PDA

View Full Version : Reg hoses

the gooch
06-23-2008, 12:44
Want to buy a 5' and a 22-24". Let me know if you have anything laying around. :smilie40:

ScubaToys Larry
06-23-2008, 12:46
Yea... we have lots!! :smiley36:

Vercingetorix
06-23-2008, 12:51
Because they're relatively inexpensive, you might as well go new. You never know where the used hose has been.:smiley2:

Since you're upgrading, look at Miflex. Just installed a 40-inch primary reg hose. Not so much pulling now.

Martin2
06-23-2008, 13:48
Because they're relatively inexpensive, you might as well go new. You never know where the used hose has been.:smiley2:

Since you're upgrading, look at Miflex. Just installed a 40-inch primary reg hose. Not so much pulling now.

Does the miflex really make a big difference? I've been looking at the, but haven't really put any thought into getting them yet. There are so many things on my wish list!

longtailbda
06-23-2008, 17:31
Buy new its not worth getting used. You should enjoy the added flexibility of the miflex, over the time frame you'll be using it you won't notice the price.

Vercingetorix
06-23-2008, 19:50
Does the miflex really make a big difference? I've been looking at the, but haven't really put any thought into getting them yet. There are so many things on my wish list!Miflex is more flexible and lighter weight. My reg is an Aeris Atmos Pro, which has a swivel on the first stage; this swivel reduces the pulling, but I still feel like the hose is yanking the reg from my mouth.

This Saturday, I dive with the Miflex upgrade for the first time. I'll report then. I upgraded to Miflex based upon CompuDude's recommendation. Based on his analysis, it sounded like it would reduce the pulling even more. I also agree with longtailbda's assessment. Over the long term, I think the the price will be long forgotten with each passing comfortable dive.

On the other hand, if the experience sucks on Saturday, I'll list the new hose in the Used Gear For Sale section.:smiley36:

CompuDude
06-23-2008, 20:03
Sure, blame it on me... ;)

diver 85
07-08-2008, 16:00

How much for a 22"??...TIA...........

harb99
07-08-2008, 16:07

How much for a 22"??...TIA...........

$34.95 for a 22" Miflex - Miflex Regulator Hose, Hoses, XS Scuba, Miflex Regulator Hose (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=Miflex_Regulator_Hose)

$24.95 for a 22" regular hose - Individual Various Length Hoses for DIR Diving, Hoses, ScubaToys, Individual Various Length Hoses for DIR Diving (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=IndividualDIRHose)