PDA

View Full Version : Doubling My Faber HP100

RoyN
06-23-2008, 22:17
Hi guys,

Most of you guys know already that my faber HP100 tanks is the one that is 7lbs negative empty and 14lbs negative full. With that large massive weight, would you guys have any objections to doubling those tanks or they could simply be too heavy? I also have the Apek Backplate that is around 6 pounds heavy too.

P.S. Yes I am preparing for Tech Diving (very slowly)

navyhmc
06-23-2008, 23:01
Not a Tech diver, but I have seen a number of folks that have HP130's doubled up, so I say if you can pack it to the water, go for it! Personally, I am looking at doubling HP120's or maybe 130's in the future for myself.

CompuDude
06-24-2008, 00:47
Well, you're certainly not going to need to wear any extra weight with those...

Try it. Have someone on hand until you're satisfied with the performance, of course... getting stuck underwater with those would be bad.

Rainer
06-24-2008, 07:23
Not a Tech diver, but I have seen a number of folks that have HP130's doubled up, so I say if you can pack it to the water, go for it! Personally, I am looking at doubling HP120's or maybe 130's in the future for myself.

Um, his 100s would be more negative than 130s.

This should be pretty simple. How much weight do you use with a single HP100 (Faber)?

Do you only dive SW?

character157
06-24-2008, 07:45
I would imagine that if you can get to the water and back from the bottom-enough in the wing/some back up for emergency you should be fine. Seems like a heavy rig but 200cf is good capacity.

Aussie
06-24-2008, 08:01
Hi guys,

Most of you guys know already that my faber HP100 tanks is the one that is 7lbs negative empty and 14lbs negative full. With that large massive weight, would you guys have any objections to doubling those tanks or they could simply be too heavy? I also have the Apek Backplate that is around 6 pounds heavy too.

P.S. Yes I am preparing for Tech Diving (very slowly)

I have double faber 12.2l (100cuf) cylinders. I believe that they are the same ones you have in the states.

They are heavy and a pain in the backside when trying to move about in a small boat and trying to carry around on dry land. I am a large lad so it doesnt bother me much. If your on the smaller side it might be an big issue for you.

I have mounted them onto a aliminium Zeagle backplate with the zeagle 55lbs Manta wing and find this setup perfect. In the water the setup is completely different. It takes a little time to get used to the extra bulk but once you do its simply a great perfroming setup. well it is for me anyway.

Why are you wanting the 100 doubles? 200cuf is alot of air and alot of weight to carry around if you really dont need it. Another option to look at is maybe something like a Faber 125 or 150 cuf cylinder with a pony. Its a very usable setup and it might suit you much better.

Try a setup first before you buy as you will get alot better idea of what suits you. My double 100's suit me as I am a big bloke and can handle the weight and it trims well due to my size. Everyone is different.

Aussie