks after I place an order. So all of my orders were placed with expedited shipping.

At least with ST, they are in Dallas, and with free shipping, I still get my orders within 4 days.

I recently placed an order with Joe and as advertised, ST price matched what I found on scuba.com and as a forum member got 10% discount. My conversation, albeit brief, was very friendly and it felt like talking to a friendly neighbor.

With that said, I wish that ST was my neighborhood LDS... I wouldn't go anywhere else!

:smiley16:

jbanks27
06-24-2008, 17:00
Early on, quite a while back, when I was first getting aquainted with Scuba Toys, I made the mistake of processing an order with Scuba.com. I think I had only bought one thing at the time from ST... Took forever to get the items from them, nightmare getting a CC processed with them.. Took over four phone calls.

Now, I don't care how busy ST may be. If I can't buy it right then, I just wait and get it another day. They do take care of you one way or the other.

:smiley20:

thagar
06-26-2008, 20:09
I'm glad I read this before I ordered from them. I will check out the ST site.

easyrider003
07-01-2008, 21:38
The only place I have ever ordered online is scubatoys. Customer service is great and will definitely keep doing business with them

digitalman
07-05-2008, 22:54
I've ordered from scuba.com in the past. Usually I have no problems, but I'm careful to get items with free shipping. If the shipping isn't free, I usually get it from my LDS if I have to get it for an upcoming dive. Of course, that was before I found ST.

Eddym67
07-05-2008, 23:01
I've ordered from scuba.com in the past. Usually I have no problems, but I'm careful to get items with free shipping. If the shipping isn't free, I usually get it from my LDS if I have to get it for an upcoming dive. Of course, that was before I found ST.
Ditto!

Sansho
07-06-2008, 07:59
I've ordered from scuba.com prior to finding ST, and ordering and returns worked ok. ST has been super about special ordering things not listed on their website. With price matching, free shipping >$50, 10% off for forum posting, and exemplary customer service, ST is IT!

Mtrewyn
07-06-2008, 20:54
If I'm going to order on line, its Scuba Toys

jimmysdevoted
07-07-2008, 09:09
Id rather glean the web, find items i am willing to buy and see if St can get them. If I ahve to wait an extra day or two no big deal.. No vacation..a nd since they match prices..really why go anywhere else...

Sasha_K
07-07-2008, 09:22
My time is worth a lot, I can't afford to waste time looking for a better deal than here at ST :-)

diver 85
07-09-2008, 15:12
Be careful and be sure and check the shipping charges, like you did..They can add up and Atimes almost double the cost of your items...

Sansho
07-09-2008, 18:59
Be careful and be sure and check the shipping charges, like you did..They can add up and Atimes almost double the cost of your items...
You have to watch where they offer free shipping. If you change the delivery date or click you want expedited shipping for $10, they add back the 'free' shipping plus the $10, and it's no longer a deal.