PDA

View Full Version : US Divers Gear?

nferra2
08-08-2007, 00:53
I haven't seen any gear buy US divers available online, but I went to a local shop to day (not exclusive dive, more water sports, spearfishing, boat accessories) and they had fins, wetsuits, boots, masks, the whole 9 yards as far as personal gear. Is this stuff any good. They had a sign up stating it was one of the oldest dive gear manufactures around. Just curious, becuase if this is decent gear, it seems like it comes with a really good price.

Dive-aholic
08-08-2007, 03:04
US Divers is one of the oldest manufacturers around. They made a lot of dive gear decades ago. I even have some US Divers regs. I don't think they make regs anymore, at least not under the same name. Most of the US Divers gear I've seen in recent years seems to be more geared for surface sports, not diving. They make some decent masks, but I'm not too impressed with the fins they make. I haven't seen any wetsuits or boots by them. I'd suggest you keep looking. It's a really good price for a reason...

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 07:35
I have a US Divers BC that is a hundred years old and I love it. I thought they were now Aqualung, but I could be way off here, that's just what someone told me. I didn't even know that there was still new stuff coming out with the US Diver name on it. Interesting.

nferra2
08-08-2007, 08:35
I think the sign had Aqualung on it too. But it was definatly US divers branded gear, and at very good prices. Split fins for $50 with bag. Mask, snorkel, split fins, and boot package for under $100. Its tempting to try them out, but I have not found any information on them.

Zenagirl
08-08-2007, 08:40
US Divers became the snorkeling line a few years ago and Aqualung is their dive gear. Same manufacturer/company.

thor
08-08-2007, 08:44
It is manufactured by Aqualung (or the same company that owns aqualung.) Their gear is mostly designed towards snorkeling. I believe they sell this stuff at Sports Authority.

WV Diver
08-08-2007, 10:10
US Divers became the snorkeling line a few years ago and Aqualung is their dive gear. Same manufacturer/company.
That would explain a lot.

Damselfish
08-08-2007, 11:43
most of the stuff would probably be ok at least for awhile, though I'd be leary of snorkeling fins. And need to make sure the mask fits well, if it's a bubble packaged thing that might be hard.

nferra2
08-08-2007, 21:28
I am sure I can find something here at scuba toys, the prices looked attractive, and the gear looked pretty solid. I think I will be safer getting something I know was made for diving.